layman choices - good vs evil (partly rant)

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Sharn
Expert

Re: layman choices - good vs evil (partly rant)

Post by Sharn » 03 Feb 2011 14:30

I doubt thieves will have any major recode.
1. No active members
2. no whine power
3. no recode

And there are no members...because thieves need recode :mrgreen:

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 03 Feb 2011 14:59

Looks like everyone is a powerplayer this days :(
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 03 Feb 2011 15:07

Rhaegar wrote:Looks like everyone is a powerplayer this days :(
Its quite simple and I wouldnt blame people.
People play the game to be mighty warriors, brave knights, mad sorcerers, ..., hot women :mrgreen:
Nobody wants to be a loser.
If most people find something is not useful for them, they wont use it.

That is why we have the whole balancing I guess.
So that whether you want to be mighty warrior, brave knight, mad sorcerer, ..., cunning thief, you can be either of those and still feel happy and useful.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Feb 2011 21:45

One of my back-burner priorities is to code a truly exceptional occupational thief guild. I believe Genesis *does* need thieves, and they need to scare the hell out of people.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 04 Feb 2011 21:55

gorboth wrote:One of my back-burner priorities is to code a truly exceptional occupational thief guild. I believe Genesis *does* need thieves, and they need to scare the hell out of people.

G.
Thug lyfe yo!

I've got some ideas on tasks involving "shakedown", "bootlegging" and extortion which I originally planned to send you or Navarre (wanted it to be in Flotsam) as an idea for a crime organization style club, where you would need to perform certain jobs to advance in ranks from a common thug to a crime lord.
Put it on hold some time ago as more interesting things appeared before my eyes :P

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Feb 2011 05:10

gorboth wrote:One of my back-burner priorities is to code a truly exceptional occupational thief guild. I believe Genesis *does* need thieves, and they need to scare the hell out of people.

G.

I dont think you are completely wrong.
But what genesis needs more is a classical D&D mage guild.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Feb 2011 09:48

I think Gen requires a set of priorities, focus and push forward (bullshitbingo!)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 05 Feb 2011 12:42

Laurel wrote:I think Gen requires a set of priorities, focus and push forward (bullshitbingo!)
Yeah. And another set of fun facts before Gorboth will give us an occ thief guild:

1. There are currently 5 stealth guilds in Genesis (counting only the auto-sneak capable guilds).
2. Of those 5 only 1 shows any signs of activity.
3. This signs of activity are 4 maybe 5 people who show up from time to time.
4. When 2 or more of those 4-5 people are on at the same time there's an awkward atmosphere as they've already forgotten what
to do in a situation when they're not alone out there.

Go stealth guilds!

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 06 Feb 2011 14:02

Tbh the Templars attack aint "good" its actually shait :P The defence is decent for avoiding a blow or two, but the attack does the same as pbash, wich is squat :P

And Necros... I will not lie runeshield is fucking awsome :P But if you dont have MASSIVE mana yer screwed since the lightning bolts cost at ton and the skeleton costs another ton for every lightning he throws, herbalism is damn nice tho. So to sum it up... short heavy nukes that can do anything from squat damage to sick shit damage, a really nice def spell and herbalism thats ever used. Okay, the skull messenger is quite nifty but spammy as hell.

And AA... aye insane for a layman, no doubt about it, it really sucks tho that the OCC part is so utterly worthless in comparison.

Thieves... I love that guild but they are utterly worthless, backstab has no damage whatsoever, poisons today are weak so weak in fact that it aint worth the daggers weight. Let thieves make theire own poisons with various effects based on alch skill and guildstat? Give them some basic herbalism skkill of like... con journey and force them to farm herbs to fix poisons. Its a damn nice guild but its been horribly neglected :<

Bring us the red fang wargriders! Get us a draconian laymanguild :o Unleash the knights of Takhisis on the weaklings of Krynn! Close the DAs an d give us Knights of Takhisis :o Weeeeho

Oh, and militia if yer highly skilled with polearms are more than comparable to the AA, the damage is quite insane, they dont have a probler defence to use at the same time tho

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 06 Feb 2011 14:23

G.

Should you do this I will return and play atleast 5 hours a day and I will at the same time worhip you for atleast 15 minutes each day, I will start saying prayers to gorboth before going to sleep :P I swear! "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray Gorboth my thieves to code"

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/