Myth Prog Tracker

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Myth Prog Tracker

Post by Cherek » 04 Jan 2023 05:36

Quantum: Sounds great. I’ll start working on it after I finish my Harry Potter domain. Currently I am coding an exact replica of London, which I think is about the same project size as your idea :)

Ok, jokes aside. It’s a fun idea of course, but sure requires a skilled programmer with plenty of time. And since dragons are so amazingly cool, I guess everyone will want to be one. I mean, I never liked grinding, but I’d probably fire up my old grinding scripts and watch Youtube clips until I am 250 avg too. Which, if we are being serious, is the problem with an endgame “prize” that is too good. Personally I think the endgame stuff to grind for should be fun bonuses for those who really love to grind, but not “must haves”, that everyone will badly want.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 05 Jan 2023 01:49

Cherek wrote:
04 Jan 2023 05:36
Sounds great. I’ll start working on it after I finish my Harry Potter domain. Currently I am coding an exact replica of London.
Sooo... before Christmas then?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Jan 2023 05:06

Targun wrote:
05 Jan 2023 01:49
Cherek wrote:
04 Jan 2023 05:36
Sounds great. I’ll start working on it after I finish my Harry Potter domain. Currently I am coding an exact replica of London.
Sooo... before Christmas then?
I am not sure I even dare to make THAT otherwise safe prediction. We might stop celebrating Christmases before I get it done, but I'll get there eventually.

cyork2
Beginner

Post by cyork2 » 13 Jan 2023 21:34

What fun and awesome comments!!!...

But Cherek - none of this will happen quickly or easily so how about just the progress tracker for now? Genesis has the data, adding a line of text when we meditate shouldn't be more than a line or two of code. Great is the enemy of good.

Thx

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Jan 2023 11:13

cyork2 wrote:
13 Jan 2023 21:34
What fun and awesome comments!!!...

But Cherek - none of this will happen quickly or easily so how about just the progress tracker for now? Genesis has the data, adding a line of text when we meditate shouldn't be more than a line or two of code. Great is the enemy of good.

Thx
As I mentioned in my first reply we already have plans in motion for this. Not exactly a progress tracker like you suggested, but I think you will like it.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 12 Sep 2023 07:56

I like that there are new stats, THANKS, makes things more interesting. Could we add an addition to myth based on the new stats?

Extraordinary myth
Incredible myth
Unbelievable myth
Miraculous myth
Impossible myth

I don't think anyone will strive for impossible myth, but then it is there ;)

The code does not write itself, but it is a smaller project.

Q

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Sep 2023 16:27

Quantum: I think it's good that myth is the final level and it should be where it is now. I think it's good you don't know exactly how big another player is beyond myth.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Sep 2023 20:08

I would go as far as removing the rankings, maybe keep weekly based ranking on wealth, xp gain and general xp..
The new stats will make it possible to track your OWN progress and that should be all we need.

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 14 Sep 2023 05:12

Quantum : If based on stat avg , you'd only ever see extraordinary, as incredible is quite out of reach due to softcap.
Cherek: I agree, Myth is fine end point for all to strive, then they can always continue their striving on the leaderboard which is great.
Chanele: I like the current leaderboards to view who has no life, and who have absolutely no life -i qualify for the latter :lol: one can simply toggle web option off and not open the ranking page if one doesnt like it.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 16 Sep 2023 23:52

I don't understand why people have to be so negative. If you don't like the idea, don't comment. Or at least don't be rude.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/