Making domains relevant

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Re: Making domains relevant

Post by Alexi » 14 Feb 2011 23:52

My original attempt was not to start a "pissing in the wind" contest.

It was to say perhaps by making all realms viable for team-killing we'd see more use of the areas, domains, and perhaps be able to offer more of a rounded look at what was created, and what makes Genesis great, vs funneling people who reached X size into a select area, and then making them compete for experience with other teams. If you spent 6 hours on the game, and only got to clear the Terel Trolls 1/3 of the way, the Mithas Trolls 1/3 of the way, and say all of another area because there's 3-4 other teams roaming around killing the same areas, this too will cause people to lose interest in the game, if this is what they enjoy doing.

If you give them "Genesis" to roam, people will be happy they aren't pigeon-holed into 8 areas to make decent XP, and perhaps you can find new ways to ensure there isn't a huge boom in growth.

Creed

Post by Creed » 15 Feb 2011 01:19

I agree with you.
More areas should absolutely be used better than they are now.

I did not mean to take the thread away from its course, but you all know how it is.. once you get started on something, it can be hard to stop.

But, for now I think that more killing grounds should only be opened, if they are for players up to perhaps titan or at max champion size.
If it some day happens that we actually get a big influx of new players, then when a bunch of these players grow big, we can begin talking about making more champion+ grinding zones.
But right now, I think it will only lead to less interaction and even huger players.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 15 Feb 2011 02:17

So how about re-doing some of the existing areas , Ribos, Terel goblins, Troll shaws, Ents etc, so they scale up to say champ size?

That way smaller players could have an easier time killing and gaining experience.

I think scaling npcs is the best way to go, it caters to "everyone" more or less, just need
to put some limitations in(and perhaps factor in teams etc).

I think it was a bad move to completly gut the areas with scaling npcs, as they are now, nobody bothers to visit any of the areas due to the fact that the npcs hurt too much/heal too much to be worth killing for anyone.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Feb 2011 03:03

Creed wrote: But, for now I think that more killing grounds should only be opened, if they are for players up to perhaps titan or at max champion size.
If it some day happens that we actually get a big influx of new players, then when a bunch of these players grow big, we can begin talking about making more champion+ grinding zones.
But right now, I think it will only lead to less interaction and even huger players.
I completely agree.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/