Gear inflation?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Gear inflation?

Post by cotillion » 23 Aug 2012 11:55

The game needs to adjust NPC and item spawn rates depending on the amount of active players.
The amount of 'stored' items probably needs to be dealt with somehow also...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 23 Aug 2012 11:58

Well, some items has a set max amount, can't we just lower those amounts?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Aug 2012 23:09

As I said, make the NPCs badass, we're talking close to impossible to do solo, and make soloing them random as hell, perhaps have the NPCs spawn with stats ranging from New myth to Barash size? And I am talking Loran, Atlas, Ashie you name it. This will lead to people using Draconian claymores etc cause going for a Runie solo is just... a bad idea (seriously the shadow-eves are not hard to kill by anyones standards and you know it)

The Balrog is a good example even tho he needs to upgrade his gear so killing him actually is more than a status thingie, he is from what I have understood annoying but he gives shit. Update his weapons and let people try it, hell perhaps even add something to him and make him even more annoying?

Buff up the dragons! Dragons are supposed to be BADASS, now they are just... bad :P Utterly weak, people bully them around as if they where nothing, upgrade dragons to require teams of atleast 2-3 people and update theire treasures alittle in terms of money and perhaps items, or why not just move some of the UBER items to be guarded by one of our newly upgraded dragons?

My point is that getting for example a Broadsword from Loran is not something that should be a bloody cakewalk, he wields a UBER weapon, yet heroes kill him with little problem, hell even me as a Dragon order member kill him fast and my damage is... dick :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Aug 2012 23:31

Draugor wrote:my damage is... dick :P
join SS, compare ;p

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Aug 2012 23:35

We do need more interesting challenges in the game for our larger players. It would not be terribly difficult to do as you suggest, Draugor. However, if suddenly all of the weapons and armours in the game that people are used to getting easily were immensely difficult to achieve, would this not have the effect of a "nerf" that tends to trigger people to stop playing? Could the players actually handle such a change without wanting to quit?

For this to become a reality, here is what I would need. A list of:
  • The name of the npc to be made more difficult.
  • The domain in which the npc can be found.
  • The city or area in that domain in which the npc can be found.
With such a list, it would not be hard to fairly quickly make a global change of this sort, and I would be willing to do it myself.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Creed

Post by Creed » 23 Aug 2012 23:41

Just keep in mind, the NPC's need to become more difficult to kill..

That doesn't mean they have to give more XP. The item in itself should be worth it all.
You should not severely upgrade the size of all NPC's with super equipment, to give double XP of now.
People are large enough as it is, shouldn't be easier to become any bigger.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Aug 2012 00:24

gorboth wrote:We do need more interesting challenges in the game for our larger players. It would not be terribly difficult to do as you suggest, Draugor. However, if suddenly all of the weapons and armours in the game that people are used to getting easily were immensely difficult to achieve, would this not have the effect of a "nerf" that tends to trigger people to stop playing? Could the players actually handle such a change without wanting to quit?

With such a list, it would not be hard to fairly quickly make a global change of this sort, and I would be willing to do it myself.

G.
Okay, I will make a list over NPCs and items that I know of and mail it to you.

Strider
Adept

The Wages Of Combat Ain't Death

Post by Strider » 24 Aug 2012 01:39

gorboth wrote:if suddenly all of the weapons and armours in the game that people are used to getting easily were immensely difficult to achieve, would this not have the effect of a "nerf" that tends to trigger people to stop playing?
Admittedly, it is not a game-wide sample, but it didn't generate a lot of outrage when we discussed reworking the wages of combat here.

I'd also argue that this should be done in many small putts, towards the goal of a tough but fair equipment attainability-power curve, in the same way stats should not be adjusted in one big nerf.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Aug 2012 07:41

Draugor wrote:
gorboth wrote:We do need more interesting challenges in the game for our larger players. It would not be terribly difficult to do as you suggest, Draugor. However, if suddenly all of the weapons and armours in the game that people are used to getting easily were immensely difficult to achieve, would this not have the effect of a "nerf" that tends to trigger people to stop playing? Could the players actually handle such a change without wanting to quit?

