Saving racks?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Uther
Great Adventurer

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Uther » 27 Sep 2010 15:03

I think Laurel got a point here.
I have experienced the similar with drop rate and peoples behaviour regarding recycling before arma..
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 18 Jan 2011 02:24

Imo, these racks are just bad! Seems so many are depending on getting good items from the racks, they won't feel it's useful to play if the racks are empty.
I admit I use the racks too. Of course! I'm too lazy to nerf myself into not using it.
But I do miss the excitement of finding equipment on something I kill and thinking that "Maybe this item will be an improvement to my gear.". I know that nothing I kill will have anything near as good as what I can find in the armoury.

So I'd like to suggest something that nobody will like: Limit what you can take from a guild armoury to 1 piece of armour/weapon per person. RP-wise each armoury would then have a clerk who hands out the equipment and keeps track of who gets what. If you return the item, broken or otherwise, you may borrow another item. If you sell it or lose it, sucks to be you - you can't borrow anything new until next armageddon (or next day).
For people with higher status in the guild, the limit could be 2 items.

This way you can get help from your guild armoury, but you can't get fully equipped from it, so you will always have to do some work yourself.
If guild armoury is really poor/emptied, it would then matter less. Rack looters can still operate, but they won't be able to empty the whole armoury.
Kicking the racks to get nonglowing items would be possible only when armageddon is near, and there are probably other things that would need to be sorted out for this to work.
I don't expect it to ever be implemented, just want to stir a bit in the pot to see if anything interesting might pop out.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 18 Jan 2011 04:42

I believe you're going a bit overboard here with 1-2 item limit.
While I agree that powerful magical/enchanted items could (and perhaps even should) be limited to let's say 3/person. The more common equipment (aka non-uber) shouldn't be limited in any particular way. This way you could get 2 powerful weapons, a powerful body-armour and common everything else for example. That's usually enough gear to get you going.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Creed

Post by Creed » 18 Jan 2011 10:56

Booger wrote:Imo, these racks are just bad! Seems so many are depending on getting good items from the racks, they won't feel it's useful to play if the racks are empty.
I admit I use the racks too. Of course! I'm too lazy to nerf myself into not using it.
But I do miss the excitement of finding equipment on something I kill and thinking that "Maybe this item will be an improvement to my gear.". I know that nothing I kill will have anything near as good as what I can find in the armoury.

So I'd like to suggest something that nobody will like: Limit what you can take from a guild armoury to 1 piece of armour/weapon per person. RP-wise each armoury would then have a clerk who hands out the equipment and keeps track of who gets what. If you return the item, broken or otherwise, you may borrow another item. If you sell it or lose it, sucks to be you - you can't borrow anything new until next armageddon (or next day).
For people with higher status in the guild, the limit could be 2 items.

This way you can get help from your guild armoury, but you can't get fully equipped from it, so you will always have to do some work yourself.
If guild armoury is really poor/emptied, it would then matter less. Rack looters can still operate, but they won't be able to empty the whole armoury.
Kicking the racks to get nonglowing items would be possible only when armageddon is near, and there are probably other things that would need to be sorted out for this to work.
I don't expect it to ever be implemented, just want to stir a bit in the pot to see if anything interesting might pop out.
And why would anyone then use the racks?
I believe that if such was coded, people would just begin to drop their stuff on the floors again.
I usually get quite a bunch of EQ each armageddon, when I am fully active, and I would hate to see all that be thrown into some "storeroom" where I cannot use it, because of a 1 item rule.
If it was so, I wouldn't put things in the rack.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jan 2011 13:08

Yup, sorry Booger but all we would get is people dropping stuff on the floor of guilds, and if that is somehow controlled, people will start using personal droprooms around the world.

I think the current system is fine. Those who enjoy gathering equipment still do. Those who dont, doesnt have to. If you enjoy hunting for equipment, even if your racks are good, there is usually atleast some better stuff to find. Unless you're a member of Ilrahil's or Fade's guild perhaps.:)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 18 Jan 2011 19:17

Cherek wrote:Yup, sorry Booger but all we would get is people dropping stuff on the floor of guilds, and if that is somehow controlled, people will start using personal droprooms around the world.

I think the current system is fine. Those who enjoy gathering equipment still do. Those who dont, doesnt have to. If you enjoy hunting for equipment, even if your racks are good, there is usually atleast some better stuff to find. Unless you're a member of Ilrahil's or Fade's guild perhaps.:)
Why thank you for the compliment. *cheers*

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Jan 2011 02:29

Our guild is THE best. I gather equipment too ya know haha

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 Jan 2011 02:33

bromen wrote:Our guild is THE best. I gather equipment too ya know haha

Green steel longswords doesnt count :twisted:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 26 Jan 2011 11:28

8 Green longswords = 1 gigantic

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 26 Jan 2011 11:39

bromen wrote:8 Green longswords = 1 gigantic
And all you lack is 6 extra arms ;)
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.