It seems odd.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Re: It seems odd.

Post by Alorrana » 15 Jan 2011 23:27

Yeah sorry I got pissed. but dissing newbies is the worst possible crime you can do to genesis currently. (i think)

And i can behave on other subjects. But infact Newbies are the most valuable thing to the game.. not me, im just an old fart, not the players, just more gass. wizards, gass containers.. ;) but newbies are and must be treated like gold.

My behaved point of view. proberly should have started this, but i took out the guy Mr X didnt and gave him a fun ride. but it just got to me that you post as helper and then idle/script/not care/.. remove the ring then.

Ok. Cheers. In all frigging good spirits !
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Jan 2011 23:33

Rhaegar wrote:It's nice to have someone interested enough to get pissed off. But wouldn't it be better, if such person (Alorrana in this particular case, but I want to speak in general terms), when seeing situation that pisses him/her off, like the example in the OP, would do something along the lines of:
1. who w
2. mail a wizard, preferably someone you know is most likely to answer
3. Hi! There is this guy that promised some newbie to help him, he's on but is not replying to mails or the N-line for the past 30mins. Maybe it's nothing but I thought I'd let you know so you can check it out if you have spare time and feel it could be meaningful. Thanks in advance! ~A player who cares
4. Go help the newbie and wait for the wizard to reply before getting filled with rage and unleashing your anger on the forums/boards as you now know that you have done the right thing, your conscious is clear and you can savor the culprits demise and/or shame when you read about wizard's action against him on the common board

At least that's how I think it should look like: go through the official channels before whining on the out of game forums.
You obviously havnt dealt with this mr x before.. hes.. yeah well I respect your point and will try (dont count on it) to act in a better way next time.. but if you had any experience with this type.. you would want to get them away from any position where they can do anything than grind. Trust me when i say 90% og the GAME hates Mr x its quite true... Mr x made several players leave due to hes violent and agressive playstyle.. Mr x is one we all dont want. Ok. polite enough for ya ?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Jan 2011 01:52

Yeah :) And I share your view on newbies. When I was still active (perhaps I will be again sometime soon, when I'm done with exams at univ etc.) I gave priority to N-line and helping out newbies, even at the cost of my own happy grinding/herbing/eq-hunting/questing and things like that.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 16 Jan 2011 02:35

yeah, And ist the best we ca do.. to help.. :)

Well i hope to see you back soon. and hey, when your a legend or myth. whats to do besides helping young ones.(nooo not many feel this way but i do). Provede today Fantastic progress is still possible. but its borring, much more fun actually helping the young ones. giving them a sweet time.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Jan 2011 04:18

Never actually went above hero/titan so I can't comment on the last one :P
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Jan 2011 16:46

Alorrana wrote: ...but it just got to me that you post as helper and then idle/script/not care/.. remove the ring then.
Well I will probably piss off Alorrana again, but I just cant help myself:

Code: Select all

nlist
 --- Fellow Helpers:

**     **     **    **     Alorrana

last alorrana
Login time : Mon Jan 17 12:33:57 2011
Activity   :  19 m 13 s idle
You have been idle for quite some time, (alot more than 19min but you have some tick-timer around 20 min).

I even noticed some action on the newbie-channel directed towards you, (not from a newbie but still) and you didnt reply.

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house? :)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Jan 2011 17:23

sorry I took my dog out, but If you noticed I did reply..

So throw rocks somewhere els.. Im alowed to Idle, And Reply still...

Sooooo just want to get in to a piss fight or what ??

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Jan 2011 17:47

And btw sinch Ive been online this is the only chatter on the Nline..

> <Newbie> Chanele: So, in need of any help Alorrana? I know it can be tough
for youngsters that just arrived from newbieland.
<Newbie> Chanele: No help needed? I'll have to deposit my 10 grand again then.
*sigh*

Should I reply to A legend?? I dont know..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Jan 2011 17:53

You dont find it funny you say idling people should remove the pin and then you idle while walking the dog and wearing the pin?

But hey it was meant to piss you off so it succeeded.:)

*tickle alorrana*

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 17 Jan 2011 18:10

Ofcourse you should reply Alorrana, I just wanted to help you out;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/