Ranger guild recode ...

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Ranger guild recode ...

Post by gorboth » 22 Apr 2015 01:45

I did not do that recode, Greneth. I am doing this one. I prefer to avoid total disgrace where it can be avoided. Non-human Nazgul are a full-blown Tolkien meltdown, and if I were one of them I would take the first boat to Cadu to get one of those orcish bucket-helmets - a fitting crown.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 22 Apr 2015 01:56

gorboth wrote:I did not do that recode, Greneth. I am doing this one. I prefer to avoid total disgrace where it can be avoided. Non-human Nazgul are a full-blown Tolkien meltdown, and if I were one of them I would take the first boat to Cadu to get one of those orcish bucket-helmets - a fitting crown.

G.
Perhaps not but if this is the route you chose then make it equal for everyone. Your own words were in a discussion about power and RP was the guilds whose promote rp deserve the power given.

Yet here you are saying what a disgrace to the RP of that guild it is for them to be non human.

Furthermore are you going to write Prokop a letter of apology? Informing her that she is no longer able to stay captain without changing race? Essentially forcing her to after how many years of dedication and keeping the RoN going strong? All of which may throw whatever RP for that character which may of been built over the years?

I dont know that she even cares but these are things to think of before slamming the gavel down.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Apr 2015 02:07

Yes, they are. And I am.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 22 Apr 2015 02:30

Gorboth, what sort of Rangers did you find Jaypeg or Guincho to be?

Were their race a hindrance to them roleplaying Rangers properly?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 22 Apr 2015 02:54

Perhaps we should all calm down a tad? As far as I understand it these are ideas and we may be getting worked up over nothing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Apr 2015 03:13

Mersereau wrote:Gorboth, what sort of Rangers did you find Jaypeg or Guincho to be?
Confusing ones.
Mersereau wrote:Were their race a hindrance to them roleplaying Rangers properly?
To themselves and others, yes. Does this mean they did a bad job? Not at all. One can overcome hinderances. Best if hinderances are removed from the design-level, however.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 22 Apr 2015 03:23

gorboth wrote:
Mersereau wrote:Gorboth, what sort of Rangers did you find Jaypeg or Guincho to be?
Confusing ones.
Mersereau wrote:Were their race a hindrance to them roleplaying Rangers properly?
To themselves and others, yes. Does this mean they did a bad job? Not at all. One can overcome hinderances. Best if hinderances are removed from the design-level, however.

G.
Care to elaborate, or are we going back to vague non-transparent wizard speak?

Considering you were never in that guild during that time, I would beg to differ.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 22 Apr 2015 03:26

gorboth wrote:Yes, they are. And I am.

G.
I like :-)
May I suggest the possibility of a free race change for said people being affected by the change, when the changes will be implemented?

Looking forward to seeing what rangers become

Erling
Greenhorne

Post by Erling » 22 Apr 2015 03:50

Ok. I am a fairly new Ranger, but have been processing this for the day and wanted to put my thoughts down. To clarify, as I am not a known person in the realm, I am a hobbit. I have joined the Rangers, and this character will always be a Ranger. If someone wanted to make an adventuresome hobbit Occ guild it is the only way I could see leaving. Since that won't be happening, the RoN is my best way to role play a Hobbit that is trying to stand against Sauron.

Most here agree that the Rangers are in need of a recode. We also need to never forget that Wizards volunteer here. As such, we need to recognize they deserve to enjoy their time here too. In my mind, barring severe negative impacts on the game, a coding Wizards vision of a project should rule. Again, they are donating their free time to code it.

When I think of my role as a hobbit in the Rangers, I can understand why I wouldn't be in guild leadership. I could even understand why I wouldn't be a member of the Grey company, although I am glad this canon can be loosened given the limited options I have to play a protector of the Shire.

I could even see it as an interesting option to have different sets of titles for humans and non-human. Titles that reflect "full" members versus trusted allies could help set a theme and add to rp. Of course this would have to be thematic only and not mean different skills and abilities otherwise you make a human only guild.

I see this as a way to add some very rich rp to ME, and giving the players the tools to do so.

The unfortunate part of this is what it means for players such as Prokop and Chanel who have dedicated years of their lives to leading the current guild and creating a wonderful home for us. I think this is a necessary "evil" if it is the vision of the working wizard. Changes can be hard sometimes.

So, in summary of a long winded post:
- Thank you Gorboth, for giving your time to Erling's home.
- I think there are thematic changes that can allow the Grey Company to be what it is in ME lore, and still allow non-human to have their occupation be defending the west.
-If anyone wants to code a shire guild based on slings and pies, Erling will leave the Rangers to their human business. :)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 22 Apr 2015 03:55

Ah yes Erlings right. Thank you Gorbeth for taking the time to do this.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/