Imbuements Imminent?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Earth
Great Adventurer

Re: Imbuements Imminent?

Post by Earth » 06 Oct 2010 19:56

Also, I hope that multiple imbuements cost exponentially more. In Baldur's Gate 2, the first level imbument cost 1 runestone as a base, the second level cost 2, the third level cost 8, then 16 and 32. I would imagine in Genesis that perhaps the first one would cost 5, then second cost 25 or something, then the third one 125, etc.

Also, I would hope that the imbuments could not be used to augment already magical weapons, instead, perhaps you could start with a non-magical weapon of good quality first. This would not only increase demand for different weapons in the game (tempered spears), but also, this would also create demand for high quality smith forged armours above and beyond their use as "starter equipment".

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Oct 2010 20:03

Earth wrote:this would also create demand for high quality smith forged armours above and beyond their use as "starter equipment".
gorboth wrote:Remember, no mods on anything but npc-spawned items. Stores and crafted items = no mods.
on the other hand
gorboth wrote:you can craft imbuements onto any weapon you like, including things like sledgehammers
btw. most "usable" weapons in Genesis (those that are considered crap and hardly ever used) are more or less magical already ... inflation is the name of what happened

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Oct 2010 03:30

There might be some confusion here, but I'm not sure. The simple breakdown:

Mods *spawn* only on items found on npcs - not crafted or purchased items.
Mods can be *crafted* onto any item. The one exception is you cannot mod an already-modded item.

Hopefully this makes sense.
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Oct 2010 08:56

gorboth wrote:
Laurel wrote:Why? Imagine 2 imbued sledgehammers hitting your opponent. Let's say the imbuement on one often does 105% dmg and on second rarely does 150% dmg ...?
Remember, no mods on anything but npc-spawned items. Stores and crafted items = no mods. So ... like OgreToyBoy said ... Ogres have a bit of an issue there.
so my theory is possible there - buy 2 sledgehammers, imbue both with the imbuements you find on found items - go and be godly

btw. Straag, I hate you for being able to kill the orc captain ... :twisted:

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 07 Oct 2010 13:38

That orc captain aint easy, quite silly how long it takes to be honest.

Bertram
Beginner

Post by Bertram » 07 Oct 2010 13:58

What about those who prefer unarmed combat, namely AOD guild? No bonus here I guess? Is there any chance of armours imbuement?

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 07 Oct 2010 14:33

Bertram wrote:What about those who prefer unarmed combat, namely AOD guild? No bonus here I guess? Is there any chance of armours imbuement?
As Gorboth stated in the first post, imbuement affects both weapons and armours.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Oct 2010 16:24

Laurel wrote:so my theory is possible there - buy 2 sledgehammers, imbue both with the imbuements you find on found items - go and be godly

btw. Straag, I hate you for being able to kill the orc captain ... :twisted:
This will be possible, yes. But ... it will be controlled by the rarity and the expense of doing so.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 08 Oct 2010 01:11

It seems to me this change will make the grinding situation even worse...
Beside the boring grind you also have to loot and examine everything...every little item..
And also opens up for more Bots.

You might have solutions for this aswell?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Oct 2010 07:48

Chanele: I just assumed there will be some type of message when you kill the foe? But its a good point. Having to examine all the loot of every kill sounds.... incredibly boring... The Diablo game use that nice sound when something good drops, and they got different color if I dont remember wrong. Maybe we will have something similar?

About imbuements,
While I like the idea, I am too a bit worried it'll turn into a bot-mania, and I just dont see how it could revolutionize grinding and make it more fun? Sounds kinda the opposite to me...?

It sounds a bit similar to collecting skulls. Killing many small enemies will give you a greater chance of finding more imbuements. Just like killing many small foes gives you more SPH (skulls per hour).

Will that really make grinding more fun? I can just see people botting around in otherwise "forgotten" areas with tiny foes, gaining imbuements all day while surfing the web/watching TV etc.

It doesnt sound like something you do in team, it sounds very much alike to other lonely botting-type of tasks like skull-collecting, herbing and forging...

Wow, this turned out to be a more negative note than I had planned, I do like the idea. Really. But I am worried about how it will turn out though, and wanted to voice my concerns about it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/