Character size inflation

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Character size inflation

Post by Laurel » 05 Aug 2012 18:18

Question is "how many play". Players - not chars.

Besides - you still want to change the ppl's attitude by this - wrong tool imo. Take out a carrot instead of a stick.

Creed

Post by Creed » 05 Aug 2012 18:24

And its quite hard, since DG hasn't been running for quite a while by now.
At least the times I have tried to log in.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 06 Aug 2012 00:20

Laurel wrote:Question is "how many play". Players - not chars.

Besides - you still want to change the ppl's attitude by this - wrong tool imo. Take out a carrot instead of a stick.
Change people's attitude? Who said I wanted to change that? What stick?

I can only speak how I personally feel, and for me a similar change would be a HUGE carrot for me to return to the game actively. What would be yours?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Aug 2012 06:06

I am active in the game. Maybe that's why our perception is different.
Also - you had most of what you ask for (huge qexp without breaking a sweat, almost free joining to all guilds, unlimited PvP and some more) on Igor. I vaguely remember no real queues to login there. If your logic is flawless, how was that possible?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 06 Aug 2012 06:58

Laurel wrote:I am active in the game. Maybe that's why our perception is different.
Also - you had most of what you ask for (huge qexp without breaking a sweat, almost free joining to all guilds, unlimited PvP and some more) on Igor. I vaguely remember no real queues to login there. If your logic is flawless, how was that possible?
Are you actually talking to me Laurel?

Why are you stating I've said things I havent even been close to saying? When did I ask for huge qexp without breaking a sweat? Or free to join all guilds and unlimited PVP? What flawless logic are you talking about?

You're making absolutely no sense at all and there is no point in discussing this with you further. If you want to have a serious discussion where you actually comment on things I have said, thats fine, but just making up things I have said, and then replying to it, just makes it impossible to talk to you... Sorry.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Aug 2012 07:31

Cherek wrote:Are you actually talking to me Laurel?

Why are you stating I've said things I havent even been close to saying? When did I ask for huge qexp without breaking a sweat? Or free to join all guilds and unlimited PVP? What flawless logic are you talking about?

You're making absolutely no sense at all and there is no point in discussing this with you further. If you want to have a serious discussion where you actually comment on things I have said, thats fine, but just making up things I have said, and then replying to it, just makes it impossible to talk to you... Sorry.
You asked me a question, that I directly answered (first sentence). The rest of my post was not for you personally, but for those who want quest exp changes, more PvP, voice issues with guild joining, etc. Hence there was a space between those statements. Sorrie if it wasn't obvious - thought this was a forum, not PMs (I'm ironic and sarcastic again - your fault ;p).

Now that you asked tho, bulletpoints from your note:
add a few zeros to quest XP
introduce rewards for PVP kills

Do I make more sense now, that I pointed out directly why I associate your name on the forum with those aspects of thinking about changes?

From another note (same thread):
the game must change to become a game of interaction again if it is gonna have a chance of surviving
which to me is a change in players' attitude, not mechanics (MUD mechanics allow you to multilog an army for your own purpose for all I know - no need to interact between your own chars other than with a script, as somone already proved even in Gen ... and you still don't interact with other PLAYERS - as opposed to chars), that you denied with:
Change people's attitude? Who said I wanted to change that?

Now obviously I am not in favour of the current status, which I voiced often enough already. I'm quite with Targun and Amber (mostly) and sometimes with Makfly.

To me you are similar as the recently wizzed Zhar - similar attitude, similar way of thinking, similar way of playing (or not playing). This would here become more of a personal note, so I hereby finish it.

Obviously I am getting better and feel bored in this hospital, finding myself arguing with you. ;p

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 06 Aug 2012 15:04

Laurel: Well its kinda hard to know when you first answer directly to me, and in the next sentance use the word "you". I could not find anyone else suggesting what you said we had either. It feels like you are reading what I/we have written and then drawing (wrong) conclusions... on purpose or not.

You completely missed that I suggested to remove the concept of quest XP and make all XP equal, if so what we used to call "quest XP" needs to get a few more zeros because as it is now it would be useless to finish a quest without the brute factor. Personally I thinks quests are great and I prefer them alot over grinding, but its pretty clear that the big majority of the players do not and want them to be optional. I am trying to figure out how that could work while still make them a part of the time... I prefer the idea of quest XP adding to another XP pool though where you get bonuses and perks instead of actual XP... Are you with me now?

