Myth Prog Tracker

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dhez
Great Adventurer

Re: Myth Prog Tracker

Post by Dhez » 17 Sep 2023 08:53

Quantum wrote:
16 Sep 2023 23:52
I don't understand why people have to be so negative. If you don't like the idea, don't comment. Or at least don't be rude.
I think it's fair to ask of people not to be rude. I'd second that. However, asking them not to comment if they don't like the idea would perhaps allow for an idea to be understood as accepted or agreed with if no one expresses themself otherwise.

Personally I don't like the idea because it keeps the carrot dangling in front of the player and adds some social pressure to chase it, which in turn fosters even more addictive behavior than has been required so far. The feeling of never being mechanically "done" with the game isn't healthy.

In case someone wants to compare it to mmorpgs which raise the bar every few months, please keep also in mind that there are other factors at play. It's not as if such games would simply raise the max level so you could keep killing the same mobs over and over again for a few more months. There's story development, end-game content, world discovery, etc.

Perhaps that'd be an idea. When is Genesis ready to add new levels? When new content (a new domain, not just another grinding area) is added.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 17 Sep 2023 13:13

If only we could hire in 500 programmers like Blizzard :D

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Sep 2023 04:47

Quantum wrote:
16 Sep 2023 23:52
I don't understand why people have to be so negative. If you don't like the idea, don't comment. Or at least don't be rude.
Like Dhez said, people are definitely allowed to comment even if they don't like the idea - as long as they stick to the very simple rules we have. The rude comment has been removed of course.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/