Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Imbuements

Post by gorboth » 19 Feb 2011 05:02

So ... surely some of you have found "unusual", "peculiar", or "exotic" items by now.

Let's hear it! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Imbuements

Post by Alorrana » 19 Feb 2011 05:18

the one i found is really cool, and the identify is great too. Im not sure ill be crafting that much, rather than identifying hehe.

great work.

Now you just need to make it so minoes can ride, and i can getting started looting.. propperly hehe. saddlebags and horses rock.. again Wargs for Angmar.. ;) hehe *poke*hyptonize*poke more*
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 19 Feb 2011 05:53

I've found 5 unusual. Where are my exotics?!!
*wink gorboth*

Great work, alot of fun.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 19 Feb 2011 06:04

Bah... Ill need to take up looting as a hobby again...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Feb 2011 10:02

First one was a Peculiar with very nice enchants ;-)

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 19 Feb 2011 11:55

I skimmed the suggestion topic and for you guys who seemed to have very negative feelings about the quest/storyline. I really am not a fan of many of these ol'-time quests, but those leading to the imbuement system are neat. They can be completed within an hour and give you a nice storyline. No clueless wandering around and then swearing out loudly after you passed that stone you were supposed to lift 10 times. Perhaps these were even a bit too easy, still I had much fun and almost felt sorry that's the end... or perhaps it isn't? Nothing so complex as torque quest etc.

In fact, I was so used to the Geneis type of quests, that when I found out I will be needing an 'icemoss' followed by a terryfing syntax 'rare ingredient', I was like 'great I'm screwed'. So there I launched standard 'Quest Procedure', starting with making my zmud colour any 'icemoss' in the text, beep, shout and do lots of other weird stuff. And suddenly a brilliant idea struck me... So yeah it was really nice. In fact- since I was visitting my parents and had my sister chattering by my ear in what seemed to be an endless litany of the usual 'sister-bothering' stuff, I had her insteadr read out loud the Priest Log. And even though she was always like 'what the weirdo brother of mine is doing, watching this scrolling green text. It really freaks me out' she got into the story and found 'this program that she wants too an interesting way of polishing her english'. So all in all, not that bad I suppose.

Therefore my review is by all means positive. That is until someone tells me, I was supposed to examine bazillion of items, that divided my qexp by infinity. So if you were so kind... please don't! ;)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 19 Feb 2011 16:11

Only downside i see is the Indetifying part.

If you buy an item on AH. an Unusual items, 100 plats and you have no clue what it dos, then get an ID on it. 100 plats more.. then to figure out its a fire protection or something similar.. it will quickly get expensive-

Personal oppinion is when item is Identifyed, its named to the wearer/wielder and if it goes on AH people should be able to see what they get. and not having to Id the piece over and over again..

Because sure ill ID the things I find, But i dont ever think I can regain that cash by selling the Item on AH. because again they dont know what they are buying, could be crap they never get to use, or again a decent item. But for the ones buying, it would be easier to find his or her own items..

Ill keep my eyes on the AH to see how well stuff sells, but i have a dire feeling that when items remain hidden even after getting ID´ed, they will not be bought or used by others.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Feb 2011 16:26

Targun wrote: In fact, I was so used to the Geneis type of quests, that when I found out I will be needing an 'icemoss' followed by a terryfing syntax 'rare ingredient', I was like 'great I'm screwed'. So there I launched standard 'Quest Procedure', starting with making my zmud colour any 'icemoss' in the text, beep, shout and do lots of other weird stuff. And suddenly a brilliant idea struck me...
*laugh*

I wish I had read this post before I did exactly the same myself, luckily I was also struck with the brilliant idea before too long...:)

But I think its a great quest that introduces you to questing in a very nice way. Sure you could say it was "almost too easy" but considering its part of the newbie area I dont think so at all. The only two negative comments (which are minor) is that 47 entries is alot of text to read. Now I did get into the story and its a really nice story, but maybe alot to read if you are unused to text games. On the other hand, maybe it's why you tried a text game in the first place, to find a good story. And it is! I especially liked the logical explaination to why everything is so small in the newbie area. Genious! The other negative comment is that it feels like it ends in the middle of the story? But maybe more is coming...?

Imbuements seem cool so far. I have found a few unusuals with pretty neat imbuements. Havent tried the crafting thing.

My first comment though is... 1000p for a random imbuement? I dont know if anyone have tried it, and how good they are. But for the majority of people 1000p is still ALOT of money I think? But perhaps the imbuements are so great its worth it? But considering the time it would take to gather 1000p I have a feeling you'll stumble on way more imbuements while collecting the 1000p...? But perhaps the super-rich will use it...? and maybe that is the point? On the other hand the super rich are those who like killing small stuff for loot, so they will most likely found tons of imbuements while looting anyway...

I think it risks to become a very unused ability? Maybe? On the other hand, making it much cheaper would take the fun out of walking around hoping to find a random imbuement too, and crafting. So maybe it's good.

Hmmmm.... I seem just to have changed my mind about my negative coments during writing this post...

Guess I dont have much complaints after all...:P

So to sum up this post. Good work! I got nothing! (except the end of the story which I still think felt abrupt).
Last edited by Cherek on 19 Feb 2011 16:37, edited 3 times in total.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Feb 2011 16:32

Alorrana:

You can see what type of imbuement it is in the AH. Just do aulist xxxx (number).

As long as you know what an "Ivory formation" means. Which you will after you have identified one such item in the past. Like the enchanter says, such information iss too important to just write out and every wannabe enchanter has to figure out what type of imbuement means what enchantment.

I think its a good solution. It can be fun to investigate things.

Or you just wait until everyone else has and then ask for their list... or buy it... if you dont like exploring / investigating.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 19 Feb 2011 16:54

Over all good yep no doubt, this was just my personal oppinion, because im not ever going to buy an item, then go to get it ID´ed and then find out i actually cant use the item.. but yeah I have noticed that there is a little ekstra description placed upon it.

but yes agreed all in all a good seloution.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/