Questmasters

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Irk
Rising Hero

Questmasters

Post by Irk » 22 Sep 2010 20:53

I think this feature will be great for new players. I remember as a newbie I have great problem with finding Questmasters and even now sometimes is hard for me. Fortunately thanks to hints it began a bit easier, cuz you know where to search ;) However I was thinking about one more feature - marking QM with (?) in description. That will say to you that here, this man/woman is QM and have quest for you. When we take it this sign is changing to (!) and when you done all quests from him no mark will appear.
That will be very helpful for example with Gunthar (right? the one in VK) or with Tarshir when he has quest for you, but his reply is not so clear to understand it to back later.

What do you think?
IMO for wizards it wont be hard to create, but very helpful to all players.

Ilrahil

Re: Questmasters

Post by Ilrahil » 22 Sep 2010 22:53

Not an awful idea. I'd rather see an item in their description that defines them as one. something more subtle. TO me genesis are the pages of a book scrolling through. Things like random punctuation or the idiot who coded Joy of light quest and one of the NPC's uses a smiley *:)* in his speech pisses me off.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 22 Sep 2010 23:06

Just make sure Irk doesent make a script that goes directly to that one questmaster and does shit :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 22 Sep 2010 23:41

more WoW in Gen? :lol:

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 23 Sep 2010 00:20

next we will ask for the gear that stays with you forever.. oh wait..
:P

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 23 Sep 2010 00:24

for me it isnt so important till I have done all quests, but for the newbies is quite different subject. We cant forget this is a game and it has to be player friendly, especially in days where is hard to get new players to play text game :)

Changing saving eq system is much more complicated and it first step is to do saving racks :P On the other hand if eq will always saves then everyone will quit with it and we could call it "gear stays forever" :P

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Sep 2010 01:13

I think it's an excellent idea, and I dont think it will not endanger the "book"-feeling I too like.

Irk is totally right about the player friendly part too I think.

It just makes it a bit easier for new players to enjoy our world. And almost everyone have played Diablo, or WOW or some game with that type of system.

I think its good, and needed!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/