Non-newbie line

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Would you like such a thing to be implemented?

Yes
15%
No
69%
Undecided
15%

Total votes: 13

Rhaegar
Legend

Non-newbie line

Post by Rhaegar » 25 Jul 2010 14:06

Just another wild idea, that could perhaps help people get along better. What about introducing the non-newbie tell line, to which you could of course subscribe or not (thus being invisible there and not receiving any messages). It wouldn't be as much of a 'helper' line, where people could ask various questions or a 'social' line where random bullshit would be spoken.
What I have in mind is more of a 'LFG' line, where you can 'lfg on/off' (perhaps with some more options/descriptions possible). People would be automatically removed from the list if they were inactive/stationary for 15 minutes or more.

Example:

Code: Select all

> lfg
Currently looking for group are:
Rhaegar - newbies welcome
Someone else - titan+
Someone else - gear hunting
Then you could 'gtell' someone on the list (or just send the message into open channel).

So, in other words, not so much of a chit-chat line, but rather a way of advertising that you're bored of going around all alone and would welcome some company and at the same time, a way for people to seek out others wishing to do so, without going through the tedious process of mailing people in hope that they're not idling/busy grinding alone.

What do you think about it?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Mersereau
Champion

Re: Non-newbie line

Post by Mersereau » 25 Jul 2010 15:47

Genesis has a mail system and several messenger systems. There is no need for such a thing.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 25 Jul 2010 15:59

I'm not a big fan of such things myself, but I thought it could be useful to easily check out people that are 'readily available for teaming'.

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 25 Jul 2010 17:27

I dont see why not, hell everyone talks on msn or skype anyways...

Onton
Wanderer

Post by Onton » 25 Jul 2010 23:21

Good idea, for the registry, anyway.. I don't think it needs a "line"..
Messengers and mail are fine if you know lots of active people.. But depending on your size and guilds, you may not.
How about an item you can get from Sparkle which allows you to view or register to the list, which could be like in the original post. If not freeform text, maybe select from a list of options. Or even just a general indication of peoples' alignment could be enough.
It would be up to you to make contact with whoever.
This would be a lot better than either standing around Sparkle hoping someone will hang around long enough to talk, or blindly messaging/mailing people you may not know..
All IMHO though, of course.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 25 Jul 2010 23:38

The simple list you can sign on to/off from was the basic idea. I also think it would be cool to, if not even talk to people, just see who's up and running and not idling. Would make teaming so much easier.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Jul 2010 10:41

WoW? When will archers and Rangers get their pets, that they can tame? :D

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 26 Jul 2010 11:34

Rhaegar wrote:The simple list you can sign on to/off from was the basic idea. I also think it would be cool to, if not even talk to people, just see who's up and running and not idling. Would make teaming so much easier.
If you simple want to know who is idle or not, it may be better to ask for an idicatior similar to "+" or "*" we already have next to the names, maybe "~" or whatever, which would appear next to the name if someone types 'afk' command or something ;p

i still think we can live without it

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/