Limited Items.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zorath
Wanderer

Re: Limited Items.

Post by Zorath » 09 Sep 2010 20:20

cotillion wrote:Feel free to elaborate on what you would do to someone a log says is looting the rack.
This is an issue which has to be solved by the AoP, there is no advantage to more player accessible logs for racks.

Now I'm not saying we've always done our best at tracking down looters but we are in a much better position to do it than any council could ever be. And there are guilds without councils.
Perhaps it is just enough to have the opportunity to check such things, is enough of a threath towards rack looters.
Perhaps people then dare to have alittle faith in theire guild mates.

Im certainly hopeing so atleast.

In your question about what people would do to a rack looter.. hmm.
First they must be sure the person is looting I guess.
If in doubt, give a warning.. perhaps tell the person to try to gather something good in return from what the person had taken so far, perhaps even help him/her to do it.
And if there is no doubt, then I would have done an effort in either kicking the person out of the guild, or ban him/her from racks or something.
Depends on the options available.

The main thing, is to have the guild work in the best possible way.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 09 Sep 2010 20:26

amberlee wrote: And then there are also the fact that the AoP really couldnt be bothered with this, since you have more important things to do then run after the guys second who stole a trinket from a rack to give it to his main character..
Having contact between your own seconds is a very serious rule violation and will certainly be punished by the AoP.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2010 20:28

So is harassment yet i know of people guilty of it in game that has never been punished for it.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 09 Sep 2010 20:45

I really don't get it, Cotillion...
Your posts here makes it seem you're residing in some ivory tower, completely oblivious to what players are concerned about, and why they are concerned about it.

Having rack-logs are good. A log is good because a guild can keep track of who is contributing and who is not. A guild can also keep track of any rack-looters and then do something about it, like expelling them.
And then you, the AoP, can do whatever it is that you do...If/when you get around to it.

Also, yea, I think everyone knows having contact between your seconds are against the rules. But this issue have been discussed in-depth in a recent thread, where the bottom-line was - It's impossible for players of the game to provide any hard evidence. Player(s) well-known violators of that rule, which are well-known amongst atleast the player-part of the community, is still at large and nothing is seems to be done about it.

So, please, instead of trying to combat the players of the game, try and work with them. Try to see where they come from, and perhaps acknowledge that their concerns are worth listening to.
In short, step out of your tower and see what it's like down here. :)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Freya

Post by Freya » 09 Sep 2010 20:52

cotillion wrote:
amberlee wrote: And then there are also the fact that the AoP really couldnt be bothered with this, since you have more important things to do then run after the guys second who stole a trinket from a rack to give it to his main character..
Having contact between your own seconds is a very serious rule violation and will certainly be punished by the AoP.

So how come a certain knight isnt in trouble then?

Killing npc with one char, giving equip to middle-hand, then mysteriously eq shows up in first chars guild rack.

Lets face it, wizards do not really care about people using alts to share eq with, at least thats my experience
that nobody gets caught for doing it.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 09 Sep 2010 21:00

Makfly wrote:I really don't get it, Cotillion...
Your posts here makes it seem you're residing in some ivory tower, completely oblivious to what players are concerned about, and why they are concerned about it.
You are reading alot into my notes which isn't there. They mean exactly what was written.
Makfly wrote: Having rack-logs are good. A log is good because a guild can keep track of who is contributing and who is not.
Turning the racks into a scoreboard of who is a good guild member is not a good idea.
There must be room for traitors and idiots who manage to get themselves killed all the time.

Genesis is still about communication and intrigue between players and even if that aspect is decaying I don't think you'll find much wiz support for getting rid of it completely.
Makfly wrote: A guild can also keep track of any rack-looters and then do something about it, like expelling them.
And then you, the AoP, can do whatever it is that you do...If/when you get around to it.
This solution leaves guilds without councils or with bad leadership in a bad spot. That's unacceptable.
Also, yea, I think everyone knows having contact between your seconds are against the rules. But this issue have been discussed in-depth in a recent thread, where the bottom-line was - It's impossible for players of the game to provide any hard evidence. Player(s) well-known violators of that rule, which are well-known amongst atleast the player-part of the community, is still at large and nothing is seems to be done about it.
This is a problem. I'll see what I can do improve the situation.
So, please, instead of trying to combat the players of the game, try and work with them. Try to see where they come from, and perhaps acknowledge that their concerns are worth listening to.
I'm replying, that suggests I've been listening no?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2010 21:02

The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 09 Sep 2010 21:31

cotillion wrote:
Makfly wrote:I really don't get it, Cotillion...
You are reading alot into my notes which isn't there. They mean exactly what was written.
Makfly wrote: Having rack-logs are good. A log is good because a guild can keep track of who is contributing and who is not.
Turning the racks into a scoreboard of who is a good guild member is not a good idea.
There must be room for traitors and idiots who manage to get themselves killed all the time.

Genesis is still about communication and intrigue between players and even if that aspect is decaying I don't think you'll find much wiz support for getting rid of it completely.
It would still be possible to be a traitor and a idiot who gets himself killed, just harder to steal equipment without beeing noticed.
It almoust sounds to me like you want Genesis to still have these major problems, which easily can be fixed.
Makes me wonder why...?

And I dont think it would be less intrigues and communication if you implement rack logs, it just will help to solve an issue that has been bothering players for years.
cotillion wrote:
Makfly wrote: A guild can also keep track of any rack-looters and then do something about it, like expelling them.
This solution leaves guilds without councils or with bad leadership in a bad spot. That's unacceptable.
Then we need to solve that issue too.
Perhaps add a voting system, or similar, Im sure we can come up with something.
cotillion wrote:
This is a problem. I'll see what I can do improve the situation.
I'm replying, that suggests I've been listening no?

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 09 Sep 2010 21:46

amberlee wrote:
cotillion wrote:Players should not have information about what happened when noone was around to see it.
That's considered wizard like knowledge and should not be given to players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdyqgy3II2Y
Try this instead:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 09 Sep 2010 22:10

I just gotta ask, knowing I won't learn the real answer:
Cot - what is your true aim in all this? :ugeek:

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/