Oh, come on- this is not funny...

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Oh, come on- this is not funny...

Post by Amberlee » 21 Feb 2011 02:40

You could actually do that a few good years back :p
General EXP actually lowered your brute then.
Something the rangers and i think some MM too got hurt badly by when they changed it back xD
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Feb 2011 02:57

Oh, I thought general XP was "neutral", so it didnt lower nor raise your brute.

So whats the difference between general and combat then? Seems like the same thing to me. Just the name? We should just have General Experience and Quest Experience then, its confusing as it is. :)

And why do you get more brutal from herbing? Slashing the plants? Stomping the ground? :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 21 Feb 2011 03:17

Cherek wrote:Oh, I thought general XP was "neutral", so it didnt lower nor raise your brute.

So whats the difference between general and combat then? Seems like the same thing to me. Just the name? We should just have General Experience and Quest Experience then, its confusing as it is. :)

And why do you get more brutal from herbing? Slashing the plants? Stomping the ground? :)
Distinction between combat and general exp has been removed years ago (to the demise of herb-heavy guilds, thieves and all those people who went herbing from time to time instead of questing - shoutout to Esste! -) and was turned into exactly what you describe: General and Quest Experience (which skyrocketed aforementioned Esste 3-4 levels of brute when the change occured).

And on herbing increasing your brute:

I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 01 Mar 2011 03:26

Yeah...I remember years back when that change was first made. There was a contest to figure out how to handle brute. There was even a contest to try and figure out how to describe someone's brute with general experience figured in. Before I could put my entries in, the admin just decided it was easier to lump the two things together.

I have always thought that general experience should be brute neutral. It's kind of silly that thieving, forging, and herbing should make you more 'violent' over time. Instead, I've always imagined a separate descriptor for general experience that has a flavor of "how much you know of the world besides fighting". Here are some desriptors in no particular order:

polished, cultured, civilized, cosmopolitan

with some opposites

ignorant, naive, simple

The trick would be to use something that IS NOT already used by INT or WIS.

You are somewhat cosmopolitan and very violent.
Last edited by Earth on 02 Mar 2011 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 01 Mar 2011 07:00

That would be way better Earth. How would quest experience effect the general experience?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 01 Mar 2011 09:26

I believe that gexp shouldn't be affected by brute and tax, just like qexp. Making it possible to actually grow on herbing when you're bigger than wanderer.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 01 Mar 2011 11:56

Well at extremely pacifistic to the meek levels I can get Nice progress on herbing all of Middle-Earth except for Rivendell. Sure it takes four hours but this is at Rising Hero! General XP would have to be placed under a brute scale somehow. Or else I can grow a myth character in possibly less than a year script herbing and making extremely good money if you know which herbalists to sell too.

Personally I like Earth's idea and perhaps like quest experience lowers brute perhaps doing tasks for herbalists and smiths lowers your general experience brute and like quest experience it is capped.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 02 Mar 2011 00:32

Ilrahil wrote:You cannot herb yourself to myth at extremely pacifistic as herbalism is general experience, and will count against your brute.
Which is so WRONG.
You can get violent by gathering herbs - this is opposite of being violent

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 02 Mar 2011 01:10

Johnny wrote:Well at extremely pacifistic to the meek levels I can get Nice progress on herbing all of Middle-Earth except for Rivendell. Sure it takes four hours but this is at Rising Hero! General XP would have to be placed under a brute scale somehow. Or else I can grow a myth character in possibly less than a year script herbing and making extremely good money if you know which herbalists to sell too.

Personally I like Earth's idea and perhaps like quest experience lowers brute perhaps doing tasks for herbalists and smiths lowers your general experience brute and like quest experience it is capped.
Nice progress in 4 hours at RH doesn't make you M in less than a year...
But it could be an alternative for people who don't want to just go out and kill, kill kill.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Jan 2012 18:19

Ilrahil wrote:I logged out on legend, and logged back in and was a myth.
just happened to Laurel today ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/