Layment Guilds - Deaths

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: Layment Guilds - Deaths

Post by Kitriana » 21 Apr 2011 15:35

If we're trying to lean more towards attracting the casual player --- Freya is right -- why are we demanding such a hard penalty on people if they leave a guild... especially a laymen guild? If I have 3-4 hours a week to spend in Game. I don't want to spend those 3-4 hours grinding to make up for a penalty loss of as guild I got tired of... and now I want to try something new. Instead I could be stuck with an option I hate... I have no desire/time to create a new character...and so just won't log into the game at all. I really recommend making some kind of a change.

You could even throw something into people's title if they left in a negative way... like.. "Traitor of Free Peoples". Which would make it into more of an RP thing to leave that would actually add some cool dimension to the game. Or someone could want to leave.. but still be listed as a supporter of the guild for a short time after they left to show they left with good feelings.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Apr 2011 15:43

layman guilds - agreed
occ guilds - considering most things depend on guild-stat wouldn't it be better to just regain the lost size with recovery?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 21 Apr 2011 16:04

Recovery already is in effect when leaving guilds.
But yes, some layman guilds should be free to leave as they already are today.
Some I'd like to see more penalty for leaving ;)

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 21 Apr 2011 16:19

For me it is a RP question. If the guild warns you beforehand (by word, helpfile or library etc) that life is what you give and that is what you loose if you leave it, then there is not much to it. If you knew what you got in to and later theres a consequence vis a vis RP that is fine... Of course if you are not told in advance that could be too harsh. Some layman guilds just have XP loss with recovery instead of death. Is that better?

If people want to jump around guildwise testing combinations etc. thats fine, but I don't think all guilds needs to be tailored to suit this need?

Can be I am too consertive in my thinking.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Creed

Post by Creed » 21 Apr 2011 18:19

I like the idea of "honourable discharge/leaving after long service".

Many guilds have a setup where you, as the character, decide to go help some force battle their enemies.
Then it doesn't seem fair to be slain by your own comrades, when you decide that your time there is over.

It seems fair enough for the magic guilds where you deal with gods.
But for myself, I am a knight.
Creed decided that he wanted to fight for the freedom of people, to end evil.
Does it seem logic that a knight should kill him, just because I say "Ive grown old and tired, I want to retire".

It ought to be like the roman legionaires had it.
After 16-20 years (depending on what time of the empire) the soldiers could retire with a plot of land, and they were free to do so. They had served their time, and then they got the reward.

Genesis guilds could be like that also. A guy could say at the initiation that after X years of service, you will be free to leave if you so desire, as you by then have served what we expect of anyone.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Apr 2011 01:11

Creed: I am all for it, should work in knights, DA, Calians, AA and any other "military" structure. And most likely others as well.

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 27 Apr 2011 13:12

Cherek wrote:Creed: I am all for it, should work in knights, DA, Calians, AA and any other "military" structure. And most likely others as well.
I like this idea a lot. For example in the AA, if you retired a war-hero (or otherwise honourably discharged) a group of goblins shouldn't run out and gang-club you as a farewell.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 27 Apr 2011 14:00

Would be a bit tricky really.
It would be nice to be recognised as a former high-ranking member, but what if that person
joined an opposing guild ? What if your alignment changed to the opposite ? These are just
a few of the factors to be considered.
To be honest I think it's ok that you get attacked by AA guards if you aren't a member. It's
simply how they are. Leaving could be seen as treason no matter how high ranked you were.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 27 Apr 2011 14:05

Calador wrote:Would be a bit tricky really.
It would be nice to be recognised as a former high-ranking member, but what if that person
joined an opposing guild ? What if your alignment changed to the opposite ? These are just
a few of the factors to be considered.
To be honest I think it's ok that you get attacked by AA guards if you aren't a member. It's
simply how they are. Leaving could be seen as treason no matter how high ranked you were.

Lets say someone leaves Angmar to join the morguls? Its epic that they eat the snot out of someone that is just going to serve the dark lord in a closer way :p

And the dragonarmies I feel should REALLY have a honorable discharge option, as its standard practice in some armies. And especially if someone is max rank x 10 times

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 27 Apr 2011 14:21

Draugor wrote: Lets say someone leaves Angmar to join the morguls? Its epic that they eat the snot out of someone that is just going to serve the dark lord in a closer way :p

And the dragonarmies I feel should REALLY have a honorable discharge option, as its standard practice in some armies. And especially if someone is max rank x 10 times
If you leave AA to join MM I think you can live with being attacked once. As soon as you join MM you'll no
longer get attacked.
There really isn't a way to code it otherwise.

And as for an honorable discharge from eg. the dragonarmies. We are back to the trick with what the player
does after that. It would be possible to <insert how wizards do things here if you know, because I won't go
into details here>. Yes, I know how it could be done, and I could code it, but I'm not sure it would be worth
it. If you want good standing with a guild, don't leave it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/