Guild Updates

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Guild Updates

Post by Laurel » 14 Nov 2011 09:01

editing all my posts - I'm done
Last edited by Laurel on 16 Nov 2011 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Nov 2011 10:26

I believe that the recent resurgence of Rangers might have something to do with people getting tired of the "Growth Race" and move towards options which give you something more than just insane combat aid. The return of Zingil and more active council overall might have something to do with it too.

But that's pure speculation on my part.

And back on topic: Is the re-code of magic guilds really the priority now? You have dead PoT, soon-to-be-closed (been that for some time now) SCoP and considered-op-by-some MM. I haven't really seen all that many NoVD, WotE or HotV members lately either...

Focus should be given to the most active/most outdated guilds. This should be the 2 key factors right now. Dead or fairly unpopulated guilds shouldn't be very high on the list.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 14 Nov 2011 11:39

[quote="Rhaegar"]
And back on topic: Is the re-code of magic guilds really the priority now? You have dead PoT, /quote]

Rubbish.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Nov 2011 11:57

They're active again?
Did the leadership change?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Nov 2011 15:36

Laurel: I have no idea how I angered you this time, and nor did I mean to. You made a smartass and rude comment about wizards coding only for their seconds and friends. If you want to have a serious discussion thats not really a good way to start I think. I could not help myself from commenting on it. For the most part I try not to discuss anything on the forums anymore simply because I dont want to get drawn into unproductive and meaningless discussions like this. Sadly I failed to restrain myself this time.

I thought it was interesting to discuss why rangers are one of the most active guilds now even when they arent re-coded. It does NOT mean I dont think they should be recoded. Of course all guilds should be balanced and strong in their areas. Many guilds arent now which isnt good. Who does not agree on that? I thought that was obvious...

In a perfect world all guilds would have been re-coded and opened simultaneously.

I dont have anything to do with the recodes, I was not a wizard when they began, I am not inolved now, I dont know anything more than what Gorboth has posted on the common boards which is the same as you know.

The plan for the recodes is mentioned on the common board, I assume that is the plan still.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Nov 2011 17:59

editing all my posts - I'm done
Last edited by Laurel on 16 Nov 2011 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 14 Nov 2011 18:44

Your whining is just pathetic Laurel, Rangers are not half as bad as you describe them to be.
Wizards are working on a global magic system which seems to take more time then anticipated. Rangers fall under this category obviously..

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Nov 2011 19:07

Well Laurel.
You need to learn the difference between being blunt and direct, and just being an asshat.

Now let me write down some guildlines for your next post.
When you come with an accusation, you better damn well come with plausible evidence aswell.
Putting shit out there without having some way to back it up is not just lame, it just makes you look like a bumbleing idiot.
Me personally, i am blunt and direct too.. Even borderline rude at times.
But you? You take the grand prize at times..
You go somewhere way past rude and end up down in Wonderland.. You know the imaginary land where everything _you_ say is law.
Sorry but this is reality so wake up and smell the maple nut crunch...

Sorry dude, but if you want to make points, the first rule is.
People have to atleast have some respect for you to even be receptive to your opinions.
The less sympathetic you appear, the more they will pay attention to the flaws in your arguments.. And really.. You dont appear much sympathetic at all.
Stick to facts, NOT fiction.
If you cant prove something, atleast beyond a reasonable doubt, then it didnt happen..(Even if it actually did)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Nov 2011 19:56

Laurel: I am sorry you see things that way. But you really jump to extreme conclusions. I can think of many explanations why some guilds are recoded and some arent. You mentioned motivation yourself. Thats probably one. Time is another. Then its the whole concept of the code too. Perhaps the ranger code is extremely messy and hard to figure out how it works? Like Chanele said I would guess its most likely easier to fix a fighter only guild than a magic one or magic/fighter. If I remember correctly the plan from the beginning was to do fighter first, then magic. I dont really see that changed? Do you? Most fighter guilds are recoded. Arent they? About SS, well which would you start with? The guilds with a high playerbase, and a high possible playerbase, or the one that has a very low playerbase and is restricted to one race only?

However, it obviously took longer than it was planned, and as the playerbase dwindled Gorboth and the admin eventually changed their mind, and decided working on newbie things and promotion is more important. Thats the reasons he posted on the subject and I dont see why you dont believe that?

Is that not a more plausible explanation then the one you have decided is true? The word of the keeper, and the fact that there has been alot of new things introduced in the newbie and promotion categories. At the same time when work on updates slowed. Just like Gorboth said. And thats not proof enough?

Your theory still seems to be more valid?

IF _some_ wizards actually did code for friends and seconds, then my first comment on this subject is valid I think. IF thats the case, why are so many recoded guilds inactive? Should not these friends and seconds you speak of play in them if that was the plan behind it?

And lastly, if you spend enough time as a wizard to earn the trust to work on a guild, and then spend the time and effort to do so, I seriously doubt many have time to play a mortal that much. I mean all the recodes have been done by a handful of wizards, and you think what? Half of them have a second who they wanted to benefit? Whats that then? Two people? Petros and Navarres possible seconds or what? Nah, doesnt sound very plausible to me.

And I dont buy that "for a friend" theory either. It must be a VERY close friend if you go through all that trouble to help him/her out then? I sure would not code a guild for anyone unless I really wanted to do it myself. Motivation in my experience is something that usually come from inside, something you want to do and like to do yourself.
Last edited by Cherek on 14 Nov 2011 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 14 Nov 2011 20:23

Rhaegar wrote:They're active again?
Did the leadership change?
Apparently.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/