G.
I'm sorry, but you are a tad biased in that regard. I'd rather welcome all such changes done to NPC's discussed/voted here first.
Only because you can go and solo Ash (whom you gave as an example), doesn't mean every guild comabination can. Just because a hero merc+KoT can solo s-elves (as stated here on this forum), doesn't mean all other guild combinations can. Some guilds are suited for some enemies, some have it really hard with them.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Aug 2012 09:33

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:

G.
I'm sorry, but you are a tad biased in that regard. I'd rather welcome all such changes done to NPC's discussed/voted here first.
Only because you can go and solo Ash (whom you gave as an example), doesn't mean every guild comabination can. Just because a hero merc+KoT can solo s-elves (as stated here on this forum), doesn't mean all other guild combinations can. Some guilds are suited for some enemies, some have it really hard with them.
Oh, my current guild is not suited to make the list from, that I am more than aware of, I will be making it from when I was a Gladiator. But sure, I can post it here first and people can have a vote. Here is a quick part of the list :P

Loran Earthsea Gont beach/Twill, he wields one of the biggest and baddest weapons in the game, yet hes a fucking wimp, upgrade him, not the weapon, the weapon is more than fine already.

Ashie ME Morie, do people still kill him? I mean his helmet aint as good as the orc captain and the orc captains seem to be unlimited :s Upgrade his drops alittle, make his platemail worth a damn perhaps?

Death knight in Ruamdor, one of the best chestplates in the game if I am not mistaken? And yet I have hade no problems killing him ever since I was a Titan either in the BDA, RDA or Glads, make his swords into something good non-magical, just hig HIT/PEN and perhaps give him a random helmet with some enchantment?

Wise troll Mithas Krynn, He aint that hard and can only have one item, its THE axe for most people yet the Karg female whom wields a shittier axe is more of a bitch than him, and hes very easy to bounce, make him hunt or something, make him alittle bigger and make his ring into something worth a damn, slight fatigue removal? Slight INT raise?

Shadow-elves Sybarus, they wield perhaps THE best one hander in the game? Yet anyone makes them theire bitch from Hero and up if in the right guild, oh yes, they steal weapons and carry about... but cant take shit for damage so you just need to bring 3 weapons and yer fine. Make them nastier, perhaps give them a slight upgrade in loot?

Dragons in the game
Greenie in Flotsam, its a huge green dragon, and yet people kill him solo with almost no challenge, upgrade her, make her evil as shait fix the dragonbreath and her stats, dragons are supposed to be badass. Make her loot worth a damn, the only thing people go for nowadays are the BGR, modify the Goblin slayer sword perhaps?

Blackie in Mithas, dont really need to do anything about the loot here as he has one of the best polearms in the game and THE best Hoopak, also decent one handed spears, just make him harder, dragons shouldnt be soloable, its just silly.

Blue dragon in Kalaman, Upgrade the loot, ONLY potions from a dragon? Sometimes a sphere to scry? Cmon? Give him drops of cash, perhaps a weapon? And not another sword, we have a million of them already. And make him bigger, dragons arent supposed to be soloable

Deepie in Kabal, one of the true treasures of genesis that noone ever goes for anymore, make his scale protect more than just the arm, give him a hoard of gold to be collected when he is killed? And ofc make him non-soloable.

Black dragon Terel, give him a hoard of cash and perhaps the bluebolt? I miss that sword, make it decent when not bolted and completely bat-shit crazy when bolted.

Red dragon Terel, Only SU member that go for the teeth here right? Upgrade him, and give him some sort of gear perhaps? He could possibly have the tanto? Alltho I think thats Mergulas from the start?

Make ALL Dragons non-soloable, perhaps just make them go insane if there is only one person in there, make them throw people out and be a general pain in the ass.

Ember, Krynn Pax tharkas, Noone ever kills ember, they only speed kill verminaard and leave, make Ember pick Vermies corpse up so you need to kill Ember aswell, ofc upgrade Ember AND upgrade Vermies loot, he only has like... two things atm worth going for, the deep plate and midnight, and midnight people rarely use as it is.

Orc captain Emerald, he has THE best helmet in the game right? Make it limited? 90% of the game has atleast one of his helmets so its not special at all really wich makes other helmets unused since people will go for the best when its always available. Dont modify how hard he is, to most people he is a bitch no matter what.

Balrog ME Moria, I have been given the impression that his whip and sword sucks... well donkey balls? Upgrade them perhaps so people actually feel a need to kick his ass? And so that people are actually rewarded for it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/