Quest Experience Brutality Cap

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Quest Experience Brutality Cap

Post by Amberlee » 08 Aug 2010 01:58

Ilrahil wrote:I know you can't give out numbers but what about the countless events I won a couple years ago... Combined with me having the quest orbs completed and all those won events and being a relatively new character does that mean that part of my qxp is worthless to me in the regards of growing?

Yea.. event qexp is also a flaw i see in this system..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 08 Aug 2010 01:59

Ilrahil wrote:I know you can't give out numbers but what about the countless events I won a couple years ago... Combined with me having the quest orbs completed and all those won events and being a relatively new character does that mean that part of my qxp is worthless to me in the regards of growing?
How about you move from the theorycrafting to practical implementation zone?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 08 Aug 2010 02:26

Event XP is rewarded as General XP as far as I remember, not quest xp.

Only quests give quest xp.

Windy

Freya

Post by Freya » 08 Aug 2010 03:33

While I do not think any of my alts are effected by this change, I think the cap should be raised.

I really didnt really see the point in this change at all, all it does it make older players less eager to play, it doesnt really matter for 99% of the people out there.

I'd rather have the multiplier raised up to the same as it was during the cheat year when some arch raised it for his seconds sake, that way people would actually benefit from it and have a small bump up in qxp.

This just seems like we're screwing the people who'se stuck to one char over the years and got some old closed quests...

Just my 2 cents on all of it at least.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Aug 2010 04:00

But then people who have finished all the quests will complain that they won't get benefits from the change while those lacking lots of quests (like Rhynox) will be positively affected.

While very few people will be affected by this change, I don't think there is that much difference between what they got accounted right now and what they used to. In other words, if they got a progress with 30 Terel trolls, they would now need 32 or 33, not that noticeable (this is my assumption that closed quests account for a small percentage of total experience available).

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 08 Aug 2010 04:25

Freya wrote:While I do not think any of my alts are effected by this change, I think the cap should be raised.

I really didnt really see the point in this change at all, all it does it make older players less eager to play, it doesnt really matter for 99% of the people out there.

I'd rather have the multiplier raised up to the same as it was during the cheat year when some arch raised it for his seconds sake, that way people would actually benefit from it and have a small bump up in qxp.

This just seems like we're screwing the people who'se stuck to one char over the years and got some old closed quests...

Just my 2 cents on all of it at least.
Actually, you seem to not get the point... The most screwed over characters are the ones created in between the qexp-bonus and newbie-village introduction era since they lack both, the increased gain from qexp some people got/old quests that got closed before they were created and new qexp only available to people who completed the newbie area.
This are the people who have the real rights to complain (although they probably form the majority of population) as they're getting screwed either way (1. they can't reach the current cap, which I assume is set for people with newbie quests done, 2. they don't get the benefit of having the "extra qexp" available to them in case the cap is increased/they die).

And really, take a look how many myths are there... Would anyone miss them if they were gone (apart from people playing them, obviously)? I don't think so.
And if they're gone, so what? Do they really affect the game/balance in any way? Do they participate in social events? Do they fight people of their own size? Do they even do anything past grinding to grow even bigger then they are now, so they can compare their e-penises?

In my opinion, if all the myth-sized characters were deleted, Genesis would not suffer at all, even more, I believe it would create a sort of "breathing room" for all the others.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 08 Aug 2010 06:03

Rhaegar wrote: In my opinion, if all the myth-sized characters were deleted, Genesis would not suffer at all, even more, I believe it would create a sort of "breathing room" for all the others.
Way to alienate people further!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 08 Aug 2010 09:19

Rhaegar wrote:
In my opinion, if all the myth-sized characters were deleted, Genesis would not suffer at all, even more, I believe it would create a sort of "breathing room" for all the others.
Not sure why you think that would be better for the game. I bet once you get to myth you will see the flaw in your idea.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 08 Aug 2010 09:37

Hmm let me see Rhaegar....

Myself (when I finish recovering), Freya, Nalfein (when he finishes recovering), Hades (when he also finishes recovering, Poet, Chade, Totty, Rhynox, Logg, Irk, Xar, Ahith, Morg all who are active would more than lilkely I would think quit the game. And why would characters like Goul, Budwise, milehigh among multiple others even consider playing Genesis again? You just deleted a character that most of the above mentioned people have put 6-7+ years some of them more than 10 years into. What nostalgia of the game at all would be left. The nostalgia that I think makes genesis unique. None of the old players would have any will to play anymore. Every single person that is a myth even if they have scripted the hell out of the game, has put in a large large time commitment. I do not think Irk and Ahith are deserving of the myth title, or Morg for the amount they scripted HOWEVER Irk and Ahith have both been around longer than any of my characters have been.

Every person has been through what all people who are smaller levels went through. Unfortunately in Genesis that gap has increasingly grown making the game very opposite of newbie friendly because the people who were good at the game and loved playing it, stayed with it and now are at a result of 8+ years of work. Others have not put that time commitment into it.

Deleting people for reaching a certain size in my opinion would mean the death of the game. As someone (maybe rhynox?) pointed out in a recent thread. Genesis will not truly die until the veterans leave. It will be at that point where the game will not be able to function anymore or people will not come to it and be able to get enjoyment out of it.

Call my cynical but that's my thoughts on that comment.

As to Windemere's statement about events giving general experience. As far as my knowledge serves me and noticing brute changes after receiving event rewards. Events are rewarded with Quest experience not General experience. I spent a huge amount of time on many of those events. 8-9 hour days of strictly doing events. I spent an even longer amount of time finishing all the quests that the orbs had to offer. So yes when I see that their is a cap now on it, and do not know at what point it is set, but knowing that I have more quest experience than what a player can currently get now, it bothers me a bit, and I am a young player.

Old characters in Genesis have received little if next to nothing over the years for their dedication to the game. I don't see why we suddenly cap their great brutes, for being around back when Old Emerald was still open, or some of the quests in Middle Earth that were closed were around. Its almost as if we are giving a big F*** you to them.. at least that's how I would feel if I played. Many of the oldies other than a select few (Xar amongst others) have no advantage over the rest of the population except their great quest experience. Yes I am envious of their quest xp but they were around before me. In my opinion they_deserve_to have it. Many of the ones who have overly high quest experience from the old days aren't even that big (like I said there are exceptions like Mumon and Xar.)

Il's Player

P.S. Who would have ever thought I stick up to xar for something ^^ (nudges rhynox ;) )

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 09 Aug 2010 21:31

Rant on Xar moved to the Flame Board. Please stay on topic.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/