Gear inflation?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Gear inflation?

Post by Arcon » 24 Aug 2012 09:58

What a twist!

here we are or rather were discussing gear inflation and now suddenly we're talking about UPDRADING loot from NPCs? What???? I give up

Give everyone everything they want and let them keep it. Why should it matter?

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 24 Aug 2012 10:38

If you make dragons unkillable by less than say 3 people, you might find Gen to be much more social.

I'm all for upgrading loot! Upgrading npc's to resist myths might be discouraging to champs and below. All of a sudden a green longsword is unattainable, you'll be getting an earful.

B

Creed

Post by Creed » 24 Aug 2012 11:16

I'd rather if you grade the NPC, based on the equipment they got.

If Loran has the GSB, he becomes insanely difficult, because he has that sword.
Gets some nasty special with that sword, which might hurt whole team or if just 1 enemy, is frightenly damaging. And then when he only has a green one, he shouldn't be much harder than now.

Same with Wise troll.. with the crystal axe he is to go completely berserk, call a lot more trolls to him, or some sort.
So you make it increasingly difficult to kill them when they have the super items, but not making them impossible when they have crap.
We still want the items to be used in game.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 24 Aug 2012 14:34

Creed wrote: Gets some nasty special with that sword, which might hurt whole team or if just 1 enemy, is frightenly damaging. And then when he only has a green one, he shouldn't be much harder than now.
That reminds me of Verminaard almost murdering a team of big DAs + PoT just after jet-black war sword was added :D

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Aug 2012 14:58

Tive wrote: That reminds me of Verminaard almost murdering a team of big DAs + PoT just after jet-black war sword was added :D
keep bragging around ;p

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Aug 2012 16:04

arcon wrote:What a twist!

here we are or rather were discussing gear inflation and now suddenly we're talking about UPDRADING loot from NPCs? What???? I give up

I was a bit surprised by Draugor's list, too. From what I understood, the original idea was simply to make the npcs more difficult, not upgrade the loot.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 24 Aug 2012 16:29

gorboth wrote:
arcon wrote:What a twist!

I was a bit surprised by Draugor's list, too. From what I understood, the original idea was simply to make the npcs more difficult, not upgrade the loot.

G.
I'm not saying - Don't upgrade the NPCs...
But bare in mind that upgrading the NPCs to accommodate the Myths, also have the effect of making content (even more) inaccessible for those below Myth/Legend level.
It's not bridging any gaps, really - If that is what the aim is, that is.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 24 Aug 2012 16:34

All I want to see is that people stop being so damn spoiled. I want people to react "wow! We got a shintor/GT/Silva" not "Damn there is no good eq, just shitty dull sabre/GWT/DMS".

I think it would have a great positive impact on the game with less elite eq and make them a bit worse. If you want to call it Nerf so be it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Aug 2012 17:14

I'm pretty fine with a DMS/holy blade combo ;p Love no-breakers ;)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Aug 2012 18:24

bromen wrote:If you make dragons unkillable by less than say 3 people, you might find Gen to be much more social.

I'm all for upgrading loot! Upgrading npc's to resist myths might be discouraging to champs and below. All of a sudden a green longsword is unattainable, you'll be getting an earful.

B

Green longswords are good enough to kill with, hell I did it alot as a BDA soldier, I managed to get decent XP with no problems, the PROBLEM is that people are to goddamn spoiled, "back in the day" if I got a hold of a draconian claymore... hell I'd be dangerous, and then BOOM! Shitloads of uber weapons just blew up and alot of gear that would in fact be good still today, became shit. Hell even today I dont give a crap to get a MBP or Deep plate now and then, I am quite happy with an AMC,bracers greaves and a deaths helmet, I can still run around and tank, and before you say thats cause I am in the DO let me point out that we're only great against solo mobs, we're not that hardcore against several mobs due to a lack of evasive special.

There are shitloads of gear for people that are champ and below, hell alot of the time people know large people that can help out and get uber stuff, if they dont they can always send me a mail, I aint bitchy to the degree that I dont help people out that need help.

People shouldnt be able to solo MEGA geared NPCs, hell I am all for making NPCs IMPOSSIBLE for solo myths aswell, but lets say... if there are TWO people be them a titan and a champ they could stand a decent chance, or a myth and a hero, kinda like the NPC in Sybarus that scales depending on whom attacks it, make the NPCs scale depending on the largest player in the team, not the attacker, otherwise everyone would have a RH in theire teams just to lower the size. And thus other people would be able, it would however show to be a challenge, make the NPCs always grow larger than the player that attacks it, ofc on the uber geared ones. Dragons tho... ALWAYS huge, not like the sissies we have now

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/