Calians in crisis?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Calians in crisis?

Post by Rhynox » 29 Jun 2010 19:47

The wizards did something nice with the calian upgrade. There were big teams of five or six calians teamed around (Budwise tanking better than me, for example). However, their tanking abilities were worsened until now, when they can't tank unless they are very big. So, they rely on a team, and unfortunately most teams are pretty closed. Yanus, Ahith and Tristram liked to team with Irk, and there would be no way they would team with another tanker. Maureenanne teamed with me, and she would not likely team with someone else. Strong bounds take a while to be created, and new calians are not able to make them fast enough.

Also, the guild itself is not good for conflicts. If they go to war against the Shadow Union, they cannot ask other tankers to go with them. That weakens them quite a lot.

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 29 Jun 2010 19:48

amberlee wrote:Goon Swarm in Eve proved that a legion of no brain, newbie jerks can sink even the most elite players in a game :lol:

Anyway you should have been there before me and the others left then Maizara...
Atleast people helped eachother then, and we were in fact close..
Remmy was there about... 6-7 years back I think around '05 or '04 and I loved it there, then people just slowly quit playing and it got to be where there were 1-3 people active.

This song always makes me laugh when I think of EveGoons ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXmf0nvx ... re=related

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 30 Jun 2010 02:53

Rhynox wrote:The wizards did something nice with the calian upgrade. There were big teams of five or six calians teamed around (Budwise tanking better than me, for example). However, their tanking abilities were worsened until now, when they can't tank unless they are very big. So, they rely on a team, and unfortunately most teams are pretty closed. Yanus, Ahith and Tristram liked to team with Irk, and there would be no way they would team with another tanker. Maureenanne teamed with me, and she would not likely team with someone else. Strong bounds take a while to be created, and new calians are not able to make them fast enough.

Also, the guild itself is not good for conflicts. If they go to war against the Shadow Union, they cannot ask other tankers to go with them. That weakens them quite a lot.
I teamed quite often with Maur, when she was playing. I am open to get others to my team, especially allies, but to be honest there arent much of them active. Even some from my guild if they are in game, they are idling. If someone want to team with me, he/she is just contacting with me (like Bomrim did last few days) :) Ahith, Yanus, Tristram, Morg they are very often open for teaming and prepare to be attacked (risk of company me), but it doesnt mean we are closed for others.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 30 Jun 2010 02:57

I can verify that what Irk says is the truth.
Often when i team with him i bring someone else aswell, and he never refuses to that request.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Jun 2010 10:10

Irk wrote:
Rhynox wrote:The wizards did something nice with the calian upgrade. There were big teams of five or six calians teamed around (Budwise tanking better than me, for example). However, their tanking abilities were worsened until now, when they can't tank unless they are very big. So, they rely on a team, and unfortunately most teams are pretty closed. Yanus, Ahith and Tristram liked to team with Irk, and there would be no way they would team with another tanker. Maureenanne teamed with me, and she would not likely team with someone else. Strong bounds take a while to be created, and new calians are not able to make them fast enough.

I teamed quite often with Maur, when she was playing. I am open to get others to my team, especially allies, but to be honest there arent much of them active. Even some from my guild if they are in game, they are idling. If someone want to team with me, he/she is just contacting with me (like Bomrim did last few days) :) Ahith, Yanus, Tristram, Morg they are very often open for teaming and prepare to be attacked (risk of company me), but it doesnt mean we are closed for others.
Swwwwwwwwwweeeet, can I join the myth train?? :lol:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Jun 2010 10:13

I joined it quite a few times ... the exp per min. gain is slower than when soloing but certainly ... easier (as in "no brainer" hack'n'slash)
Last edited by Laurel on 30 Jun 2010 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Jun 2010 10:15

So of all the Calians who left, and are singing off a similar hymm sheet and now find themselves as mercs or whatever..
Why don't you lot be the goon squad and go back??
That would be a handfull of active players and the makings of a good guild.

Plus Calians may have a little trouble making solo exps, but really so do most people.
If they are killing solo it is usually stuff that is easy to tank.
But once you start adding more Calians it really is going to be an exp grinding powerhouse..

And on the Calians and wars, they have a good history here.. Holding their own against MM and BDA.
If for example the Calians + Su kicked off, why should they not drag the Neidar in as well..?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 30 Jun 2010 10:45

Tarax the Terrible wrote:So of all the Calians who left, and are singing off a similar hymm sheet and now find themselves as mercs or whatever..
Why don't you lot be the goon squad and go back??
That would be a handfull of active players and the makings of a good guild.

Plus Calians may have a little trouble making solo exps, but really so do most people.
If they are killing solo it is usually stuff that is easy to tank.
But once you start adding more Calians it really is going to be an exp grinding powerhouse..

And on the Calians and wars, they have a good history here.. Holding their own against MM and BDA.
If for example the Calians + Su kicked off, why should they not drag the Neidar in as well..?
Most are already committed to another guild then just the mercs. Most have gone into the Knights, Rangers ect.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 30 Jun 2010 12:19

And personally i like having the choise to solo if i want to..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 30 Jun 2010 12:26

amberlee wrote:And personally i like having the choise to solo if i want to..
You could solo quite ok as a Calian/Blademaster, especially when the mauler restrictions were lifted and everyone could train swords/maul (not that maul did anything, but battack is ok).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/