AH Suggestion - simple / problem solver

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: AH Suggestion - simple / problem solver

Post by Draugor » 02 Feb 2023 07:28

Zhar wrote:
29 Jan 2023 15:17
I think one solution to the problem could be this:
1. Remove the "buy now" feature, let all auctions run their course.
2. Add the ability to place "buy orders", where people would select the item/imbuement they want and a price they're willing to pay for it and others could deliver it to receive instant cash. This might be hard to implement but I think would be a cool feature. Plenty of good gear is rotting in the racks because people don't know what to do with it, if they'd see someone is looking for it they'd probably be willing to sell it instead.
Common tactic is to take prime gear you cant use so your enemies cant use it, back in the day knighys hoarded crimson longswords to keep it from BDA, DA's took prime axes so neidar couldnt use it, AH wont change that much.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Feb 2023 15:38

Draugor: You can't hoard EQ the same way as before, though, as you can't permananently "own" all copies of a piece of EQ and recycle them forever anymore. But sure, obviously, some guilds/people still try to keep good things out of enemy hands, which is just natural.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 03 Feb 2023 16:52

Would it be an idea to expand the AH? (Note, idea for later implementation)

Right now people bid on random items on the AH. What if you turned it around so people could post which item they are looking for an how much they want to pay for it?

If you made a list of swords that were considered good enough to be part of the system then I could look through the list of swords, see that you have the solamnian broadsword, which I might need, and then put an auction up with a solamnian broadsword that I want to pay 30 platinum for. If anyone has a solamnian broadsword they can hand it in and claim my 30 plats.

If we had this option, the I think we might see a few more items from private stashes comming up on the auction house. Can this be abused and are the flaws? Obviously, but what do you think about the overall idea of having a reverse AH option?

Quantum

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 04 Feb 2023 01:34

city of heroes had that. you put in what you want and highest price you were willing to pay.

and theyd put thier item in with the lowest price theyd accept

the auction would show what items were in stock but and itms wanted but not the prices.

so say i had 10 skunkberries with minimum 20plat price and somone comes up and says
i want 5 skunkberries for 50plts

id get payed 50 plats for 5 of my skunks.
but if they sat said they were only willing to pay 5plat for 5 skunks their request will wait till somone lists 5 skunks for 5 or less plats.

of course this will never happen to complex and noone to code it.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 04 Feb 2023 06:26

Snowrose wrote:
04 Feb 2023 01:34
city of heroes had that. you put in what you want and highest price you were willing to pay.

and theyd put thier item in with the lowest price theyd accept

the auction would show what items were in stock but and itms wanted but not the prices.

so say i had 10 skunkberries with minimum 20plat price and somone comes up and says
i want 5 skunkberries for 50plts

id get payed 50 plats for 5 of my skunks.
but if they sat said they were only willing to pay 5plat for 5 skunks their request will wait till somone lists 5 skunks for 5 or less plats.

of course this will never happen to complex and noone to code it.
What you're describing is an order book. At least for commodities like skunk berries I plan to build one... it's been on my agenda for 4+ years, just need to find time to build it.

zizuph
Veteran

Post by zizuph » 04 Feb 2023 07:39

Quantum wrote:
03 Feb 2023 16:52
Would it be an idea to expand the AH? (Note, idea for later implementation)

Right now people bid on random items on the AH. What if you turned it around so people could post which item they are looking for an how much they want to pay for it?

If you made a list of swords that were considered good enough to be part of the system then I could look through the list of swords, see that you have the solamnian broadsword, which I might need, and then put an auction up with a solamnian broadsword that I want to pay 30 platinum for. If anyone has a solamnian broadsword they can hand it in and claim my 30 plats.

If we had this option, the I think we might see a few more items from private stashes comming up on the auction house. Can this be abused and are the flaws? Obviously, but what do you think about the overall idea of having a reverse AH option?

Quantum
This is actually something I put some thought into last year. Other, more pressing projects came up instead (the house auction system, for example). Maybe something I will look into again when I don't have a plate full of mega-projects.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 05 Feb 2023 21:30

an order book would be amazing, it would be great for herbs/gems/eggs/arrows/craft-able or commonly farmed weapons

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 05 Feb 2023 22:08

Eggs...
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 06 Feb 2023 10:53

zizuph wrote:
04 Feb 2023 07:39
This is actually something I put some thought into last year. Other, more pressing projects came up instead (the house auction system, for example). Maybe something I will look into again when I don't have a plate full of mega-projects.
Excellent! I hope you find time for it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/