Dragonarmy revisited

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Dragonarmy revisited

Post by Draugor » 11 Aug 2017 19:22

Amberlee wrote:Will try this again.

Please don't change the BDA and relocate the juice to things that only work outdoors.
This will kill the guild.
Here are some fun facts for you.
Of the big grinders, only TWO of them are outdoors..

By doing what you plan you effectively kill the only evil guild with real oomph enough to challenge goodie guilds.
You will ruin the grinding capability of the guild.
The nerf itself is ginormous to BDA.
For RDA though it is a huge boost.

But if you want to make sure that evils have no place left in Genesis.
Go right ahead..
Was already headed that way anyway.

Prolly think that its cause of the abilities and not the people they have gotten so big, boost the RDA, dont fuck around with the BDA and make AA into some sort of allround guild that works better in teams. We need more fucking actual utility on the evil side -.-

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 11 Aug 2017 21:34

Amberlee wrote: But if you want to make sure that evils have no place left in Genesis.
Go right ahead..
I can find this argument repeated for the last 20 years, yet 90% of those hanging on from that time seem to be evil.
It seems to me most newbies also go evil.

Wonder why.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 11 Aug 2017 21:52

FFS stop whining!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Aug 2017 22:31

Amberlee wrote: But if you want to make sure that evils have no place left in Genesis.
Go right ahead..
Not to take sides in the good vs evil battle, but... really?:) Goodies have less viable grinding areas by default since they are much more align-restricted. And of course most goodies can't select the goblin race, which, as we all know, is the most powerful melee grinding race. Oh, and there hasn't been a new occupational goodie melee guild opened since the.... uhm... Neidars some 20 years ago? Yes, evils surely has no place left in Genesis, and everything is made for goodies? :)

That said, I do understand your concerns about indoor vs outdoor abilities, but lets trust that Arman knows what he is doing. I am sure he listens to all the feedback and concerns and takes that into consideration.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Aug 2017 23:23

Cherek wrote:
Go right ahead..
Not to take sides in the good vs evil battle, but... really?:) Goodies have less viable grinding areas by default since they are much more align-restricted. And of course most goodies can't select the goblin race, which, as we all know, is the most powerful melee grinding race. Oh, and there hasn't been a new occupational goodie melee guild opened since the.... uhm... Neidars some 20 years ago? Yes, evils surely has no place left in Genesis, and everything is made for goodies? :)

That said, I do understand your concerns about indoor vs outdoor abilities, but lets trust that Arman knows what he is doing. I am sure he listens to all the feedback and concerns and takes that into consideration.

Here are some numbers for you.
Evils have1 (ONE) viable OCC guild for those under legend.
This is the BDA.
Two if you count above legend(I'll ad MM to that list then)
By viable I mean playable. Not subpar to others.
With the proposed changes to BDA this will put BDA in the subpar cathegory as well.
The fact that these things are proposed, including your statement here just shows me how vastly out of touch with the game you actually are.

Now for the goodie guilds.
They have the strongest guilds in the game.
Calians.. They are just ridiculously strong.. hands down best damage dealers and up there as best tanks when in team with other Calians.
Knights.. The knights will beat the BDA(as they are now) in a straight up fight of equal size EVERY time.. They don't have as strong a special, but it's close.. And they have MUCH better defences and are immune to the defence reducing features of the BDA.. Way to go for natural enemy guilds..
Neidar.. Just wow.. Hands down best tanking guild... I mean tanking mithas and barely getting hurt at titan.. Only they can do that in the game?

Edit.
Oh and the goodies have the strongest healers as well.
They have Rangers and they have SCOP..
Now what happens when SCOP are recoded and becomes Elemental Clerics?
I don't know, but I doubt they will be any weaker and any less powerful.

So.. What do evils have to compete with this?
Nothing.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 11 Aug 2017 23:34

The grass is ALWAYS greener

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Aug 2017 23:37

Dorrien wrote:The grass is ALWAYS greener

You say that as if I had never played both sides :)
Which I have..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Aug 2017 23:39

Amberlee has a point :P Tanking, DPS, Utility and healing the goodies are easially winning

WAnna know WHY the evil side is superior? Cause the players know exactly what they are doing, put the time in on growing their chars cause it the only way to do anything and lastly cause its got 1 more proper grinding ground in qualinesti. Now, the latter doesent really matter that much since the elves HURT like a mofo so it usually requires healing.

Noone can deny Neidars tank 10x better than AA, hell my AA is Myth and then some, still cant tank Mithas without alot of resting, my Neidar is a bloody titan, tanks it like a god.

Damage, yes, solo, bda does fucked up damage, add one more player and a single swarmer fixes that, how do I know this? I've had em at my back :P Both of em

ANd on the healing... still 2 guilds, both healing than the one evil that can :P

And no, you cant count morguls in any way tbh since they are a separate align tbh, they are past good and evil if you think about it.

And allround? Evils have no allround guild, Knights are actually an awesome allround guild especially with the right layman.

So tbh, change the BDA if anything, dont just nerf them, evils need something to draw there aswell or we'll just have the same idiotic crap blizzard does, Nerf, buff, nerf buff, nerf buff into retardation.

Stop looking at the code and test the guilds. REALLY test then with laymans and all. Align restricts on laymans? EXTREMELLY biased councils on LAYMANS? No.
Last edited by Draugor on 11 Aug 2017 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 11 Aug 2017 23:45

Hard to know how I 'said' it... I figured you had played both sides. There are other things that are purposefully omitted from comparison that go into 'balance' but that is not what people worry about... All about how powerful one 'feels'... But what does a slow old dwarf know about anything? I'll just return to drinking ale and taking hits...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Aug 2017 23:49

The good thing about the changes is that RDA gets a buff though.
Sadly at the expense of BDA.
Which ultimately serves none of the guilds.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/