Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Imbuements

Post by Amberlee » 23 Feb 2011 02:51

I have my doubts about the imbuement system.
I really dont much care for it i have discovered.
Sure a money sink is fine and all.. But the ridiculous cost vs the efficiency doesnt quite make it very appealing..
Only items worth slapping enchants on are actually saving non-breaking stuff... And that is if you find something worth imbuing said items with..

But we will see how it progresses
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Feb 2011 10:35

After grinding for 4+ hours today I have come to the conclusion that imbued items do not exists among centaurs, gont tower guards, lizardmen, bullywugs, and the guards of kalaman.

booooring!

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 23 Feb 2011 12:00

bromen wrote:After grinding for 4+ hours today I have come to the conclusion that imbued items do not exists among centaurs, gont tower guards, lizardmen, bullywugs, and the guards of kalaman.

booooring!
I got peculiar plain ribbed platemail on lizardman ;)

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 23 Feb 2011 12:35

sharn wrote:
bromen wrote:After grinding for 4+ hours today I have come to the conclusion that imbued items do not exists among centaurs, gont tower guards, lizardmen, bullywugs, and the guards of kalaman.

booooring!
I got peculiar plain ribbed platemail on lizardman ;)
Yeah actually my exotic came from the Gont Tower Guards, and most of my others come from everything you just listed.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 23 Feb 2011 13:15

Greneth wrote:Just like the gambling on diablo 2 ;)

Just makes it that much better when you got an amazing piece of equipment after going through the 15 items of crap.
It is not.
After gambling in D2, item will stay with you forever. Here maximum some reboots.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 23 Feb 2011 13:29

zar wrote:
Greneth wrote:Just like the gambling on diablo 2 ;)

Just makes it that much better when you got an amazing piece of equipment after going through the 15 items of crap.
It is not.
After gambling in D2, item will stay with you forever. Here maximum some reboots.
No shit? Where the hell have I been this past decade..

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 23 Feb 2011 14:07

hehe bromen, found my first one at the Centaurs, Second one in troll shaws.. they are there, you just have to look.. ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 23 Feb 2011 18:36

amberlee wrote:I have my doubts about the imbuement system.
I really dont much care for it i have discovered.
Sure a money sink is fine and all.. But the ridiculous cost vs the efficiency doesnt quite make it very appealing..
Only items worth slapping enchants on are actually saving non-breaking stuff... And that is if you find something worth imbuing said items with..

But we will see how it progresses
Amberlee, I'm kind on the same fence with you for this. Yes its a great system for people who have the time to make the ridiculous amount of money to partake in the "luxury" that is the imbuement system. (Don't get me wrong Gorb, you guys did a bang up job) but for the random grinder who will possible break a good piece of equipment in a day, spending 1000 plats on a usuable enchant won't be worth it (unless it makes it unbreakable). Even then, 1000 plats for X amount a days seems steep when the value of looting certain areas is more time consuming then worth it. (personal opinion there).

Now if you happen to find exotics and don't mind paying 100platinum coins (Which I think is to high for indentification, even if you do figure out how to identify without paying, 100 plats needs to be addressed to something more reasonable like 25p) unless it makes the item last for the whole armageddon, once it breaks, your out 1000plats even if it gave great damage.

Weapons granted maybe different as certain weapons don't break, but unfortunately for me, I don't use weapons and as far as I know it all the armours worth a damn break.

But all in all I think its a great addition to genesis for adding another "angle" but unfortunately in its current state and the limited knowledge I have on the whole process as I haven't seen it from start to finish I can only speculate its "to much doe for that hoe".

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Feb 2011 19:10

As amberlee stated my idea already (Thief!) I won't be putting 1000 plat random imbuement on anything unless its a saving unbreakable or extremely durable item.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 23 Feb 2011 19:17

So only the idiotic ogre dared to test the random enchantments.. Boo on you all .. I know you are all rich.
I for one totally enjoy my special hammer, I am special.. Yes! In that way.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/