Team Spoils Dividing

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Team Spoils Dividing

Post by Alexi » 07 Feb 2011 16:35

Just had a thought on the way to work today.

It would be nice to be able to use a command "team divide gems" or "team divide coins", so when you are done teaming and perhaps have had one person collecting the gems and coins you'd be able to split whatever coins and gems you gained and have in your inventory @ that time between whatever variable of team mates you have in the team at that time.

I'm assuming there's something that already knows the amount of team members for team-combat xp, perhaps this would be another good idea?

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Team Spoils Dividing

Post by Alorrana » 07 Feb 2011 17:08

Good ide, but no real clue how to make it.. hehe. I usually just dont loot when im teaming with smaller ones. And with bigger ones I just have a trigger to only loot on my kills. I have the skills maxed and no real use for coins. hehe been around 12 years, dont even have 1000 plats on my account :D
But good idea. :)

Or donate your spare coins To Angmar Foundation for Homless Nazguls.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 07 Feb 2011 17:11

Thanks,

I was thinking this being more of a global command ingame vs something someone cooks up in CMUD or another Emulator.

I can't see the configuration of it being to hard.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 07 Feb 2011 17:16

Ahh as an Ad-on to the team commands perhaps. Like an option to turn on and off. I agree it could be of great use. Sorta function like a team pack for the loot, team purse what ever you call it. And then in team if leader switches it on it would auto loot before eventually triggers managed to set in ?

Like you killed the troll, and In a fast move you emty the bodies for the belongings?

Sorta thing, just to know if we are on same page ?

Creed

Post by Creed » 07 Feb 2011 17:26

I don't really think this is worth investing time in.

I personally only team with people I trust, and I imagine that goes for quite a lot of the people around the donut. And as such, I just ask the team if they can share some of the loot off their kills, if I happen to play a character that still needs to train skills, or otherwise don't have any money.

Creed has more than he needs, and it is not him I am thinking about.
This seems like a fair enough deal, if you play one of the MMORPG's, where it is almost standard practice to share the loot of every kill, on all the team members. But in genesis money is not really that big an issue, I think.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 07 Feb 2011 17:33

So Alexi invites Alorrana and Cherek out to team.

We go hit Mithas, gain some Gems, go to Qualinosti kill some elves and get some gold. Then We destroy Kabal, and everyone loots as much as they can carry and sells it in the shop until everyone is full

Alorrana is stronger then everyone so he carries more loot
Cherek is the team leader, and is the only one running a "get gems" or "get gold coins".

End of the day all three guys are beat and ready to retire. They hit a bank and Cherek hits the bank and performs "team divide spoils" and the magic of the Donut divides out 1/3 of the gems to each player (random gems, numerical value counts), and the coins are magically minimized from all players and magically handed out equally to all three players.

This would be great for when teaming with newer players unable to carry the amounts that mighty warriors can, and also most people don't team with hardened criminals who they dont' trust.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 07 Feb 2011 17:34

Creed wrote:I personally only team with people I trust
Why we see U solo all the time old man ;) hehe *poke*

I trust me, myself and I !!! :D

Alexi, Okies I dig ya. :)

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 07 Feb 2011 17:39

Guess you could take it a step further and make it "team divide gems" or "team divid coins". Lets face it, with "died." vs "You killed" triggers for looting nothing is stopping a team-mate from hogging all the loot anyways, you wouldn't team with this person if you didn't agree or care about them taking everything.

This just makes it more user friendly for the whole team. Hell toss in a "team loot" command and a "team sell loot" command, which might have ill-effects as someone selling a MBP that was unkept. So maybe that's not the best way to travel:)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Feb 2011 18:37

Try mailing this as an idea to Mercade. He might be willing to implement it as part of the <team> command. From what I understand, you are just asking to have the <team> command divide a given item evenly among the existing members of the team, correct? So if you had 100 platinum coins and 3 team members, each person on the team (including you) would end up with 25 platinum coins as a result of the command. Correct?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alexi
Veteran

Re: Team Spoils Dividing- Gorboth

Post by Alexi » 07 Feb 2011 18:49

Yep, you're correct on your interpretation Gorboth.

Perhaps even the GoG could take a cut for it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/