Gear inflation?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Gear inflation?

Post by Arcon » 10 Aug 2012 13:51

I would like to see more areas/camps that you have to fight in and after some time a hard "boss" appear that CAN(most of the times just have something half decent or decent) have some good item.
no more just running to the NPCs that has the eq but you have to work for it. It would be more fun I think. You have to kill all the orcs in the camp before Gorgun appear etc

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 10 Aug 2012 13:56

arcon wrote:I would like to see more areas/camps that you have to fight in and after some time a hard "boss" appear that CAN(most of the times just have something half decent or decent) have some good item.
no more just running to the NPCs that has the eq but you have to work for it. It would be more fun I think. You have to kill all the orcs in the camp before Gorgun appear etc
or just have all orcs alive in the camp run in and rescue Gorgun + assist him when you attack him ... ;)
would be quite some work with GL or Ash/trolls in Moria tho :lol: somehow those areas are still more fun places to have great gear than ... a beach in Gont :roll:

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Aug 2012 07:58

I strongly disagree with any such ideas or changes that would affect the GSB in any way shape or form.

-B

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Aug 2012 08:48

bromen wrote:I strongly disagree with any such ideas or changes that would affect the GSB in any way shape or form.

-B

Atlas needs more power and nastyness, or nerf the sword :P

Creed

Post by Creed » 23 Aug 2012 10:48

Atlas is the wielder of the Golden Trident.. I doubt he has any affect on any sword.

If you talk about the GSB, his name is Loran. :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Aug 2012 10:50

Creed wrote:Atlas is the wielder of the Golden Trident.. I doubt he has any affect on any sword.

If you talk about the GSB, his name is Loran. :)
You know nothing, Jon Snow ... errr Creed :P

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 23 Aug 2012 10:58

This is not just about the GSB. It is about all the "elite" gear, abbasi,runie,JBS,EH,maul,SOH,quickie,crystal axe, FBB, MBP, silva shield etc etc. I can't mention them all...All of these items AND MORE are too good and there are too many of them around. Take away at least two thirds of them. I want to see more people wearing battle chainmails, scales, wielding cleavers/kestrel marked longsword and dull sabres etc etc.

Without the elite equipment the enemies will be much harder and people won't be able to grind so fast. This would bring back a tiny bit of excitement and challenge to the game.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Aug 2012 11:17

I'd think the numbers were set up when the active player-base was bigger. Instead of a fixed nbr of each item, the limit could take into consideration the login averages as posted by Gorboth in numerous notes already? Don't know if you can code that, but it would go into the direction of solving Arcon's issue, or?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Aug 2012 11:18

arcon wrote:This is not just about the GSB. It is about all the "elite" gear, abbasi,runie,JBS,EH,maul,SOH,quickie,crystal axe, FBB, MBP, silva shield etc etc. I can't mention them all...All of these items AND MORE are too good and there are too many of them around. Take away at least two thirds of them. I want to see more people wearing battle chainmails, scales, wielding cleavers/kestrel marked longsword and dull sabres etc etc.

Without the elite equipment the enemies will be much harder and people won't be able to grind so fast. This would bring back a tiny bit of excitement and challenge to the game.

The problem is not the number of items, the problem is that most of the NPCs holding them are wimps. Make the NPCs as badass as the gear they wield and people will even out the gear useage and having uber items will actually be worth a damn

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 23 Aug 2012 11:30

The amount of gear was made back when we had 100 players and now we are down to 1/4 of that. Just making the NPCs harder won't solve anything. I think we need to have less of it all, and it wouldn't hurt to nerf them a bit also.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/