Imbuement Suggestion

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Imbuement Suggestion

Post by Alexi » 21 Feb 2011 17:45

So while chatting with a fellow Genesis player I came to the conculsion that perhaps another feature with Imbuements could be added (I did suggest this in game also).

Like the Gardeners perhaps a ingame journal could help record each "identified" imbuement so one wouldn't need to keep an out of game database. Such as I pay 100 plats to learn this "X" imbuement offers haste. That is recorded into my Journal (Could be a quest to obtain it) and the next time a haste imbuement drops I "recongize" with some fancy ingame coding.

Also, this might just be me, but I think after completing the quests for the Enchanter the cost of identification should perhaps go down by half?

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Imbuement Suggestion

Post by gorboth » 21 Feb 2011 18:19

Thank for the suggestion, Alexi, but I don't agree with either of these proposals.

The lore of the Enchantments is deep, and much like other lore in the game will require you to take note however is your custom. There won't be code introduced to do that for you.

One of the major purposes of the enchantment system is to provide a money-sink. That being said, there are certainly other methods in the game to identify magic in an item. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 21 Feb 2011 18:37

gorboth wrote:Thank for the suggestion, Alexi, but I don't agree with either of these proposals.

The lore of the Enchantments is deep, and much like other lore in the game will require you to take note however is your custom. There won't be code introduced to do that for you.

One of the major purposes of the enchantment system is to provide a money-sink. That being said, there are certainly other methods in the game to identify magic in an item. ;-)

G.
Good thing about suggestions is not everyone will agree with it, but its put out there for discussion.

I understand the reason for a money-sink in Genesis. What I don't really care for (my opinion of course) is seeing things put up on auction and no way of really knowning what they are, and having to pay outrageous platinum prices for the auction itself, turn around and pay 100 platinum to get it identified to find out you've purchased a "earth spell increase" sword. While I agree platinum coins aren't the hardest thing to get, I think perhaps people over-estimated the reserve coins of everyone in the realms.

Thanks for addressing it none-the-less.
Last edited by Alexi on 21 Feb 2011 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Feb 2011 19:20

You are able to get a full description of anything up for auction. For someone versed in the lore, this should be enough. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 21 Feb 2011 19:31

gorboth wrote:You are able to get a full description of anything up for auction. For someone versed in the lore, this should be enough. ;-)

G.
Ya that was pointed out to me yesterday (Thanks Greneth). Thanks also Gorb for listening.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Feb 2011 19:49

You bet! Also, I don't mean to shoot down a good suggestion. In this case, I just wanted to clarify that the things you suggested were taken into consideration at the outset of the build, and the decision was made to go with the way we did things. If it does turn out that our decisions create too much hardship or problems, it is certainly possible to make changes.

I want to give the design we decided on a chance to thrive on its own before we reassess, though. It's still a very young new reality. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/