Invisibility and Blocking Rooms

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: Invisibility and Blocking Rooms

Post by Kiara » 14 Jan 2014 22:42

Manglor wrote:
ydred wrote:Some of this could also be applied to mobs that hit you a lot harder if you are drunk.

Guilds who are balanced around having to drink to stay 'fit' must spend the time it takes to get sober to get the items these guys have. Whereas Guilds who were balanced to not need booze .... well they just waltz right in and kill them easy. And the mobs are cake if you are not drunk.

What this is is a major boost to those who were balanced to fight all mobs without alcohol ... and then they get some freebies that others have to plan for hours to be ready for (or probably die in the case of some maulings).

Remove all alcohol checks. It is an outdated system that only helps those who are made to not need what everyone else does and love ... booze!
I think the code should be removed as the coding wizard(s) have long since been ousted and their code has been shown to be detrimental to the overall game. But that's just my two cents. But coding npcs to be easier for certain guilds isn't exactly new to Genesis.
Whats wrong with some guilds having benefits others dont though? I think these things adds some variation to the game. Not being drunk has disadvantages, its only fair that it also has some advantages?

Now if it was coded by wizards who had friends in those guild or were biased towards helping certain guilds.. then I agree with you of course. I thought we were beyond such things, and little of that remained still, but maybe I am naive.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 14 Jan 2014 22:55

Kiara wrote:it was coded by wizards who had friends in those guild or were biased towards helping certain guilds ... but ... I am naive.
^^ Fixed that for you.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 15 Jan 2014 01:59

Manglor wrote:
Kiara wrote:it was coded by wizards who had friends in those guild or were biased towards helping certain guilds ... but ... I am naive.
^^ Fixed that for you.
Bah. You silly quotefaker!:)

But even if I did not really say the above, I think being naive is nice sometimes!

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 15 Jan 2014 02:25

Kiara wrote:
Manglor wrote:
^^ Fixed that for you.
Bah. You silly quotefaker!:)

But even if I did not really say the above, I think being naive is nice sometimes!

hehehe :)

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 15 Jan 2014 07:56

ydred wrote:Some of this could also be applied to mobs that hit you a lot harder if you are drunk.
This has been a pretty horseshit concept considering there was an edict at one time from Lars saying alcohol usage would never hinder you.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 15 Jan 2014 08:01

Amorana wrote: I teamed with super sized Mersereau the other day wearing 'average' gear. He was bleeding health at a rate almost too much to make it worth it.
I don't use my upper echelon items for mass killing. It's a waste of resources.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 15 Jan 2014 08:12

Manglor wrote:I've had the same problem with the orc camp in Bree. As a solo player killing the groups of 5 guards to get into the camp is a slow process. One that's arguably as slow as the groups of orcs before the captain. Keep in mind that they stun you and this dramatically slows down the fight.

I've often taken 8-10 mins to kill them (neidar ftw) to just find a Ranger killing Gorgun and his cronies. It sucks. But that's the price you pay for not having stealth abilities. I think the bigger problem is that guards that can block you continue to do so when you're 'much' bigger than them. That doesn't make sense.
IIRC, you cannot sneak past those guards. You can run past them before they appear. Some people also keep them from respawning as well.
-Mel Brooks

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 15 Jan 2014 11:37

Why even bother travelling to Emerald when you can't kill the orc...? Problem solved

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 15 Jan 2014 13:50

Mersereau wrote:
Manglor wrote:I've had the same problem with the orc camp in Bree. As a solo player killing the groups of 5 guards to get into the camp is a slow process. One that's arguably as slow as the groups of orcs before the captain. Keep in mind that they stun you and this dramatically slows down the fight.

I've often taken 8-10 mins to kill them (neidar ftw) to just find a Ranger killing Gorgun and his cronies. It sucks. But that's the price you pay for not having stealth abilities. I think the bigger problem is that guards that can block you continue to do so when you're 'much' bigger than them. That doesn't make sense.
IIRC, you cannot sneak past those guards. You can run past them before they appear. Some people also keep them from respawning as well.
You may be right. If memory serves, in the example I was thinking of, Zingil and I entered the camp at the same time, he 'crouched down a bit' and a few minutes later I found him killing Gorgun. I found no other corpses, but who knows.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 15 Jan 2014 16:33

Chanele wrote:Why even bother travelling to Emerald when you can't kill the orc...? Problem solved
Not exactly sure what you mean by this.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/