memories

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

memories

Post by gold bezie » 18 Jan 2024 02:22

Hello friends,

as some might know, i have always been annoyed with the lag of memories to remember people.
Simply because this means also i am not able to remember new players in the realms.
To be able to remember them, i am at that age i need to forget really old and good friends
People that have started with me around the same time, but had to leave the game for
personal reasons, yet i still feel very close with. People who got deleted but where dear to me.
And yes also people who died who where deep in my heart.

Now the problem i always had with the limit of remembering people is simply because im
social and since i love the game and i want people to feel welcome.
Now i understand that there might be good reasons for the system we have now
some weird advantage for elves? While everyone cares for strength and xp?
I think this is something that might have been good in the old ages, but now its outdated
and it wont help us grow, since its not really friendly to newones.

i have had so many people, young ones, knowing me, while i could not remember them.
simply because i refuse to forget some old friends...
Especially the ones that died (not trying to play that card, but i simply state out facts for me)
yet i try to make the donut feel friendly towards new ones
The ones we get we need to cherish right?

I was not okay with how it was, but i accepted it
Now with the new changes around remembering people it seems to got worse.
Normally i forgot people with the +. When they where no longer around
it had no use to remember them.
Now it seemed it has been put in a different category, yet if i forget the person
who was removed from the game, i do not get an extra spot for forgetting that person.

Id like to know, as a dedicated person to this Donut, why this change and did, whoever made
this change, realize what the consequenses are?

be well
Goldbezie
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Chanele
Champion

Re: memories

Post by Chanele » 18 Jan 2024 15:55

Hello Goldbezie,

Not sure what the problem is here, the latest change was a huge step in the direction you vouch for. I gained many new name spots when people who hasnt played for x years and deleted players moved to the new section of the remember list.

It might become a problem IF you fill all those new slots and all of the sudden we have a burst of returning old timers who will all take a spot that isnt available.

To sum it up, people in deleted section and people in the "don't play anymore" section does not take a memory slot. It should be an improvement for most people.

/Chanele

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/