Looking a gift horse in the mouth

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Looking a gift horse in the mouth

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 11:14

Unless someone is reported to me to be idling with good gear, I am likely not to notice it. I do not sit around checking all idle players for good gear. As it was suggested ... report such things. Don't expect them to be enforced per se. Yes, if I see someone idling with great gear on them, they will be punished. I don't look for it very often though.

Do I protect Pharaxes? No more than I protect any player. Pharaxes isn't someone I know more than most other players. I've restored quite a few of the players who have complained about this quite a few times. Interesting that the word "hypocrite" gets thrown around so easily, eh? ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 11:21

You encourage players to handle their own buisness but remove the tools to do so..where's the logic in that?
As you said you cant watch people 24/7 but many of us can.
Hypocrite is not used frequently but sometimes it really fits.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 11:33

gorboth wrote:Unless someone is reported to me to be idling with good gear, I am likely not to notice it. I do not sit around checking all idle players for good gear. As it was suggested ... report such things. Don't expect them to be enforced per se. Yes, if I see someone idling with great gear on them, they will be punished. I don't look for it very often though.

Do I protect Pharaxes? No more than I protect any player. Pharaxes isn't someone I know more than most other players. I've restored quite a few of the players who have complained about this quite a few times. Interesting that the word "hypocrite" gets thrown around so easily, eh? ;-)

G.
I always thought it better to just kill the botter instead of reporting it... isnt that better? But instead we should report it to a wizard, so THEY can kill him? But first they need to check on the player of course, who most likely has some triggers to make sure he is alert when a wizard arrives etc... and then the botting goes on... Should not wizards intervention be the las tresort? Policing botters by the players themselves sounds to me like a much better options. It shows the population that WE, the players, do not accept botting behavior. Bot at your own risk. Much better solution, and most likely much more effective, than some wizards stepping down saying who can do what and when...

And you are not making sense Gorboth. You say people have been restored for this many times in the past, and just moments ago in the other thread you said this was fixed now because you were not aware of it until now. Yeah, you ment the moss of course. But it was not the moss that was fixed, it was the ability to give people stuff, why was that fixed now, and not one of all these times in the past people have been restored for it? I think if you had been waiting this long you could wait a little longer... adding it just the day after someone is killed by it causes this... anger and suspicion. It feeds the conspiracy theories. Had you waited awhile to introduce it, and done with a very logical explaination as to why, maybe the reactions had not been as bad as now. Because these types of reactions are bad for the game, most likely more bad than the occasional "gift" being handed to idle people...

And hold on, are you saying Pharaxes was actually restored? For being killed by an ability that has been used in PVP for as long as anyone can remembers So anyone who was ever killed by been giving something, copper coins or herbs or anything, could have asked to be restored and they would have been?

Restoring people unless they clearly die from a bug causes tons of bad feelings and anger... is it really worth it to save one botting huge myth from having to bot some more...?

Now, the acceptgift change I dont like or agree with, but atleast I can _understand_ it. The retoration is to me completely illogical and just encourages a playing style that you have been talking so much about how you dislike, and even made rules, to get rid of. And when someone is killed for just that way of playing, someone who runs around on triggers, and then idle for a long time with EQ, then he is for some reason restored.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 12:20

why dont all you whiners go try kill seren and pharaxes when they are scripting, if they script every day and such, it should be easy for you.. come on now.. get real.. the change is good.. you wouldnt want anyone to give you a ham sandwich in a barbrawl either.. soo..

its changed, get over it. I guess those whining about it, is those who feelt really manly by killing idlers.. *woot* real roleplayers.. I salute you !
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 12:34

Alorrana:
I have no idea why you're protecting them but nevertheless they are far from active while teaming.

And you have been nagging over and over how everything on Genesis are not ment to be real, its a fantasy world then all of the sudden you take a sharp turn...whats that about?

This is an aweful change, contradict everything the wizards has said so far. And by doing that protecting botters and idlers. Its astonishing turn of events.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 29 Mar 2011 12:36

Alorrana, I like you, Seren and Pharaxes.
But seriously, you are not helping, actually you're making a fool out of yourself. I don't think Pharaxes needs you to defend him on his behalf either.

I can only agree with Cherek in this case, dubious restorations and quick code fixes like this smells alot like the old admin, whether it is warranted or not.
I hope we don't see more of such situations, because they are absolute poison in the "community well".
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 12:46

Makfly > Then let me make a fool of myself.. I dont really care much about these game rumors or your view on me..
I defend them because they dont script with me.. thats why.
I can live with being a fool, but apprently you cant live with people saying their oppinions here..And defending them, Why cant i defend my friend, when i think it was an unjust kill.? Players should just report it..and thats it. case closed..

Chanele > I dont take a strong turn, If it was in darkness, or a thief doing it, sure it would make sense that you can get something tugged in your pack(inventory) with out notice, but in full daylight, fighting someone or standing around, fantasy or not, you will see if anyone hands you something.. Sure not if your in a crowd.. but comeon.. this isnt about fantasy or rl, this is about right and wrong.

And who are you to judge and impliment punishment when someone breaks the rule..? I thought the AoP was for that ?

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 12:49

The immortals has stated they dont have time to intervene in mortals affairs and they want mortals to handle their own issues if possible. Thats what took place this time, friend or not you dissapoint me in defending such behaviour.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 13:08

Well I cant please everyone :)

but to make it clear. what happened happened.. nothing we can do about it. okay.. yes i feel it was an unjust kill, logging in a second, giving the player some mosses, and then logging out again.. bit off, just my personal oppinion.

thats what im defending here. Sure Pharaxes should indeed be punished if hes idel with good gear, no doubt, we agree on that. But its a break on the game rules, set by the wizards, so, he should have been reported, and the wizards should have taken care of it.. If a mail to them dosnt work, commune all works, and then let them know, hey, this dude is Idle, Do something about it now, and they proberly would have.

And yes, the Immortal has said many things on this subject and there seems to be alot of grey acording to who and what can idle and script and how, it seems. But when players break game rules, it should be up to the wizards to react, and act on it. not players. because then, where do we draw the line..? If im in combat and I go take a dump, and the combat ends, and some dude passes me.. he asks, hey are you Idle.. wait wait wait.. Ohh she must be..hands me a doom item herb what ever to get me, or attacking me.. and when i return from the shitter, im dead.. is that fair..?

Im not saying he shouldnt be punished, Im saying its not players who should be judges and executioner in these matters.

Jolly now ? or still disapointing every one.. if so.. *shrugs*

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 29 Mar 2011 13:18

I am sure he's not restored. They can't be that dumb. A lot of people has died over the years because of idle or being given poison to eat or burdened with "hipos" in the heat of the battle. Everyone knows it. And the moss has existed for many years as well.
Why would they suddenly restore someone now?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/