Ice Wall warning

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

Ice Wall warning

Post by Davvol » 24 Sep 2010 20:21

Should be there any warning about how dangerous Ice Wall is for anyone below titan or even champion level? We have some hints in quest orb for Ice Wall quests. Image hero first time there attacked by dragon on the plains? 100% death trap.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Re: Ice Wall warning

Post by Greywolf » 24 Sep 2010 20:36

What's the problem with that? It's a dangerous world out there after all.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 24 Sep 2010 21:34

I'll have to agree with that, when I returned I was hinted about a quest at Icewall.
As I entered the room with a for me new monster I got out at barely alive.
Some say it was pure luck I managed to dive over this hairy guys foot but we all
know it was skill :lol:

Just have the boat captains warn travellers or something.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Sep 2010 22:14

there are warnings about Holm being dagerous ... without a single death-trap and great exp for everyone who can barely enter it :lol: :twisted:

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 24 Sep 2010 22:30

Greywolf wrote:What's the problem with that? It's a dangerous world out there after all.
What the problem? 2 minutes there trying to find way from piers and enter ice wall, and I'm attacked by dragon and I'm dead. Titan, close to champion. Was close. Without any ideas, warning or something like this. Just zero chance to EXPLORE Ice Wall for me.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Sep 2010 22:41

Icewall is there for ... years? It's been up/downgraded a few times but it IS a great place in my opinion. It has the thrill for such biggies like Irk (who died there often enough, even recently) and also nice rewards. So ... exp for cows is bollocks, but the place is really cool! 8-)

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 24 Sep 2010 23:22

Davvol wrote:What the problem? 2 minutes there trying to find way from piers and enter ice wall, and I'm attacked by dragon and I'm dead. Titan, close to champion. Was close. Without any ideas, warning or something like this. Just zero chance to EXPLORE Ice Wall for me.
Hmm...can't you just leave the room when the dragon attacks? It's not like before when there were white ancient dragons who use to not only attack randomly, but also paralyze smaller players on the spot where they could not flee at all.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Sep 2010 23:52

I dont understand the "deathtrap" talk either.

The only place that traps people is at the Yeti...? Everything else is just leave the room to escape, I cant think of anything that even hunts you?

Besides, doesnt the sign for the ship to Ice Wall give some type of warning, or if I am completely wrong here?

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Sep 2010 23:55

The dragons there do hunt smaller people. At least they used to. But I think you have to be in combat with them (similar to ashburz) for a decent amount of time before they actually pursue.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 25 Sep 2010 08:40

I was at gate. Dragon hunts. You need to run back to the ship. If wimpoed from the track - you are dead, cause you spend you health to find way back on ther track. That was happened.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/