Cost of leaving guilds

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Cost of leaving guilds

Post by Laurel » 14 Feb 2011 11:34

BDA -> Knight

at least 2 attempted that I know of and both failed

I know someone who has been:
AA / BDA (RO assistant) / squire in knights (one of the above mentioned failed ones) / Neidar (twice) / gladiator (several times) / merc (twice/trice?) / Calian (twice - RO once) / monk / Ranger (trice - left once during pupilhood and ran into a bug in apprentice handling after recode)

general disrespect ... yes, plenty ... all of you who whine about Xar don't even come close to the work I had to put in earning his trust after all that
on the other hand - I had the best teachers during all that apprenticeships/pupilhoods I could imagine - Zuma, Garnet, Gothmog, Zingil, Kuti, Mau ... and Caerid as well
too bad most of them perished into inactivity already and I greatly miss them :cry: love to see Zingil around again!

leaving penalty? was NEVER an issue
I had once Mercade asking me what's up with the "many corpses of Laurel" ... before any kind of recovery period was implemented

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Cost of leaving guilds

Post by Alorrana » 14 Feb 2011 13:24

Knights. They should be able to be granted retirement, if they have served the knight hood for x numbers of days and obtained sertan titles, and councored x number of Areas.

So should the Dragon armies, If A proud soldier, who served the Blues as a good officer and well liked man, The he should be able to request a retirement, Also based on how long he or she has been there, Areas taken and titles gained.

Rangers should be able to leave with out any costs, I mean they are rangers, not a standard army, they are rebels of a sort (seen through the eyes of the East) they live hidden and out of sight most of the times, not violent people, caretakers of the few remaning good places in ME, protectors of a sort, Nature Marshalls what ever we can call em, but Not an Army as so.
They should be able to hang up their cloaks, and retire into anonymous living. and continue their path.. Perhaps even make a place in the rangers where their name will be maintained and their cloaks on display..?

Army of Angmar. We dont retire people,we break them and smash em up real good.. When you pledge your Life to the Captain and the Witch king Of Angmar, Your ass belongs to the Tower, Tho some think the army stands free of the tower, I assure you it doesnt ;) So leaving Angmar should cost a beating, loss of skills. not a death.. Your life isnt worth the pleasure of death, Live on as the traitor to the east you are.. They are evils.. have to remember that.(and we hold grudges Mu hahahaha ) :twisted:

Neidars, should aswell be able to retire with in their hill/mountain or where ever they dwell, and simply get a retirement title. Dwarves are proud and noble folks, we have to remember this aswell, Its in their culture to be proud of what they have done, the battles they fought, and so on, They should be able to retire with pride and dignity if they, again x number of areas claimed, giants slayen, what ever works.. something perhaps hard coded in the guilds aswell.

Shadow union. Cave dwellers who has chosen to abandone the outside world, or we have abandoned them, havnt quite figured this one out yet ;) But how ever it is, they choose to live among them selves according to playstyle and RP, proud and noble warriors, who lives for the hunt, protectors of Sybarus, and its caves. To leave them is to stab them in the back, you break the inner most trusted thing they have, their union bond.. one is all and all is one.. surely you should die. With out the costs ofc. but die you will. perhaps make it a sort of cermoni, coded in the guild.. dont know how it works, but leaving there is the worst you can do i think.

Calians. Warriors, semi soldiers I dont know how it works, but if it stands as an Army they should be able to retire aswell, if x number of Kroug avangers has been killed, The castle defended x numbers of times, x title gained, and time spend in the guild.. ect like Knights and Blues.

Pots and scops I have no clue how they work.. but im sure some big devine hand from either their respective gods could be made as a sort of retirement, you have maxed the titles, and prayed x number of times, spend x number of time in guild. ect ect.

Monks, Monks are sorta of a retirement home already, people come, become myth, and stop playing, a bit of a shame, monks should be able to retire at own will, simply get a goat and walk out of the temple. bye bye and cheers, no costs, no nothing, they are monks, peacefull ones.. of nature, (almost) :-P but they sould be able to deliver a final prayer when about to retire, also perhaps coded in the guild, and then be blessed by the dragon gods.. and off you go.

Ive proberly left out some guilds, but this will give you the sorta picture i think could be cool.. And remember this is just something I personally think could be a cool idea, no reasons to tell me why it would work and shout why people would abuse it and all, its just an idea, Ok.. :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/