Stuck in forest

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

Stuck in forest

Post by Davvol » 02 Sep 2010 13:25

Anyone can give hints for Peaceful woods in Cadu?

Tive
Rising Hero

Re: Stuck in forest

Post by Tive » 02 Sep 2010 14:10

Is it for tracking training?

If so then it's in the maze forest up north, I spent about 3 hours mapping it.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 02 Sep 2010 14:15

yes, i know what it's there and somewher in the north. I even tryed to map it. Spent 4 hours and still not finished. Anyone can help in-game? Just bring me there as team leader?

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 02 Sep 2010 14:17

I think you need to map it yourself as it is different for everyone and the team probably would get lost.

I tried dropping/hiding stuff but the silly gnome brings it back. I havent tried marking locations with charcoal/chalk, try that ;P

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 02 Sep 2010 16:03

Pay attention to your surroundings, especially all the little details. People have lots of different methods for mapping the area, you just have to find the one that suits you.

My method involved a simple chart, others used lots of colors, shapes and codes. This is a time consuming quest no matter what method you chose...

In the end, patience and perserverence is the key.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 02 Sep 2010 16:11

that quest should be giving much better reward IMHO

i dont think many people bothered to do it

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 02 Sep 2010 17:24

That quest is hell.

What you need is pay attention to three different things in each location, then take a big piece of paper and start writing down a three letter combination code for the location you are in, then draw a box with a line going, say, east. Then go east, and look at the combination there. Then do the same as above and continue till you've exhausted every possible non-explored exit, and in the end, you will find what you're looking for in there.

I'm sure what I just wrote made little sense, but it's hard to explain in few words. Try it out and go crazy trying like most everyone else had. :)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 02 Sep 2010 17:47

I tried it 3 different times like that.. and somehow messed it up because I couldn't find all the rooms in the forest... finally gave up declaring it a waste of my time. :P
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 02 Sep 2010 17:57

in my case i found the last 3 or 4 rooms when the rest of the map was almost finished. So i guess it sort of 'unlocks' the last few rooms only when you mapped most of it already.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 Sep 2010 19:15

The plan, actually, is to eventually change the reward so that this is one of the more valuable quests in the game. Most people agree it is truly one of the most difficult and resistant to walkthroughs.

If the quest reward changes, everyone who has done it will also receive the additional exp. This will happen when we finally are able to adopt Tapakah's vision for quest reward globalization. This isn't anything right around the corner, but it is one of the goals.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/