New "title" feature

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Lindros

New "title" feature

Post by Lindros » 12 Feb 2011 00:26

So I was thinking, wouldn't it be nifty with having some titles like the Dragon Order have?

Titles that seem to be based on who has the highest stat that are awake.

Something along the Most Notorious Goblin of Kalad title in Red fangs.

Or is it just me who'se a title geek that think it could be intresting to see ?

Of course just like web publications, people should be able to turn it on and off if they wish...

Any thoughts on this ?

Amberlee
Myth

Re: New "title" feature

Post by Amberlee » 12 Feb 2011 19:49

I am very for this suggestion.
Only dont base it on everyone that is logged in..
Make it something to add to racial guilds or race in general..(Depending on if the racial guild "changes" your race.
Like for ogres who are racial and occ.. Like the ogre with the best average on physicals would be "Da strongest smasha of da ogres"
And the ogre with the best average on mentals would be "Da smartest ogre"

For dwarves it could be Dwarven Defender and Loremaster of the Dwarves.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 12 Feb 2011 22:03

Why just racial? I'd like to see such things for all guild types. This would add some variety in otherwise rather bland population of Blademasters (where's the promised melding into clans of Khalakhor?).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 12 Feb 2011 23:26

But ogres already got these titles, just get to work and snag them titles away from their holders.
You are just a handful kills away from stealing them, on the other hand ogres can't count :lol:

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 12 Feb 2011 23:51

I'm with Amberlee, would love to see it for Racial Guilds. As more then 90% of the game is in a racial guild it should cover everyone. Definitely would give the Krynn Racial a purpose.
Last edited by Greneth on 12 Feb 2011 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 12 Feb 2011 23:52

It would be nice to see it in occupational guilds too.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 12 Feb 2011 23:57

I just want to freeze the gladiator title Imperial Master gladiator.. Ursus !! mega uber title..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2011 02:34

Alorrana: That was always the best one!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 13 Feb 2011 02:49

Cherek wrote:Alorrana: That was always the best one!
agreed, Imperial Master... its star wars, star trek and fantasy worlds combined in one title.. Imperial master...*shivers in the good way*

And then you move from the most uber title ever to Supreme master.. BOOOOOO ! thats just the most un-inspiring title ever..supreme.. every one is supreme, and mythical now.. No one is Imperial.. it should be the final title, or let people be able to freeze their titles.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2011 03:10

Its the Star Wars connection I always liked. Anything that is "imperial" is mean! :)

But its a matter of personal taste I guess. Many guilds have "lower" titles that are cooler than the highest. Cherek was a knight for most of his life and you raise title super quick as a knight, and "Lord Warrior", or "Lord Clerist" etc was always so boring. You pass by a bunch of cooler ones on the way but you never see any knights with them since they rush by so very quick. Same in most guilds. All gladiators are superior master, all calians are exalted members, etc.

It would be cool if when you reach the max title you get to chose from a bunch of "max titles" instead of getting stuck with one. Or something.

I think the Dragonarmy has a nice way of handling this. They got their "rank" title, General, Highmaster etc, but they also got the extra title that can be more induvidual. I think other guilds could learn from that system.

Or Red Fang of course, that had already been suggested. It is also harder to gain titles in Red Fang than most guilds which is a good thing.

But I like the suggestion where people has to compete for a title. If there could be only one Superior Master Gladiator that title would get a meaning again. (even if imperial is cooler).

There could be different ways in different guilds. Gladiators could be simply brute force in battle. (combat XP). While perhaps other guilds could award their highest title to those who bring most to the racks, are most active, etc. Or clever mathematical formulas to take into account several of those things. So perhaps knights who could have a formula like this. ((activity+guildXP+rackPoints+coinsDonated+DIS)= Your title.) DIS since knights are supposed to be brave, and rack since they are about sharing, and are also supposed to be devoted to their cause, not personal wealth and greed). Another guild could have another formula beased on their beliefs.

This would all be based on the current members, so in Calia the top three are exalted members of the elite guard for instance. And the next three belong to the second highest title "group", etc. And it would change as people advance, and others get sloppy or stop playing. Would also perhaps keep people active and working for their guild and themselves to keep the title. Perhaps there could even be small benefits for those of the highest title. And least in some of the more competitive guilds.

Obviously manual titles like "General" or "Grand master" would still work the usual way. I am speaking of "normal" titles now.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/