The Noob webcomic

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should we place a banner on The Noob webcomic?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
I don't care
12%

Total votes: 25

Arcon

The Noob webcomic

Post by Arcon » 18 Aug 2012 10:33

I am sure many of you know of The Noob webcomic and I thought it would be a good place to place a banner to promote ourselves. I contacted Gianna to ask for possible prices and she told me that the add space is rented out by "projectwonderful".
Projectwonderful works a bit like a auction, you bid how much you want to spend on your add on a site per day and your add will stay there, charging that per day, until someone else bids higher. They do not charge by the click.
I believe there are three spaces for adds on the Noob, banner, "skyscraper" and button. The banner would seem to fit well. It is at the top right above the comic and it is not taken so we could get it cheap, 1$ a day or some I guess.

Projectwonderful say that the Noob comic get around 15000 hits a day.

http://www.projectwonderful.com/

http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php

I think this is a good idea, having a banner for one month(50-60$) and then see if we gained any new players that stuck around, if we see that it worked we can try for another month and if not we just take it down. It is not very expensive.

What do you think? Lets try to act fast and not do what we always do, talk and talk and talk but not doing anything.
Last edited by Arcon on 18 Aug 2012 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Makfly
Champion

Re: The Noob webcomic

Post by Makfly » 18 Aug 2012 11:23

I voted yes.

Getting some experiences with the effect of this type of advertising in relations to Genesis, is definitely worth 60$.
If it can bring in new players, that's just an added bonus.

A chance to "dip the toes" for that cheap, shouldn't be passed up.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Creed

Post by Creed » 18 Aug 2012 11:24

For that price, I'd say its worth a try.

Its not anything that ruins us.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 19 Aug 2012 04:04

I'm definately in favor of this. Thanks Arcon for taking the time do investigate the idea!
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Aug 2012 04:56

Okay, I'm going to investigate this. This is precisely what we raised money for, and if we can spend a small amount like that and see what happens, I'm very interested.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 21 Aug 2012 19:36

I see there are 15 people that has voted but there are atleast 30 players more or less active. My question is, maybe there are a big amount of players that do not enter this forum, shouldn't we try to move important decisions to Sparkle so those players also know what is happening and can make their voices heard? We have three boards in Sparkle made for this.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Aug 2012 22:01

Maybe I'll direct some attention here via the Common Board. I think a poll like this with web-links does function best in the Forum.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 Aug 2012 23:28

I think giving people the option of posting their opinion in Tower of Realms would be good too.
Some people just don't have accounts on here for various reasons.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 21 Aug 2012 23:42

should probably have a poll that sets a limit at what people are willing to spend. whether it ends up being $50-$60 or $500-$600 may depend on who is bidding at that time.

great idea to see what kind of feedback we get.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 Aug 2012 23:57

Personally -- I'm open to spending up to $100 without seeing results. If it shows positive results -- then I'd definately be open to more.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/