Introducing rewards for winners in PVP, instead of what we have today - huge penalties for the losers, does not mean unlimited free for all PVP. That conclusion you draw yourself, I never said that. I did not go into details at all, but if I am going to... The system I was thinking of would include some type of declare war/peace/alliance system with other guilds. If you're at war you or your guild get rewards for killing people you are at war with. That way PVP would be funnier I think, since you do not feel like leaving the game if you get killed as the penalty for dying is very small compared today, but the reward for killing means there's still a point in fighting.

Randomly slaying people in Sparkle would not give rewards, and with the smaller penalty for death there would be little use in doing so.

Hopefully with a system like the people who enjoy pfighting would find others who enjoy it too, and those who do not like it hopefully does not have to participate too much, but even if forced to, they dont lose months of XP should they get killed.

Regarding attitude... again you misinterpret. Obviously if everyone playing felt like interacting not grinding again that would be good. But how to you suggest changing that without changing the game so interaction becomes fun? Or changing the game so we attract new people, or people who have left and enjoy interaction. Telling people to change their attitude, stop grinding and scripting, and start talking to people instead, I doubt will work... or how do you suggest doing that?

Whats the deal with the last few sentances? Whats wrong with mine and Zhar's thinking and attitude now?

Without knowing why you're in the hospital its good you're feeling good enough to argue on the forum. If nothing else comes out of this, thats good. :)

Althyrian
Apprentice

Post by Althyrian » 12 Aug 2012 22:00

Laurel wrote:You can have a titan with ca. 10 game-days of age. That wasn't 100% focus, so I guess you can have one with lower age.
To hit myth sooner, human with even stats would be better (says my personal statistics-nerd, after looking at numbers). Such a char would grind slower than gobbo, so it would have to be two test-runs with almost identical setup, which won't be happening.

My wild guess:
titan 10 days
champ up to 20 days
legend up to 30 days
myth up to 50 days of age

as human, merc, aa to allow access to all quests and grind-spots with a wide variety of equipment choice.

That's my guess tho. People who created multiple myth chars surely know more.

Poet, you here? ;)
At 3 hours of playing time a day, every day without exception, it will take 400 calender days to achieve myth. That's 21 hours a week for 13 months doing nothing but questing and killing as efficiently as possible to become a small myth. If you take into consideration the learning curve for someone who has never played Genesis, the time spent doing things that are not directed at efficiently leveling, solving quests without having access to solutions, then it would in fact take years to reach myth. As I have said many times before it is simply impossible for a new player to Genesis to attain a reasonable size in a reasonable amount time. This is why we cannot attract new people to this game.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Aug 2012 22:42

Maybe before you ask yourself how long it will take you (or a newbie) to reach myth, ask current myths how long it took them? Not everybody is Poet, you know ;p

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 12 Aug 2012 22:44

Althyrian wrote:
Laurel wrote:You can have a titan with ca. 10 game-days of age. That wasn't 100% focus, so I guess you can have one with lower age.
To hit myth sooner, human with even stats would be better (says my personal statistics-nerd, after looking at numbers). Such a char would grind slower than gobbo, so it would have to be two test-runs with almost identical setup, which won't be happening.

My wild guess:
titan 10 days
champ up to 20 days
legend up to 30 days
myth up to 50 days of age

as human, merc, aa to allow access to all quests and grind-spots with a wide variety of equipment choice.

That's my guess tho. People who created multiple myth chars surely know more.

Poet, you here? ;)
At 3 hours of playing time a day, every day without exception, it will take 400 calender days to achieve myth. That's 21 hours a week for 13 months doing nothing but questing and killing as efficiently as possible to become a small myth. If you take into consideration the learning curve for someone who has never played Genesis, the time spent doing things that are not directed at efficiently leveling, solving quests without having access to solutions, then it would in fact take years to reach myth. As I have said many times before it is simply impossible for a new player to Genesis to attain a reasonable size in a reasonable amount time. This is why we cannot attract new people to this game.

You can go to myth so much faster :P If yer good and know the quests it takes 15 hours tops to get enough Qexp, add that with having a friend that can dragg you in trolls, elves, neraka and/or Icewall... Myth in no time :P

I agree tho, the game is to much of a hassle for newbies, and the newbie area I dont like at all :s Newbie areas should be easy, and the game should become increasingly harder the further you go, not start like shit and THEN get easier as you go along, thats just... weird

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/