Changes.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ckrik
Wizard

Re: Changes.

Post by Ckrik » 13 Jan 2023 19:34

Draugor wrote:
13 Jan 2023 18:26
zizuph wrote:
13 Jan 2023 16:06
Alorrana wrote:
11 Jan 2023 05:34
In the hunt for equality for all, none will be.

I bid you all a happy mudding and a gg going forward.

Alo, signing out.
We will give the player the choice through meditation on how to build their characters stats, rather than define it significantly through their race..

If this is a deal breaker for you, I am sorry. This has been a negative issue for too many people for too long.
Best way to handle it, now only goblins will be at a disadvantage (and to some extent elves in MM but that's to my knowledge the only place) due to rampant racism :P Or specism?
If you are referring to the quests in MT and MM or any other race/align/guild restricted areas, a way to sort that out is on my docket (unless Cherek and I convince Nerull to pick up the project).

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 13 Jan 2023 19:44

i think a lot of people are kind of missing the actual
effects of at least the stat balancing changes at least how they were last described. and just coming up with problems that are not there.

1. people do not want negligible differences,
Negligible is probably not gonna happen, the difference will most likly be very noticeable, if not noticeable enough they can add more later. this is not necessarily a permanent thing it can be adjusted up or down.

2. after look at proposed + and - people are like oh no my <stat> is gonna be nerfed!
Actually also most likly wrong based on the wizz posts i saw since the <average> is going to increase
and the bonuses and weaknesses are likely going to
be in areas the races already had a bonus or weakness. those +/- stats will probably hardly change . all your OTHER stats are more likly to change moving towards the new slightly higher average, since it looked like most races had 2 high stats and 3 lowish wed likely see much more buff than nerf. and the likely nerfs will still be average.

This is so bad for <my power race>
Chances are goblins and dwarves will still have the highest strength and con respectively . and the lowest whatever theirs penalty ends up, but since they were probably already super low in the penalty it might translate to a tiny buff in penalty and a big buff in all their other bad stats. so they can play casters/worshipers now (if they can find a magic guild allowing thier race)

I am not a wizard so i obviously only know the same things everyone else should know. by reading wizzie posts. im just looking at things upsidown, instead of focusing on what i may lose as an elf, I'm trying to focus on the possible str and or con buff (NICE!)

unless complaining makes you a happier person, in which case your probably having a great time! and will likely pick apart my post.. with much joy!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Jan 2023 21:39

Ckrik wrote:
13 Jan 2023 19:34

If you are referring to the quests in MT and MM or any other race/align/guild restricted areas, a way to sort that out is on my docket (unless Cherek and I convince Nerull to pick up the project).
There's some quests aswell outside of it, aswell as some gates among atleast one more Pelargir? Knight NPC's straight autoattacking no matter where you are etc, havent played in awhile but goblins DO get alot of just shit, with the stats it doesent matter, most of the goblins just start as human, do the racist quests and switch, horrendous RP tho. Think there's a few merc points that's a complete nightmare aswell if I recall as a goblin

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 13 Jan 2023 22:19

Draugor wrote:
13 Jan 2023 21:39
Ckrik wrote:

There's some quests aswell outside of it, aswell as some gates among atleast one more Pelargir? Knight NPC's straight autoattacking no matter where you are etc, havent played in awhile but goblins DO get alot of just shit, with the stats it doesent matter, most of the goblins just start as human, do the racist quests and switch, horrendous RP tho. Think there's a few merc points that's a complete nightmare aswell if I recall as a goblin
Actually, (tries not to be condescending) goblins can do all of those quests, if they're clever about. As goblins :lol:

I only just found it, but it works. GG to whoever coded MT.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Jan 2023 22:41

Quantum wrote:
13 Jan 2023 22:19
Draugor wrote:
13 Jan 2023 21:39
Ckrik wrote:

Actually, (tries not to be condescending) goblins can do all of those quests, if they're clever about. As goblins :lol:

I only just found it, but it works. GG to whoever coded MT.
THe secret entrance was still closed when I left, regardless if you have to jump through special hoops it's still shit, the same xp should be placed in minas morgul with the same questid so people cant do it twice, simple. Best would to just remove quests :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/