Imbuements Discussion (split from Client for Genesis topic)

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Imbuements Discussion (split from Client for Genesis topic)

Post by Zhar » 25 Jan 2013 22:31

Cherek wrote:Well Zhar does have a point about the auction house. But Gruff has a point as well... imbuement list and link to maps are the things any new player, or old player returning, usually get from the newbie line as soon as they ask where something is or what X imbuement does. And the "discover it on your own" isnt possible for a youngster since the price is way too high for a newbie. If it was 1 platinum maybe, and to be honest it could be lowered to that, or even be changed so it shows the effects right away since the discovery period for imbuements lasted the first few months. When the lists started to appear, that part of the game kind of ended. Any new player will get that list as soon as they ask the "What's this unusual object?" question on the nline anyway I think. I understand Zhar's point, and in general I agree, however regarding imbuements I dont really see a problem including them in the client.
Imbuements aren't cheap for a reason. And I see no reason for newbies to be overly interested in them and auction house in any capacity other than selling cheap imbuements to get their basic skills up.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Post by Cherek » 25 Jan 2013 22:34

Zhar: I am talking about the price to _identify_ imbuements. Nothing else. My point was that if it only costs a platinum maybe a new player would consider that before starting to ask for the list, thus perhaps creating a sense of discovery instead of being handed a list right away.

No experienced player would pay 100 plats for it anyway since everyone has access to the lists on the web. So the high identify price really doesnt have a use anymore.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 25 Jan 2013 23:22

Cherek wrote:Zhar: I am talking about the price to _identify_ imbuements. Nothing else. My point was that if it only costs a platinum maybe a new player would consider that before starting to ask for the list, thus perhaps creating a sense of discovery instead of being handed a list right away.

No experienced player would pay 100 plats for it anyway since everyone has access to the lists on the web. So the high identify price really doesnt have a use anymore.
Unless Big G will finally introduce his plan of randomly changing how imbuements look each arma :)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

gruff
Apprentice

Post by gruff » 26 Jan 2013 00:35

Zhar wrote: Unless Big G will finally introduce his plan of randomly changing how imbuements look each arma :)
You could do the same with weapons and armour too, maybe one day the crude orc vest from the fortress at sparkle will be top tier armour. Tough I doubt many would stick around for those types of changes.

Behaviours are selected by their consequences, if you want people to perform the play genesis behavior, it best be rewarding in as many ways as it possibly can, considering the amount of options that are out there if a person suddenly feel for some fantasy adventures.

Now, with rewarding, I don't mean free quest walkthroughs, 2000 platinum coins and the best possible equipment in the charity box in sparkle, challenges can be very rewarding, but you got to get something along the way of those challenges, i.e. rewards. One "reward" is finding and using an unusual item that makes you better at killing monsters.
What is not rewarding is grinding for four hours and finding an unusual item, which in turns mean that you must grind three additional hours to get the money to find out if it's any good.

This game used to be a lot different with the amount of players that used to play around the clock (there were queues(!) , there were hardly any areas where you could be alone even if you wanted to. This had a huge impact on how you played the game, and in which way you could approach the challenges.
You always ran into people who you could ask for hints on quests, so there was no reason for orbs with hints, there were people for everything. Its the same with imbuements, there really isn't any institutional knowledge to tap into through the player base, and especially if you play a game like this in a somewhat causal manner, without the lists and orbs, it's hard to get things done.
Imbuements aren't cheap for a reason. And I see no reason for newbies to be overly interested in them and auction house in any capacity other than selling cheap imbuements to get their basic skills up.
Just because you don't see a reason doesn't mean there isn't one, nor does it mean that a reason couldn't be constructed in one way or another.
If I knew more about imbuements, and newbies knew more, perhaps I could sell some that I find for a cheap price and see some newbies buying said things, and enjoying the game more.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements Discussion (split from Client for Genesis top

Post by gorboth » 29 Jan 2013 09:12

I agree with all the arguments presented here. The cost to identify imbuements has been changed to 2 platinum coins (formerly 100).

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements Discussion (split from Client for Genesis top

Post by Cherek » 29 Jan 2013 19:25

*like*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/