Bloodsea Minotaurs

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
fulgrim
Apprentice

Bloodsea Minotaurs

Post by fulgrim » 10 Jul 2010 01:06

I am confused. Is this a layman or a race guild?

Tive
Rising Hero

Re: Bloodsea Minotaurs

Post by Tive » 10 Jul 2010 01:09

Layman, but you need to be a minotaur to join... obviously.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Jul 2010 02:11

By the way, I think that every race should have its exclusive layman. Would be nice to see some more diversity and interesting stuff (and better roleplay with mercs).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 10 Jul 2010 08:31

Rhaegar wrote:By the way, I think that every race should have its exclusive layman. Would be nice to see some more diversity and interesting stuff (and better roleplay with mercs).
why not go extreme and give exclusive layman to every player! imagine the diversity!!

ah, and you forgot to add:
"it would help new players"
:roll: :ugeek:

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Jul 2010 10:22

Well, right now at least 2 races have their exclusive layman (up to my knowledge). Why not make more? There's nothing wrong in adding a couple more layman guilds.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 10 Jul 2010 16:11

Soon there will be more guilds than active players. Occupational guilds with only one race allowed are usually the first ones to become inactive because it heavily restricts your gameplay. Layman guilds are not that bad because these guilds should never be the main resource of your character, however in order to allow as many individuals to join they have to have no alignment restrictions, which makes them somewhat bland. Not sure if you can be a good minotaur (which according to Krynn lore should not be possible, as Sargonnas is a god of evil), but if you can it wouldn't surprise me. Same with archers, they allow any alignment to join (even half-elves of elven nature if I recall correctly) in order to not restrict entrance.

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 10 Jul 2010 17:43

Rhynox wrote:Soon there will be more guilds than active players. Occupational guilds with only one race allowed are usually the first ones to become inactive because it heavily restricts your gameplay. Layman guilds are not that bad because these guilds should never be the main resource of your character, however in order to allow as many individuals to join they have to have no alignment restrictions, which makes them somewhat bland. Not sure if you can be a good minotaur (which according to Krynn lore should not be possible, as Sargonnas is a god of evil), but if you can it wouldn't surprise me. Same with archers, they allow any alignment to join (even half-elves of elven nature if I recall correctly) in order to not restrict entrance.
Eh no where in the Lore does it state that a race is completely bound to a god and cannot escape. So is it very possible for a "Good" Minotaur to be around. Lore states that they all favored him not that they all "Had" to worship him. Kaz should be the first one that pops up when good Minotaurs are mentioned.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Jul 2010 18:13

Rhynox wrote:Soon there will be more guilds than active players. Occupational guilds with only one race allowed are usually the first ones to become inactive because it heavily restricts your gameplay. Layman guilds are not that bad because these guilds should never be the main resource of your character, however in order to allow as many individuals to join they have to have no alignment restrictions, which makes them somewhat bland. Not sure if you can be a good minotaur (which according to Krynn lore should not be possible, as Sargonnas is a god of evil), but if you can it wouldn't surprise me. Same with archers, they allow any alignment to join (even half-elves of elven nature if I recall correctly) in order to not restrict entrance.
Actually, you must be good to join, then you can swing align as you please. Also, the trainer won't teach you anything if you're not good. And minotaurs don't need to be strictly evil (see Kaz, mentioned by Maizara).
And in Dragonlance, you don't really have good and evil characters in the strict sense (at least not all of them). Some of them are good in nature but aiding evil cause and vice versa.

fulgrim
Apprentice

Post by fulgrim » 12 Jul 2010 00:24

Ok, thanks!

I suppose having three specials was too good to be true ;)

Onton
Wanderer

Post by Onton » 14 Jul 2010 21:09

Rhaegar wrote:By the way, I think that every race should have its exclusive layman. Would be nice to see some more diversity and interesting stuff (and better roleplay with mercs).
Gnomes could get something that's actually useful... :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/