Craft guild to create enhancers

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Nomm
Apprentice

Craft guild to create enhancers

Post by Nomm » 28 Jul 2023 10:13

Hello,

We have a blacksmith guild that can create armours and weapons. Decent quality to get started with.
This guild can not (to my knowledge) create unarmed enhancers, or magical enhancers.
I feel the realms would need such a craft guild, that can create these enhancers.

What I imagine is a guild that can create staves and wands, and maybe with added gems it becomes an enhancer of same quality that the blacksmiths can make items. When you do magic enhancers perhaps spellcraft is necessary, and unarmed combat for the unarmed enhancers.

What are your thoughts and ideas about this? From what I know, and again it may be me that know to little, but it is not possible to buy an enhancer somewhere either?

Ckrik
Wizard

Re: Craft guild to create enhancers

Post by Ckrik » 28 Jul 2023 23:26

Nomm wrote:
28 Jul 2023 10:13
Hello,

We have a blacksmith guild that can create armours and weapons. Decent quality to get started with.
This guild can not (to my knowledge) create unarmed enhancers, or magical enhancers.
I feel the realms would need such a craft guild, that can create these enhancers.

What I imagine is a guild that can create staves and wands, and maybe with added gems it becomes an enhancer of same quality that the blacksmiths can make items. When you do magic enhancers perhaps spellcraft is necessary, and unarmed combat for the unarmed enhancers.

What are your thoughts and ideas about this? From what I know, and again it may be me that know to little, but it is not possible to buy an enhancer somewhere either?
You can already create magic enhancers either by using the appropriate imbuement stones on items that you craft as a smith or collecting steel coins to craft masterwork wands. Magic is not something common (at least from a NPC's perspective) in Genesis. Magical energy can be placed on many items include musical instruments, stones and even dice as many experimenters have found.

As for unarmed enhancers, adding them as craftable items for the Army of Darkness and Smiths is on my list of TODOs.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 29 Jul 2023 13:41

That sounds like a neat addition Ckrik!

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 29 Jul 2023 22:52

Would it also be possible to create unarmed enhancers using imbues?

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 30 Jul 2023 18:30

Quantum wrote:
29 Jul 2023 22:52
Would it also be possible to create unarmed enhancers using imbues?
You can already do that today. If you have gloves and you imbue them with fireslay elf for example, whenever your fists connect with elves there's a chance you do extra damage with flames (if that's not happening, it's a bug and you need to let me know). However, the base stats will not be better than your fists.

The unarmed enhancers that smiths will be able to craft will have stats better than natural fists, but won't have magical items levels worth of damage. Of course you can imbue the item with further enhancements to gain access to magical properties.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 30 Jul 2023 23:47

Stingstone compatibility for unarmed enhancers too much to ask for?
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 01 Aug 2023 01:42

I had the notion that crafted gear cannot be imbued. Well, I haven't tried :)
I assumed that was the point of Quantum, although I can't be certain. If not, I throw it into the mix as a question!

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 02 Aug 2023 20:25

Well, the reason I ask is that there is 1 top tier pair of boots. And that's it. We can't choose between items. We have 1 (ONE).

So if I could craft one using 10 diamonds or whatever would be amazing. Or if someone could add a pair of top tier boots in any domain, we would absolutely love that.

Laurel and I kill Mergula on a daily basis and out of the last 100+ kills we have one pair of boots to show. Which is a lot of effort for very little reward. That one pair is then for the entire guild. I wish I could go frigate for scythes or whatever but we don't have that as monks.

I vote top tier magic items crafted. Just make it cost a fortune.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/