Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Post by Cherek » 26 Apr 2011 23:46

Stop making up quotes yourself Padraig. I surely never said "whine, whine, whine" like you qouted me. Thats your words, "faked" as a quote from me to make it look like all I do is whine...

Whatever in-guild rules you have doesnt have anything to do with balance. So I do not understand what that has to do with that discussion?

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 23:53

Cherek wrote:Stop making up quotes yourself Padraig. I surely never said "whine, whine, whine" like you qouted me. Thats your words, "faked" as a quote from me to make it look like all I do is whine...

Whatever in-guild rules you have doesnt have anything to do with balance. So I do not understand what that has to do with that discussion?
I could go multi-quote you but that would take up too much space. It was meant as a joke. Get over yourself.

Yes, our rules have everything to do with this discussion. You say we are vastly overpowered and detrimental to the game as a whole. I say, a) you've never been a member and b) even if we were such awesome killing machines, our hands are tied. c) You've never been killed by a Mage, but I'd be ecstatic to provide you with some real evidence if you'd like. Do I need to say that was sarcasm or can you figure it out on your own?
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 26 Apr 2011 23:55

Padraig wrote:
Booger wrote:
Padraig wrote:Being attacked with no warning is the price you risk to pay when someone else in your guild do the same(scoring a kill or not).
Stop making up quotes kid. Bad form.
I apologize, Padraig. That quote was made by Kas, which should have been obvious from the context. I have corrected it now.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Apr 2011 00:09

Padraig: Come on, stop putting words into my mouth. When did I say you are "vastly overpowered"?

And apparently you have some type of information to know whether or not I have been killed by a mage? Well you are wrong, I have been. It seems you are wrong in your speculations about whatever character or characters I play or have played.

But this discussion is getting out of hand and has lost anything productive.

Final point, I think all guilds should be balanced in PVP abilities, I think they are not currently. And I do not believe in guilds policing themselves.

I think Mages should be able to go bananas and try to kill anyone in the game if they wanted. But game balance should keep them from being able to. Question is, does it? I dont know, and thats why I brought it up.

But Ill leave this topic now.

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 27 Apr 2011 00:21

Cherek wrote:Final point, I think all guilds should be balanced in PVP abilities, I think they are not currently. And I do not believe in guilds policing themselves.

I think Mages should be able to go bananas and try to kill anyone in the game if they wanted. But game balance should keep them from being able to. Question is, does it?
Name a game that has completely balanced PVP (that anyone actually plays). WoW? Nope. Paper, rocks, scissor model. And no I don't care about the trial version anyone played, and the duel you had outside Orgrimmar. I mean Arenas, Gladiator titles, etc. Some fights you will never win just based on the class you're against, gear you have, etc.

Game balance? Imbuements. Anti magic items, anti poison items...Mage is rendered useless. With the proper preparation, anyone can kill a Mage. Bring a Ranger/PoT/SC as a pocket healer/cleanser...dead Mage. I just don't know how many different ways to say it. How about I then melee you down with my sup journeyman club given by the layman slot I am going to lose, when my spells do no damage to you.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 27 Apr 2011 00:24

Eh I didn't post that as a whose right or wrong, if I was etan I would have done the same. My point was mages aren't some merciful group that warn you before attacking, they act first and give reasoning if any once lars brings you back. Been that way in my 10 years of being here.

Secondly its about time we have some form of an advantage over you. And what's to stop you from using said imbuements yourself?

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 27 Apr 2011 00:37

Greneth wrote:Secondly its about time we have some form of an advantage over you. And what's to stop you from using said imbuements yourself?
Everyone knows several items that combat our effects (or that of any caster). I'm not going to list them (despite being common knowledge) because that's dumb. A properly equipped player has always had an advantage over a caster. My argument has always been, if you did nothing wrong to deserve it, 99.9999% of the time you have zero risk of being attacked by a Mage, so Cherek's "no no but IF this then THAT" idea is moot.

Our goal is the location of the One Ring and the utter destruction of the world of Men. The Tower doesn't give a flying fuck about the petty squabbles of the rest of the realms...and we have little interest in an "open season on everyone" affair. The Dark Lord wouldn't approve of such a waste of time.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 27 Apr 2011 01:44

Padraig wrote:
Greneth wrote:Secondly its about time we have some form of an advantage over you. And what's to stop you from using said imbuements yourself?
Everyone knows several items that combat our effects (or that of any caster). I'm not going to list them (despite being common knowledge) because that's dumb. A properly equipped player has always had an advantage over a caster. My argument has always been, if you did nothing wrong to deserve it, 99.9999% of the time you have zero risk of being attacked by a Mage, so Cherek's "no no but IF this then THAT" idea is moot.

Our goal is the location of the One Ring and the utter destruction of the world of Men. The Tower doesn't give a flying fuck about the petty squabbles of the rest of the realms...and we have little interest in an "open season on everyone" affair. The Dark Lord wouldn't approve of such a waste of time.
False on so many levels, before the imbuements a player had a good chance to win with all items combined, that's not mentioning trying to gather all said items and equip them at once, then there's other guildies who wil take a piece here and there, rack looters ect. Your special skill set along with the dps makes it quite hard to properly combat without careful planning and some luck.

If I am somehow wrong then by all means please someone get a myth and ill give you the list of items needed and your more then welcome to test it out. Without them purposely not using their spells right or being prepared its just not going to happen.

But ill give you the rest if your not aiming to piss them off 9 out of 10 times your not even worth a second glance. But please stop trying to play the victim here when it comes to a mages capabilities, your not fooling anyone.

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 27 Apr 2011 02:35

I actually find it funny that people are whining a bit about MM. I've always had deep respect
for them in a fight. I knew I had to be prepared if I were going up against them, but that's
been the case with so many people over the years. More often than not, it's been a matter
of character size and player skills.
Unless you were a Mystic, and just cast 1 spell to kill a MM.

The lust for PvP is really sad in my world. Sure, some of the big fights have been fun. I
remember a Ranger/Calia/Kaheda fight vs AA/MM once. around 50 people battling it out
in ME. But that was more or less a planned action. One side gathered a large force. Some
sneaky RoN found them and alerted the rest, and then the fun began.
Other than that I find that PvP tends to move focus away from the real content in the game.

I've never had any trouble staying out of fights, and I doubt it's a problem now. And if you
feel like you are being harassed by someone, report them.

And, for the love of the gods, don't join a guild because they are powerful or not... join it
because you like what they stand for and have fun with the game.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 27 Apr 2011 09:25

JBS or Blackened whip on wimpy brave+Magic ress gear and some magic ress herbs= Running mage

Worked REALLY well for me 5-6 years ago atleast. Didnt seem to overpowered when I was around hurt and the mage in question was BA when the little buger got away. Mages are all about preparation, in them beating people and also in beating them, the proper kit and you'll anihilate them completely. And the kit beeing as I posted above. If ya come on them with complete shait gear and they have theire potions, components etc, OFC yer gonna get a beating

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/