Autohunting vs Autotracking

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mim
Rising Hero

Re: Autohunting vs Autotracking

Post by Mim » 09 Apr 2021 20:24

Cherek wrote:
09 Apr 2021 19:07
If you think the rules are unclear, or misleading,
or that they are applied wrong,
The rules are crystal clear.
"Using triggers to hunt another player...."
Were triggers used in the hunt? Yes, they were.
There is no mention about which part, or any part, of the hunt were triggers are allowed and movement specifically is not.
"Using triggers to hunt" How can you or anyone say that using triggers is allowed after that sentense is a mystery.
To state that the tracking-part is fine, but the movement part is not, looks like an after construction.

I also belive the reason for the rule is to allow players to run away. No one answered that question so far.

But why discuss what 'Using triggers to hunt another player' means, when we all know what it means?
If we disagree what those words mean, then I think we will reach no conclusion.

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 09 Apr 2021 21:48

Mim,

But if we will litarally understand this rule you put, it means we cannot use triggers to color exits while we hunt others as well. Or use trigger to automatically execute new special. Do you execute every mattack manually during fight or use trigger for it?

And if you wand to follow rules as it was written you should ask question when the hunt start? If you do not change location you do not hunt, etc. Of course such an interpretation is far beyond the "spirit of rules" and is only example we should use common sense as well.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 10 Apr 2021 09:19

Saimon wrote:
09 Apr 2021 21:48
Mim,

But if we will litarally understand this rule you put, it means we cannot use triggers to color exits while we hunt others as well. Or use trigger to automatically execute new special. Do you execute every mattack manually during fight or use trigger for it?

And if you wand to follow rules as it was written you should ask question when the hunt start? If you do not change location you do not hunt, etc. Of course such an interpretation is far beyond the "spirit of rules" and is only example we should use common sense as well.
I do think we all know what hunt means.
When it starts and when it terminates.

If someone would explain a sucessful autohunt with:
-:"I was not hunting him. I just found some intresting tracks in the ground."
-:"So I followed those intresting tracks with my autotrigger, and at the end of them were Mr Schmuck, so I killed him."
-:"Call it a lucky coincidence, but it was not hunting"

I do not think, and I do not hope anyone would accept that explanation, but who knows?

I do not either think colours, textsize, fonts or text sharpness affect this.

Using triggers to excecute mattack?
Ofc. That is what they are made for.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/