Cleansing Herbs

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Johnny
Veteran

Cleansing Herbs

Post by Johnny » 12 Feb 2011 11:54

After dabbling around with some cleansing herbs, it seems that they are perfectly useless. I suggest, after the recodes and what not that cleansing herbs should be a bit more effective.

For instance, in the herb description Fungari is said to cure even the vilest of poisons yet it hasn't cured me of any poisons yet. It is just better to go with all the poison protection, eat healing herbs, and drink all the booze you can get yours hands on. Or stow a ranger in your back pocket.

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Cleansing Herbs

Post by Alorrana » 12 Feb 2011 12:30

I say perhaps Keep them as they are, and then make it a common skill to perhaps make small potions.. if you get enough herbs, and a mortar, then be able to grind em and make em ready to small potions, poison blades, healing, mana. Just make it take a little bit of time, so it dosnt get misused.. or abused.. Then those who liked it, could prepare some potions, and bring em. and those who didnt want em, could just leave em.

But I agree. there are many worthless herbs out there, After the munch was nerfed, you have no real use for most of the low levels healing/stamina/mana herbs.. they are simply too uselsee.
At Legend size with Supreme con, a piece of white bark can heal you.... nothing.. it would take ten to heal just a level.. and with the you cant eat all the herbs you want, its useless. But aye either recode the herbs, or make them more useable for the general public.

If a player could make hes/her own potions, there is still the Auction house where they could sell em and earn some coins doing so.. But agree, recode, or recode..It has to be done. would make Gardners worth again, and will make for a funny invirroment.

Cheers.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 12 Feb 2011 13:22

@ Alorrana: There's a herb that can heal you 1-2 levels each even if you're pretty big (legend and such) but 90% of the population is not able to use it (otherwise we would see a lot of people joining the heralds).

@ Johnny: How many different poisons have you tried fungari on? Some herbs are very specific as to what kind of poison they can cure, like jewelweed cures poison ivy, savory cures bee poison, grey willow cures mana poison, seaside grass cures fatigue poison, foxglove cures hemlock poisoning etc. etc.
If you're desperate enough, perhaps let Mauhur throw some stuff at you and then try using the fungari? Vile poisons seem like MM stuff to me. Unless fungari is a Kalad/Raumdor herb, then it probably cures some Khiraa stuff.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 12 Feb 2011 16:33

Rhaegar wrote:@ Alorrana: There's a herb that can heal you 1-2 levels each even if you're pretty big (legend and such) but 90% of the population is not able to use it (otherwise we would see a lot of people joining the heralds).
Still leaves alot of usless ones.. I was thinking of gaining some use of those..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 12 Feb 2011 22:10

Well, not every herb has to be useful. I find joy in finding them anyway :)

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 12 Feb 2011 23:26

Well there is a lot of herbs that are useless to most people but are necessary for other people. But cleansing herbs for poisons by weapons and what not I think should be upgraded a bit because of the munching nerf. If a known antidote for a poison only works 4 out of 10 times, then it isn't very effective at least increase the probability of cleansing the poison.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 14 Feb 2011 22:50

I believe that cleansing a poison should be very difficult to do, either taking quite a bit of money in a specific healer npc's location or relying on a player with the given spell or ability.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 14 Feb 2011 23:00

I agree with Gorboth. A hero/titan full of booze can withstand pretty much any poison.

I don't like how powerful MM's black breath is or that its stackable but I think the only guild that should be able to cleanse that poison is the rangers, and even thematically they should not be able to as Aragorn was not able to cure the morgul poison. Only Elrond had that kind of healing skill. Poison's should be dangerous and rare, and many of which not curable. Lessened in potency yes, but completely null no.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 14 Feb 2011 23:51

I would like the idea of a healer that would cost a lot of money or depending how severe the poison is determines the cost. And even possibly having to gather herbs for the healer too along with the cost. Surely does not need to be addressed at all but if everything was done being coded/recoded a new poison system be implemented to add a little toxicity to the game.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 15 Feb 2011 00:22

Ilrahil wrote:I think the only guild that should be able to cleanse that poison is the rangers
I know I'm shooting myself in the knee here but I think that Ranger's abilities in this matter should be limited to reducing the effectivenes of the poison rather than cleansing it entirely. It's the Heralds who should get a proper cleanse in my opinion.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/