Blademaster directed attacks

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you use bstudy and directed attacks in combat?

Always
No votes
Most of the time
No votes
Sometimes
No votes
Rarely
18%
Never
82%

Total votes: 11

Budwise
Veteran

Blademaster directed attacks

Post by Budwise » 04 Feb 2022 15:29

Just wondering how much we use this new ability.
Kinda feel it should be automagic for a Blademaster,
so to me it's too much bother to try and use it during combat.

How about the rest of you?

(And not to take anything away from Tapakahs work in the domain and guild.
Think it is great that a wiz is putting in the effort. Just feels like it's not the upgrade
we wanted. But perhaps it's the one we deserve. :) )

Ckrik
Wizard

Re: Blademaster directed attacks

Post by Ckrik » 08 Feb 2022 00:05

Auto-best hit location was banned from all guild specials. It's like having an aim-bot. We also only wanted to give a small edge to players who strategically and manually choose locations. The lack of an automated best hit location picker was very much intentional.

If you can't be bothered to examine the enemy to guess which body-part is least armoured, then just use the normal version of the special.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 08 Feb 2022 09:05

Thanks for the reply but if noone can be bothered, why have it?

Also autohit is not the issue here. A well-intentioned improvement that noone seems to use is.

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 09 Feb 2022 08:39

I think if you want to use it you have to first study an area and its npcs so you can determine where this kind of npc is least protected and include that specific Blademaster ability on that specific area in your script. It's how some monks used 'strike' in the past. To expect that players would manually appraise each npc and manually attack them one after the other during your <x> hour daily grind is just ludicrous. So, if for example you know that <x> npcs populating <y> area don't have helmets, then you'd have to modify your battack variable to aim at the head only during the duration of that script. As most things in the game, it's just a script refinement problem as most 'script breaking' features in various areas are.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 09 Feb 2022 11:09

Scripts? We don't need no steenkin' scripts! ;-)
Quicktyper for the win.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 09 Feb 2022 17:07

The game is designed or at the very least has developed in a way that players are grinding for hours and hours on end, it's not their laziness or something that inputting stuff manually on hoard after hoard of enemies is unheard of. Even if you disregard the lobotomy it would take to suffer through that, we're talking about ensured carpal tunnel which was already a threat while playing Genesis, let alone other pc activities.

My assumption is that aiming can be thought of as a boss fight specialty rather than general damage aid. In such a context it would make sense and the damage difference might indeed not be significant.

The other thing that troubles me is that it's basically more caid the more your coding ability or good relations with someone who has them. Which is why I'd keep an eye towards the boss specialty concept, which is indeed fun and engaging to use.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/