Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Post by Laurel » 24 Apr 2011 19:10

shattap dumb ogre with spelling difficulties ... thank you :twisted: :lol:

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 24 Apr 2011 19:22

But there again seren had what? One death compared to fluffy's full two levels of death?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 24 Apr 2011 19:55

To much grog..
http://prima-sprit.de/index.php?pid=1000&picid=45

you try.. really good stuff..s

Wolverine
Adventurer

Post by Wolverine » 24 Apr 2011 22:57

Cherek wrote: The killing machines of the week
1. Sojiro
2. Fluffy
3. Seren
4. Zauhak
All of these on recovery, right?

So not that impressive... :roll:

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Apr 2011 23:12

Recovery or not, there have been MMs on that list many times before. And scops. Except Pots who I havent seen on that list ever.

There are of course tons of variables to who ends up on the list every week, depending on competition, recovery or not, etc etc. But come on, I think its safe say spellcasters do quite well in gaining XP... and that they do very well in PVP we already know.

If its right or wrong I dont know, just a reflection.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 25 Apr 2011 01:46

Actually Ravhin was there for a bit when he first joined PoT and would clear the plains with people

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 25 Apr 2011 14:53

The PoT are never on the lists cause the guild is _DEAD_ simple. I am not going to state why the guild is dead, we all know why.

And again, I have teamed with morguls quite recently, they had to run back to the tower once or twice for some herbs they ran out of now and then. So they are clearly using a ton of herbs. And had he been tanking the entire tank I am VERY sure he'd need to take some downtime to heal every 2 rooms or so. They arent that uber mega grinders, they are good in bursts tho, very damn good

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 16:58

Cherek wrote: Whine whine whine...
Yes, you'd be surprised how many rounds of centaurs I can do in a day. Blame Zagar for getting your damage spell nerfed in the Neidar fights years ago. I'd gladly lose firepower for the ability to heal and cleanse. Oh, but from the smell of your posts, you want to have it all right? You're a cleric. Everyone knows your guild is weak and underpowered -- this will be addressed and you will be brought into line with the new caster guilds -- but you are still a cleric, and your firepower will never match that of a purely offensive-minded guild.

I'm not going to get into internal guild politics, as it is none of your business. If a Mage is after you, it's because you were warned, usually several times, and you failed to listen. This isn't the Vampires guild. Theoretical power, combined with what you think you know, does not equate to real power used everyday. The Mages have survived for so long in their current form because of the checks and balances and penalties in place by the Admin. Why is it you feel entitled to know what they are? There are things I want removed from our arsenal, as I even mentioned in game to Gorboth yesterday. The power we may or may not hold comes from a lot of work that, as many have said before, players for the most part aren't willing to put in.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 26 Apr 2011 17:03

Padraig wrote:
Cherek wrote: Whine whine whine...
Yes, you'd be surprised how many rounds of centaurs I can do in a day. Blame Zagar for getting your damage spell nerfed in the Neidar fights years ago. I'd gladly lose firepower for the ability to heal and cleanse. Oh, but from the smell of your posts, you want to have it all right? You're a cleric. Everyone knows your guild is weak and underpowered -- this will be addressed and you will be brought into line with the new caster guilds -- but you are still a cleric, and your firepower will never match that of a purely offensive-minded guild.

I'm not going to get into internal guild politics, as it is none of your business. If a Mage is after you, it's because you were warned, usually several times, and you failed to listen. This isn't the Vampires guild. Theoretical power, combined with what you think you know, does not equate to real power used everyday. The Mages have survived for so long in their current form because of the checks and balances and penalties in place by the Admin. Why is it you feel entitled to know what they are? There are things I want removed from our arsenal, as I even mentioned in game to Gorboth yesterday. The power we may or may not hold comes from a lot of work that, as many have said before, players for the most part aren't willing to put in.
Err I would like a warning when I have been attacked. Im pretty sure your King attacked first then told me why afterwards. Actually several times its just been attack first then you tell me what I did wrong. So not sure what Mages guild your thinking of but thats not how its done.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Apr 2011 17:10

Padraig:
Huh? What on earth are you talking about? I was discussing how I feel the mages seem to be very good at both grinding and PVP.

And when you say "you" do you mean me or people in general?

You make it sound like I am a pot, and that I am hunted by mages and I have no idea where you get that from.

If you want to share YOUR thoughts on the subjects feel free to, but dont put words into my mouth please.

And if you wanna quote me, do it right...
Last edited by Cherek on 26 Apr 2011 17:17, edited 3 times in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/