Enhancers

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Enhancers

Post by Thalric » 16 Nov 2022 14:27

As part of this new change to damage, I think it would be wise to also look at enhancers.

As it is now, a lot of REALLY good weapons are enhancing spells. I think that is a very bad way to do. My thought is that you should either be fighting or casting spells, not both at the same time.
I think enhancers should only be items that can be held, and perhaps even has to be held for a bit for the person to connect to the enhancer, for it to give any effect.

That way you will scale down the damage/heal done by people with the ability of both. Being able to do full damage while also healing yourself simultaneously is crazy.
If you remove the enhancing from the weapons, people would have to scale down to at least a one-handed weapon while also holding an enhancer.

On top of that I also think that all enhancers ought to enhance all elements, and not just some of them. It seems silly that you can make enhancers that are only functional for a portion of the game, instead of everyone being on even footing. (when we talk about held items.)

This change would also make it easier for the non-magic players to get some of the really good weapons, as they would be coveted less by all those who wants to use them as enhancers.

Chanele
Champion

Re: Enhancers

Post by Chanele » 16 Nov 2022 18:17

That is one way to handle but a bad one.

Rather make OCC spellcaster suffer penalty for using heavy melee enhancers, both one handed and two handed version. Solves to problem you adressed.

In all honesty, I think enhancers are in a good position now. Some weapon classes could have a few more options but in a pretty good state overall.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/