Event Rule for Alts!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Event Rule for Alts!

Post by gorboth » 12 Nov 2020 18:40

Code: Select all

Hello everyone!

I hope the event has been a good experience for you all so far. I have
been happy to see the amount of participation and good-natured fun people
have been having. 

Though our rules for the game clearly state that it is illegal to do
anything that benefits your alts between characters, some people always
manage to forget about this, and do silly things. Therefore, the following
rule has been clearly stated whenever you check your scores with your
pumpkin-bucket, and I will also state it here:

=============
IMPORTANT RULE: You may give your alts a sorting vote of "okay" or less.
Favorite or top-pick votes *FROM*YOUR*OR*TO*YOUR* own alts will result in
disqualification from the event! You can re-sort any of your alt's costumes or
candy into new categories now to avoid this, if needed! Your alts will need to
do this as well!
=============

So ... take heed and make sure you are in compliance with this, unless
you wish your week of work to be snuffed out by a foolish choice. :-)

The event ends this weekend!
G.

Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mim
Rising Hero

Re: Event Rule for Alts!

Post by Mim » 13 Nov 2020 00:56

I suggest flogging, walk on a plank, keelhaul, or tied up in a pillory for characters trying to benefit their mains or alts.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 13 Nov 2020 01:49

I get it, it's a fun event. But I'm surprised at the wishy-washy stance on the well-known rules of the game:

"Actions taken by one character that directly benefit or directly influence the fate of the other (if both are controlled by the same player) are illegal."

So, you're saying that the points don't matter? Because as per "help rules" even voting "okay" on an alt's candy/costume is a direct violation of the game's rules.

So which is it? The points don't matter or cheating is now allowed?

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 13 Nov 2020 11:45

Doing something against the rules is okay because people "probably didn't know" or "forgot"?

Would you care to share a list of rules that are okay to break, or in which context it is okay to break them? Having it by xmas is fine, thanks!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2020 15:28

Rache/Drazson: This is a temporary compromise in regards to the rules that ONLY applies during this event and ONLY when sorting candy and costumes. As I understand, without this rule compromise, it would be impossible for players to paritcipate with more than one character without breaking the rules of the game. Hopefully you can understand why we felt this was a good compromise. Also, sorting your alt's candy/costume as "okay" really isn't much of a benefit at all anyway (I think?).

So to further clarify, in all other situations it's not okay to do anything that benefits your alt, just as <help rules> clearly state.

And no, not knowing or forgetting about a rule does NOT make it okay. Every player are told to read <help rules> as they enter the portal to the real game, and it's their responsibility to read and follow the rules. Not reading or forgetting about the rules is no excuse. It's not uncommon at all for the AoP team to catch players breaking the alt separation rules, and they don't get away with it just because they say that they forgot or didn't know. If you break those rules, you are going to be punished for it depending on the severity of the rule violation, and it's your responsibility as a player to know the rules and follow them.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 13 Nov 2020 17:57

Im still suggesting flogging, walk on a plank, keelhaul, or tied up in a pillory for characters trying to benefit their mains or alts. :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Nov 2020 20:41

Why am I not surprised that someone tried to pull a stunt like this..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 13 Nov 2020 20:45

I read the part where you were saying "it's okay for people to cheat if they are numerous (we can't act cause playerbase) or very important/old (they will act up or idk break the server with a hammer).

I am still not clear on the part of *which* rules those 2 bodies can freely break. This time it was an ad hoc announcement, should we expect targetted statements for each guild/item/interaction from now on?

Plus, a follow-up question: Does the above incident change the rules as they apply to the rest of the playerbase - let's refer to them as complete_idiots_who_read_and_abide_by_the_rules? All this is very confusing. Thank you.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 13 Nov 2020 22:17

I don't at all get why admin felt compelled to allow the rules to be broken here. Want to play the Halloween game? Pick a damned character. What's so hard or unfair about that? The admin's stance on this is ridiculous. In case anyone was wondering what I thought about it ... lol.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 13 Nov 2020 23:42

Cherek wrote:
13 Nov 2020 15:28
Rache/Drazson: This is a temporary compromise in regards to the rules that ONLY applies during this event and ONLY when sorting candy and costumes. As I understand, without this rule compromise, it would be impossible for players to paritcipate with more than one character without breaking the rules of the game. Hopefully you can understand why we felt this was a good compromise. Also, sorting your alt's candy/costume as "okay" really isn't much of a benefit at all anyway (I think?).
You could just not vote for your alt(s), you know, like actively choosing to not cheat. You'd have to leave the candy/costume unranked but maybe that's deemed too much work to avoid cheating? I know how it sounds, but I don't know how to change the sound of my text.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or sound like a dick, and if I do, I apologize. But the event is very much doable without voting for yourselves.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/