Newbie Helpers are the BEST!

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Newbie Helpers are the BEST!

Post by gorboth » 22 Oct 2010 18:58

I recently got feedback from one of the rare true newbies to Genesis, and one of the things that this person stressed a great deal was how friendly and helpful the community has been. They claimed that without the help, encouragement, and mentoring they received both on and off the ntell line, they would have been totally lost. Instead, they are totally hooked!

What a great thing!

All of you who do this, you have my highest regard and thanks. This does more for the game than almost anything else might.
:)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor

Re: Newbie Helpers are the BEST!

Post by Draugor » 22 Oct 2010 19:56

Well ofc we help :P We want players dammit!

I am just going to ask if we are allowed to disturbute the quest document that has been around for ages? I use it I will admit that right away and I know atleast 90% of everyone above GA does :P

Titan

Post by Avatar » 24 Oct 2010 07:52

Draugor wrote:Well ofc we help :P We want players dammit!

I am just going to ask if we are allowed to disturbute the quest document that has been around for ages? I use it I will admit that right away and I know atleast 90% of everyone above GA does :P
Would that not just give newcomers the impression, that the game condones cheating?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 24 Oct 2010 11:52

But it does...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 24 Oct 2010 12:47

I cant understand people who are against quest documents..
New players today dont have 100+ people to team with or other newcomers to share their experience on the donut with.

The orbs are really good for old players to see what quests you missed and get some hints on them. But for newbies? Way to hard.

The ideal would be to have the quest documents, keep all the syntaxes and instead of walkthrough paths you would give hints on locations. But this takes alot of work so maybe its just better to have the whole document on the site for download.

Its mainly old quests in the document and its only the new one that makes some sense for new players. So why not let them have it?

Also about the detailed maps people complaining about...well shut up, just put them on the site for everyone to enjoy.

A true newbie wihtout questhelp and maps wont last long, that I can assure you.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 24 Oct 2010 16:28

Since I've tried to get a new guy to start playing I can only agree.
He sure don't like doing quests even with hints, its the quests that stop me from doing another character ;)
Documents or not, it's quite boring to do a quest you've done before.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 24 Oct 2010 17:05

Its a good way to learn the areas, even with quest solutions you will find your way around eventually. Not all quests are up to date so you have to do some thinking and trying.

And the maps is easily the most importent thing and should be available to all newbies.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 24 Oct 2010 18:56

Well, discussion turned to a point I like. The main problem with quests is that they are too important for new players. I once picked a greenhorne and helped him, in a few hours, to become wanderer (which is a nice size for a new player, since he can actually fight and kill some stuff like some kretans, orcs in Sparkle, etc). However, his brute went from touchy to extremely violent. A couple of weeks later, he was still wanderer, because of his brutality even killing bigger stuff didn't help him advance that much, and he was discouraged because it looked like he wouldn't be able to advance in the game without others around to carry him.

The thing is, quests are good for exploring the realms, but at a point they force you to start doing them or stop growing. There is nothing worse for a new player than having no feedback about your size.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 24 Oct 2010 19:39

Quests are to important, if you wish to reach any size that makes you able to tag long on fun stuff and join certain guilds you need to quest like hell. Personally I bloody HATE questing since its fuck all boring, there are a few quests that I actuallt find fun, but they are still tideous as hell. And as a newbie? With a TON of games out there that dont require insanely boring kinds of play to get some decent size its quite easy to see why people switch.

Imo remove quests as the sole most important thing for growing, make combat xp and general xp the stuff to grow by, or remake ther brute system completely so that you are not completely screwed should you reach very violent and beeing a complete questhater, its just not funny when you get there.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 24 Oct 2010 19:53

Not like you can't xp at all once you hit very violent or more.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/