New Convention Poster

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

New Convention Poster

Post by gorboth » 03 Sep 2013 09:53

Hello all,

One of our community members (who is an experienced organizer of RL gaming conventions) and I have been collaborating again with Denis Loubet to come up with a poster specifically designed to appeal to the types of people who attend such events as Gencon, DragonCon, where old-school table-top gaming of all sorts are celebrated.

This poster is not yet completely finished, as we will want to add some text to the bottom to specifically promote Genesis with our URL, some encouraging words, etc. etc. But I wanted to share it with you all first, as it is now close to roll-out ready.

The goal here was to depict actual visual representations of guilds in our game, gathered around a table, gaming together (as we do in Genesis.) So, we've got from left to right, female Dragonarmy, male Shadow Union (too cool to play), male Ranger, male Dragon Order (as DM!), female Kender (wishing she could play), male Solamnian Warrior, and gender-neutral Morgul Mage.

We'll get this finished up and then put it up on the website for people to print out and distribute at any gaming conventions they might attend.

G.

Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zhar
Wizard

Re: New Convention Poster

Post by Zhar » 03 Sep 2013 09:56

Why do only MM and KoS have beer?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 03 Sep 2013 12:07

Of course my ego compels me to resent the fact that SCoP and namely Hektor is not represented, however, maybe he is just above and beyond the game - ze shadow on ze wall! ;) (irony mode de-activated)

That being said ;) - AWESOME poster. It really brought a smile to my face to see some of our stereotype representations of various guilds so well depicted, right down to the go-happy smile of the Knight. (not sure how 100% accurate the SU version is though). The fact that using Loubet and the same style& layout is in line with the overall branding vis a vis webpage and client just makes me like it even more.

*big thumbs up*
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 Sep 2013 13:10

hektor wrote:ze shadow on ze wall! ;)
there's a bloodsplat on each wall instead ... maybe ze bloodsplat, not ze shadow? ;)
that being said:

Code: Select all

Shadow: It's Shadow...
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Zorg here.
Shadow: Am I disturbing you?
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Oh no... no, no... I was... just... W-Where are you?
Shadow: Not far now.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Fifth_Element

Titan

Post by Avatar » 03 Sep 2013 13:24

Once again Angmar is being blocked from the party.

I RESENT THAT!!!!

ANGMAR! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!

AAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 Sep 2013 13:31

Avatar: you obviously were partying with Calians & Neidars & PoT and so only your main boss was able to come be drawn onto the pic. Calians & Neidars & PoT didn't make it at all - time to close them? ;p

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 03 Sep 2013 15:16

How about ordering a batch of t-shirts with the picture ?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Sep 2013 15:38

Laurel wrote: Calians & Neidars & PoT didn't make it at all - time to close them? ;p

Yes :P

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 03 Sep 2013 19:36

Just an idea: maybe the characters should wear some sort of symbols so that they're more recognizable, e.g. DA soldier a five headed dragon medallion, KoS a rose/sword/kingfisher symbol, kender could have a hoopak tied behind his back, etc.

Perhaps more races (dwarves, elves, hobbits) should be pictured too?

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Sep 2013 21:05

Rincon wrote:Just an idea: maybe the characters should wear some sort of symbols so that they're more recognizable, e.g. DA soldier a five headed dragon medallion, KoS a rose/sword/kingfisher symbol, kender could have a hoopak tied behind his back, etc.

Perhaps more races (dwarves, elves, hobbits) should be pictured too?
I think that would make it a bit too cluttered. Graphical design is an art form after all.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/