Vampires

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Re: Vampires

Post by Chanele » 29 Feb 2024 15:28

I hate to break it for you, TripleM and Budwise, Genesis is not a single player game. Some encounters will be tougher and sometimes players intervene in different manners. If these players would have attacked your team you would have cried and complain about that.

Quite annoying behaviour to be honest.

You feel mistreated? Do something about it. There are plenty of ways to do that:
- Find ways to counter the ability, plenty of options here.
- You feel this was an hostile act? Start a manhunt.
- Contact said characters and start a dialogue. Who knows, it might be a fun RP-event.

To sum it up, not everything is a walk in the park which you can do half idle, sometimes you need to work for it.

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 29 Feb 2024 15:59

Chanele wrote:
29 Feb 2024 15:28
I hate to break it for you, TripleM and Budwise, Genesis is not a single player game. Some encounters will be tougher and sometimes players intervene in different manners. If these players would have attacked your team you would have cried and complain about that.

Quite annoying behaviour to be honest.

You feel mistreated? Do something about it. There are plenty of ways to do that:
- Find ways to counter the ability, plenty of options here.
- You feel this was an hostile act? Start a manhunt.
- Contact said characters and start a dialogue. Who knows, it might be a fun RP-event.

To sum it up, not everything is a walk in the park which you can do half idle, sometimes you need to work for it.
3M the character was not even present at this particular event. I was not aware this was possible and I understand that those who have this ability would like to keep it that way. Fair enough. I am well aware there are ways to counter it, I still think it is highly odd that it is possible.

In my opinion this indeed is a hostile act, I (the player) wondered if this is the consensus amongst the playerbase. The way to respond to hostile behaviour depends on the situation, that would be up to the player(s) involved.

As far as crying over being attacked goes, and you being quite annoyed about that, I am not sure what you are referring to. I do not think I have a track-record in that regard. Anyways, relax. Have a beer, it is almost friday. If you're in the neighbourhood I'll even buy you one!

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 29 Feb 2024 21:21

This is not related to Vampires.

Any guild that can sport x ability + any heal, layman or otherrwise, will be able to do this - it's a general magic library issue. :roll:

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 29 Feb 2024 21:22

Nerull wrote:
29 Feb 2024 21:21

Any guild that can sport x ability + any heal, layman or otherrwise, will be able to do this - it's a general magic library issue. :roll:
this statement is not true for this particular mob :geek:

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 29 Feb 2024 21:35

Kvator wrote:
29 Feb 2024 21:22
Nerull wrote:

Its not possible for other guilds to heal living npcs while invis, doing the same thing to some adversary?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 29 Feb 2024 23:59

Nerull wrote:
29 Feb 2024 21:35
Kvator wrote:
29 Feb 2024 21:22
Nerull wrote:

Its not possible for other guilds to heal living npcs while invis, doing the same thing to some adversary?
it is

yet somehow the most desirable NPC at the moment is undead

and in general the whole concep is crap vamps or non-vamps (just wasn't aware of it before as I never had such grief-related encounter previously and I played this game quite a bit)

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 01 Mar 2024 00:16

So, we can establish that this door swings both ways.

Undeads healing undeads for the sake of griefing
Living healing living for the sake of griefing

The living has access to much stronger heals for this purpose though, and I believe majority of the best stuff in the game are on...living npcs.

This is not a vampire-specific issue - it's all about how heals in general works, and possible in conjunction with invis.

If we want this to be fixed, (so heal breaks invis-spells) tag the aob/admin.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 01 Mar 2024 00:58

tbeh, there are far more living than undead mobs in gen. Last I checked.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

qwertheangmarim
Adept

Post by qwertheangmarim » 01 Mar 2024 04:32

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
01 Mar 2024 00:58
tbeh, there are far more living than undead mobs in gen. Last I checked.
NO!! Sit down and listen, this is a VAMPIRE issue, OP coz they can do this!!! 100% of all trolls are VAMPIRES!! OP!!! FAVOURED!!!! NERFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!

ALL good stuff is on undead NPCs so only vampires are boosted from this!!

Jk, obviously :D
WOOH LETS GO!!!!! :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 01 Mar 2024 11:33

Nerull wrote:
01 Mar 2024 00:16
So, we can establish that this door swings both ways.

Undeads healing undeads for the sake of griefing
Living healing living for the sake of griefing
if we take items out of the equation then 'both ways' = vamps vs sohm + healing layman lol

cause vamps are the only guild to combine wizard spells (invisibility) with cleric spells (heal)....not to mention fighter combat capabilities, rogueske skills (super high awareness) and QoL featueres (scry resist, poison resist, no hunger, darkvision etc) on top of that

end-game contet i guess :roll:

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/