Changeling / Shapeshifters

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: Changeling / Shapeshifters

Post by Kitriana » 26 Apr 2012 03:20

Considering that the Calians already have this "wolfie" theme in it... I'd much prefer the idea of druid/shapeshifting into various forms.. not the lycan version. I think its creates a more unique guild..

Not that I'm planning on shifting guilds .. but I'd rather see that in the realms than lycans.

Also -- I think the druid/shapeshifting offers a bit more in terms of RP instead of wolfies just attacking stuff. You could have a more varied audience interested in the guild not just the Powerplayers.

:?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 26 Apr 2012 13:16

Well the Calians are dead.
And truth be told with the current population, there isnt any place for a guild that is 100% dependant on teaming up.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Creed

Post by Creed » 26 Apr 2012 13:49

So... rather kill the guild that gives people a reason to team, and let everyone else be happy in their soloing frenzies?
I would much rather see every guild be based more on teaming, giving all of them some kind of team ability.

I personally think that most guilds ought to make players rather useless on their own, but have the option to become really powerful if you combine them in the right way.
I think its a shame that its generally only the goodie guilds which has team abilities, and the evils are so individual, only relying on the raw power of goblins, more or less.

It would create a much more interesting setup, if all players had to go out and socialize to actually be able to get anywhere.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Apr 2012 13:54

amberlee wrote:Well the Calians are dead.
And truth be told with the current population, there isnt any place for a goodie guild that is 100% dependant on teaming up.
corrected

besides - it's Petros, who could possible singlehandedly change Calians into wolverines or other shapeshifters anyway - Calia has no real RP connection to Krynn or ME (or other places), so can be as well a wolf-pack country
they got the helmets for it already ... and the only automated "offensive" special in the game (that I'm aware of)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 26 Apr 2012 14:23

Creed wrote:So... rather kill the guild that gives people a reason to team, and let everyone else be happy in their soloing frenzies?
I would much rather see every guild be based more on teaming, giving all of them some kind of team ability.

I personally think that most guilds ought to make players rather useless on their own, but have the option to become really powerful if you combine them in the right way.
I think its a shame that its generally only the goodie guilds which has team abilities, and the evils are so individual, only relying on the raw power of goblins, more or less.

It would create a much more interesting setup, if all players had to go out and socialize to actually be able to get anywhere.

Explain to me what good a guild is when no one wants to be in it?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Creed

Post by Creed » 26 Apr 2012 15:17

As written before, trends in guilds come and go, depending on who is playing, and who is good at drawing other people in.
Which means that I don't think we should close a guild that works, just because the current trend makes people go elsewhere.
Im sure people will return to Calia, for one reason or other at some point.

But that was not really the main focus of my note.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 26 Apr 2012 15:25

Cant for my life understad why anyone would join Calians anyway.. When BDA or Knights are better and equal in damage dealing easily(Yes in that order too).
and they arent even depended on teams.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Apr 2012 15:29

To safely idle-grow on a tank's back even on TT, Ice, etc.? No other reasons I know of.
They surely beat Rangers, Neidars or SS in terms of dmg. For various reasons tho.
Oh - and to get a wolf-helm noone uses and a guild-tell.
However the team-emotes of Calians are superb.

Strider
Adept

The reports of Calian's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Post by Strider » 26 Apr 2012 17:38

amberlee wrote:Well the Calians are dead.
The Calian racks are stocked. The Council is responsive. The kroug are in check.

Admittedly, I always liked the Calian honey-wasp imagery myself.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 26 Apr 2012 18:53

Is it really just damage that people seek in guilds this days? That's sad.
I always regarded Rangers and Calians as a support-style guilds, where your soloing capabilities were irrelevant next to what you actually bring to the team. Big shoutout to all the people who used to be Rangers/Blacksmiths for years.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/