I just don't get it..

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

I just don't get it..

Post by Greneth » 19 Nov 2010 10:25

Cherek wrote: I remember Cherek probably didnt even do half of the quests around and he was still easily able to compete with the other champions in the realms, and not overly brutal either.

Now when you say not overly brutal.. as in your brute was Brutal and under?

I had to bring this over here, perhaps I still don't understand the long hours of Hektor trying to explain the leveling/racial/whatever system to me and why he hates goblins so much or maybe its just my characters that are all screwed up for whatever reasons. But Greneth has done all but 51 quests (272 Quests Total out of 323), leaving him 12 points from Hero and close to Brutal. From what I remember with Remeko when he went from RH-Titan was about 2 brute levels each level.

Yet I cannot wrap my head around how Champions walk around with Brutal or less yet I know and have seen that I have done more quests then them or am damn close. Hell theres even a Legend who gave me his quest orb list to compare to which he had barely 20 quests on me at the time, those quests being minor ones from what I was told and my 5 huge quests that he didnt have and he was barely hitting very violent.

There has got to be someone who can explain this one to me. Speak slow and get your crayons out to draw pictures.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: I just don't get it..

Post by Cherek » 19 Nov 2010 11:08

And you say you ignore quests? :)

You have probably done more than most.

I think Cherek was about ext brutal or sl violent as hero if i remember correctly. I consider that "not overly brutal". Clearly we have different views on what is brutal or not.

I can safely say there exist no champion (today's champion) with brutal or less brute. Unless they are like really old characters who had a huge amount of quest XP or had that famous quest-xp-multiplier thing. But since we now how a quest XP cap there does not exist a "brutal" champion if there ever was one.

How do I know? Well I have done basically all doable quests in the orbs except some minor tours and I usually cant even see a difference between me or those who have done considerably less quests. When you start reaching violent levels a bunch of quests less or more wont make much of a difference in terms of brutality. Thats how I see it atleast.

I am pretty sure most champions are atleast "slightly violent". Atleast. Most probably more than that.

Greneth seems to be pretty non-brutal to me and have just as good chance to become a myth as most players. Maybe even better than many. It seems to me you do not lack the quest-XP, perpahs you simply lack the incredible amount of grinding dedication you need to become a legend or myth. (Or a good bot-script?:P)
Last edited by Cherek on 19 Nov 2010 11:17, edited 2 times in total.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Nov 2010 11:16

Eh.. most of them are old farts, could be it I spose. I didn't say I ignore them, just hate how I am forced to do them. Quite different ;-)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Nov 2010 11:21

Perhaps your friends had that odd quest multiplier then...? I dont know how apparant it was. Either way they should be more brutal now. Have you asked them after that quest-XP cap was introduced? If you friend actually was champion at brutal he should now have a quite increased brutality for sure. But being a legend at very violent sounds quite normal to me though.

Brutality isnt a straight "curve" by the way you know. It takes like two sparkle orc kills to go from pacifistic to meek while it takes ALOT of heavy killing to go from violent to very violent. Behing a hero at brutal is really good and you will most likely be a legend at very violent just like your friend if you keep grinding.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 19 Nov 2010 19:54

I have always been on the violent side. Reached veteran at violent or so, then quested a bit to keep me down to slightly violent, then grinded, then quested a bit, etc. I have heard some old dudes (Xar, Kithkanan, Mumon, Diri, etc) have a huge amount of quest experience (even heard Diri was brutal at champion, for example). There are others who joined when the quests gave more experience (I had friends who were at the lower end of brutal while titan, like Ydred).

I am very violent right now, and am missing like 60-80 quests, which I doubt I will ever do because I am already too old to waste an afternoon trying to guess the correct syntax to throw a duck to a whale from a bull's eye and the like.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 19 Nov 2010 19:55

Rhynox wrote: I am already too old to waste an afternoon trying to guess the correct syntax to throw a duck to a whale from a bull's eye and the like.

You and me both :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Nov 2010 20:07

Rhynox: Those you mentioned obviously should be quite violent after the cap. If any of them except Diri still remain.

Greneth: Well you see, you got more quests than Rhynox, so you can go myth too!

If Rhynox can be one of the biggest players in the game missing almost third of all quests then I suppose maybe questing is atleast somewhat optional even though lots of people claim it is forced on you... from the other thread one would think you couldnt grow past veteran without doing all quests.. :)

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 20 Nov 2010 06:55

What you're seeing is the difference between experience and stat averages. Mortal ranks are calculated based on stat averages, and brutality is calculated based on overall experience ratios. They are not always the same thing because Genesis has a natural stat cap mechanism. This mechanism is why it's impossible to grow forever, leading to a natural stat cap that people call for. The difference between this natural stat cap and the stat cap that people ask for is that this natural stat cap is pretty high compared to what most people are willing to put into the game to mindlessly grind.

Here's a tip for PvP - don't ever trust the mortal ranks to gauge whether you will be able to fight your opponent.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Nov 2010 10:26

Is it only me who just got more confused by Petros note? :)

You are saying that two people who just turned champions, with the exact same amount of quest XP, could have very different brutality?

I dont understand... do you mean it is depending on which focus and bonus they have on their stats... or?

So a human with even focus on all stats will most likely be champion with less "experience points" than someone who have been focusing it all on dex since the beginning? And thus be less brutal than the dex-hungry goblin? or?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 20 Nov 2010 11:42

Correct Cherek, focus on one or two stats and you will reach the sought after mortal level later than the dude who got even settings.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/